Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 10:44:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335176 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Anyone interested in Bioshock?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Anyone interested in Bioshock?  (Read 16813 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2007, 12:54:22 AM »

Finished at thirty hours, give or take. 920 gamer points. I enjoyed the ending, but I felt it was a little abrupt and there were a few things that could've used some more explaining.

Great game, anyway. The last hour or so was a bit frustrating, but the rest was so goddamned great I didn't care. Yeah, the story wasn't mindblowing, but the way it was presented was fantastic.

[/url]
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2007, 10:43:47 AM »

everluck, how much would you say the achievement spoilers detracted from the experience (if at all)?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2007, 06:02:23 PM »

For those interested, Bioshock's mastermind Ken Levine was interview by 1up. Also, I think the achievement spoilers give away a good part of the biggest twist in the game. Hell, if you read through the whole spoilers you might be able to piece it together and have the whole damn thing spoilt. I bitched about how they were stupid with the final story achievement.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2007, 08:15:10 PM »

Quote from: "superflat"
everluck, how much would you say the achievement spoilers detracted from the experience (if at all)?

I had the idea in my head that what happened would happen, but I wasn't 100%. A big part of the fun during the first half of the game for me was piecing things together, seeing who was who in regards to what occurred in Rapture's past. Reading the spoilers sort of solidified some of the ideas I was tossing around, so it wasn't like the "twist" wasn't totally unexpected. But still, I wish that moment would have been a little more of a surprise. Like, I wish I could have said "ha, I knew it!" to the game, not to achieve360points.com.

SPOILERS FOLLOWS.

But there was still plenty of stuff the spoilers left out, like
Code:
Would You Kindly?
which had me laughing for days, remembering what had been said earlier on.

Also,
Code:
I liked how they tied in the VitaChambers, with you most likely being Ryan's son, having half his genes, and therefore reviving with half your health, since his genes were the ones allowed to be revived.
I know scientifically that doesn't make sense, but some parts of the backstory seemed to imply it.
Oh, and what do you guys think about
Code:
what happened with Ryan? Do you think it's possible he's still alive, and that's part of the reason he told you to kill him? This ties into the spoiler above. Since the VitaChambers are wired to his DNA, wouldn't he come right back?

[/url]
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2007, 10:11:11 PM »

I just got to the bit in Ryan's Office, and just wow. That was genuinely one of the most powerful video gaming moments I've ever experienced.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2007, 10:45:54 PM »

Quote from: "superflat"
I just got to the bit in Ryan's Office, and just wow. That was genuinely one of the most powerful video gaming moments I've ever experienced.

Yup yup.

[/url]
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2007, 07:30:11 PM »

Well finally finished it (yeah im slow :P) and overall it was a great experience.  I am still a little unimpressed at how FPS games, even ones with good story and some rpg elements, seem to still leave a lot of character interaction out the window.  Being a one man army can be fun, but I dunno, I always end up finishing them and wishing I had more allies to count on, more people to chat with that aren't bad guys or something.

Still the only real question I had FINISHED, is

SPOILER

Code:
Once you take down Fontaine, with the help of the little sisters (All human in my case since I saved each one) you end up taking however many back to the surface.  What happens to the adam thats still in them and you.  Even in the sisters there would be residual from their intense exposure, and what about you.  Did you just decide to not light anyone on fire..and the hospitals end up never noticing the effects on your body?  Kind of strange, though the ending was still very awww and such.  That was my only questioning thing.  Otherwise I thought for the most part it wrapped up fairly well.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Jylan

No place to run Coward!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2007, 07:53:19 PM »

What you mentioned could have been wrapped up a bit more. I guess they assume.....

Code:

The Little Sisters actually do not carry Adam themselves, but instead store it inside the slug/parasite they are infested with. By saving them, you essentially eradicate it from their body by draining the parasite.

About what happens to your character though? Very good question. What about the voice surgical change you underwent to get a Little Sister to follow you? Fontaine mocked you indicating that change was a one way street. And without a constant supply of Eve, you would basically go nuts and become a splicer yourself after awhile.

Of course, you could simply throw out your character was genetically engineered to be different, right? This making him immune to the side effects that other humans experienced? Who knows. I imagine there will be a sequel of some sort with the ridiculous success this game has received.

My multi-boxing World of Warcraft blog.

araydendj.blogspot.com
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2007, 06:42:46 PM »

Okay, I'm ridiculously interested in this game. Obviously I'm an RPG fan, but I generally don't enjoy FPS's at all, mainly because I'm shit at them. I'm I likely to enjoy BioShock regardless?

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2007, 06:49:59 PM »

Possibly, it's a really awesome game. There's something called Vita Chambers that revive you upon death with no strings attached, just at about half your health rather than full, and that can be recovered with a med kit or healing station. I didn't find it too hard overall.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2007, 07:44:25 PM »

Yeah, the Vita Chambers make it really accessible. Would you be getting it on PC or 360? 360's game is a little easier (to make up for the lack of precision), so normal difficulty would probably be fine for you. If you get it on PC, you might try easy.

On X Box, you've also got the option to turn on aim assist, as well as having a goal marker indicating where to go next.

[/url]
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2007, 05:51:17 AM »

I'd be getting it on the 360. I am sorely, sorely tempted. I may just hold out and get Mass Effect in a few months instead. Which reminds me, I need to look up the PAL release date for that.

I had a stupid dream

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2007, 01:43:59 PM »

Something tells me right now Mass Effect won't be as well received as Bioshock. Still, if you're on the fence and aren't big into FPSs, Mass Effect might be the better choice.

[/url]
Degolas

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2007, 04:59:23 PM »

Ok, so I picked this up today. I haven't played too much, I'm currently
Code:
wondering around trying to find telekinesis to get at Dr Steiner.

As expected, I suck at the game and can't find the fucking thing anywhere!

I had a stupid dream

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2007, 08:00:48 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
Ok, so I picked this up today. I haven't played too much, I'm currently
Code:
wondering around trying to find telekinesis to get at Dr Steiner.

As expected, I suck at the game and can't find the fucking thing anywhere!

Code:
Look for the dentistry place.

[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: