Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:37:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332926 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Wild Arms 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Wild Arms 5  (Read 9379 times)
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 24, 2007, 12:08:29 PM »

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but who's going to get Wild Arms 5?  I'm debating on whether I'm going to get it right when it comes out or wait a little bit (I have a stack of other rpgs I need to get through first and now that I have persona 3 that will take a lot of my time)  

Anyway, I haven't really heard much about it except for previews.  Has anyone seen any reviews and were they good?  What do you guys think?

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:26:38 PM »

Looks good.  But I've only finished the first game.  Still need to play II, III, IV, and the remake of the first one though.

I will play WA5 in 11 years.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 04:25:14 PM »

I've beaten it a few days ago, and I've enjoyed it quite a lot. I've been a fan of the series since the first game though I disliked 2 and 3 personally. It really refined what 4 established. I'll save the details for later.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 07:27:22 PM »

I'd love to get it now, but it came at a bad time for me.  Had it come out during the summer, I would have been all over it.  However now, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Persona 3, and the new Civilization IV expansion pack all have higher priority in my book.

It's a shame since I loved WA4 and all accounts indicate that WA5 takes what was good about #4 and expands upon it.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 07:44:30 PM »

and the remake of the first one though.

remake's pretty terrible. Half of the magic is removed, the towns are massively downsized, it has quite a few text bugs (Not typos. Literally, the wrong text gets displayed and is garbled). Also the puzzles are worse although I can't remember exactly why. It's pretty but basically everything is smaller, lacking in personality, and... yeah.

Anyway, at that, did five get rid of the stupidly tiny towns, yet?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 07:45:48 PM »

It looks like V has a DQVIII-style overworld. That alone has me sold.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 12:25:27 AM »

........................ as much as I don't want to be money, same.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

MereMare

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 01:47:25 AM »

Pre-ordered months ago.  Now waiting to get it and start playing.

OBJECTION!
TSG

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 08:39:26 AM »

A full-length (not short, like Wild Arms 4) world-mapped millenium-puzzled Wild Arms packed with silly references and cameos and using the WA4 battle system which remains one of the most playable in recent times?

TSG WANT.

-- TSG
Staff Reviewer
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 10:53:58 AM »

Yeah, like most everyone here, I can't wait. I pretty much dig anything concerning the series, and this definately looks like a fantastic addition.

But man, it sure seems like it's been a while since the game was first announced. I remember back when everyone on these boards was raving about how awesome the main character's shovel weapon was. :P
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 12:37:34 AM »

I too can't wait for this, it looks like it takes the best new features added in the most recent game and re-merges it with the feel of the rest of the series and many of the first three installments' best features.

Looking forwards to next week.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 02:54:50 AM »

overworlds are over rated and often lead to frustration for me. as for me ill definately be picking this up since im clearly the only person on the planet that doesnt give a damn about bioshock so im pretty bored at the moment.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 03:08:19 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
as for me ill definately be picking this up since im clearly the only person on the planet that doesnt give a damn about bioshock so im pretty bored at the moment.

Usually those statements are an exaggeration, but in thise case it's probably accurate. Not that it matters, Bioshock is about the average length for an FPS-type game, or a bit above average, so Persona 3 and Metroid Prime 3 are more likely to shove WA5 aside than Bioshock.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 05:34:58 AM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
as for me ill definately be picking this up since im clearly the only person on the planet that doesnt give a damn about bioshock so im pretty bored at the moment.

Nah, you're not alone, I'm not too interested in Bioshock.  

Or Wild Arms 5, for that matter, lol.  Wild Arms is another one of those series, like Suikoden, where I really liked the first 1 or 2 installments, but afterward, the series moved in a direction that I wasn't impressed with.  WA1 was great, WA2 had that atrociously unattractive 3D graphics crap goin' on, and WA3 just screamed 'WTF' to me.  I got a little excited when Alter Code F rolled around the corner, but it was 'meh' at best for a remake of (what I considered) the best title in the series at the time.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 09:26:30 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
It looks like V has a DQVIII-style overworld. That alone has me sold.

Wait, you serious? Now I might have to look into it! I liked IV, but it's lack of overworld was one of the few things that got to me... I still haven't actually finished it (got up to the final boss and stopped).

I also liked WA2 a lot. I get tired of WA3, though, and haven't played WA1.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: