Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 07:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340982 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Anyone interested in Bioshock?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Anyone interested in Bioshock?  (Read 17003 times)
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2007, 04:24:43 PM »

Yeah, I worked it out. Man, I'm stupid! I don't think I'll ever get the hang of destructible environments :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2007, 12:49:13 PM »

You could always boost the look sensitivity up. That's what I did, and it helped a great deal. 100 sensitivity on Bioshock is a 5 or 6 in Halo, if that's a useful comparison.

[/url]
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »

SO, Bioshlock. I hear it's more of an FPS than an RPG. Either way, is this an FPS that would get me interested in the genre, or is this game an exception within the genre? E.g., am I going to enjoy it, even if I don't particularly care for FPS?

Man, the first and last FPS I ever cared for was Wolfenstein 3D, which, correct me if I'm wrong, was the dawn of the genre.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2007, 11:24:40 PM »

Download the demo to see if you like it. How's it going for you Deg?

It is very much a shooter though. Not quite as fast paced as other shooters, but a shooter none the less.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2007, 11:34:18 PM »

Quote from: "superflat"
Download the demo to see if you like it. How's it going for you Deg?

It is very much a shooter though. Not quite as fast paced as other shooters, but a shooter none the less.

No XBox 360, and my PC's sure as hell not a gaming PC, puts download out of the question; should I bothering renting first? Is Bioshock even a reason to get the console?
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2007, 11:59:26 PM »

So what would you be playing it on if not 360 or PC? It's almost not worth it to play on the PC at anything below Medium settings (see the GameSpot PC vs. Xbox comparison for details).

If you were planning on getting a 360 and you were just waiting for good games, it wouldn't be a bad time to get one around now what with all of the amazing holiday goodness coming up through November and a great catalog of games that're already out. I personally think that it's never a good idea to buy a console for one game, but if there are some other ones that you would play then go for it.

One thing you might want to look out for on the 360 front are the 65nm processors. Those should be out in the near future and might be worth waiting for.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2007, 11:20:25 AM »

I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. To be honest, I was expecting a little more RPG out of it, but I like it nonetheless. I do find myself hankering for a good cut-scene every now and again though!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2007, 12:09:01 AM »

1.5 Million shipped, sequels are being discussed. There's plenty talk of it being a franchise, wholly owned by T2, blah blah blah. Is it me, or is anyone else apprehensive about this? Part of what made Bioshock awesome was being a relatively fresh, unique game, and if they just stick to copying that over and over to profit, it seems to be missing the point. I'd rather just see a similar game from the same people, not necessarily carrying the same name. Then again, it's not like Final Fantasy ever had to share anything beyond spells, a name, some creatures, and maybe a theme or two.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2007, 12:14:55 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
1.5 Million shipped, sequels are being discussed. There's plenty talk of it being a franchise, wholly owned by T2, blah blah blah. Is it me, or is anyone else apprehensive about this? Part of what made Bioshock awesome was being a relatively fresh, unique game, and if they just stick to copying that over and over to profit, it seems to be missing the point.

I'm TOTALLY apprehensive about it. No sequels, kthx. Keep the developer making awesome games, yes. But keep letting them be original! If the publishers/producers/other-people-with-money force them to keep putting out a rehashed BioShock, it will be a crime. The developers (formerly called "Irrational Games" before their name got converted) are brilliant people, and they can definitely keep coming up with good stuff.

I like agreeing with you, Eusis. You're a smart man and you make me feel better about myself. ^^

Ramza

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2007, 12:17:08 AM »

I don't think they'll make a sequel in the traditional sense. More of a "spiritual successor"- as BioShock was to System Shock. Just a new game in the "Shock" series.

I say this because Ken Levine is infallible.

[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: