Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 06:49:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319792 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mother 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Mother 3  (Read 6337 times)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2006, 02:32:00 AM »

And the thread returns on the new board! This time, all the screen shots released thus far, have been condensed onto one post. Stay tuned for more updates by me every week, as they release.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 02:49:15 AM »

Fun fact: The names in that battle screen are "Flint" and "Boney"

For those that didn't know, Flint was the cowboy in the original EB64 game, and Boney his dog. Take that as you will.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 02:55:25 AM »

In Japan, they're releasing a Mother 3 Gameboy Micro set with a special Gameboy Micro with Mother 3 as the cover (not a faceplate), a Mother 3 game pack, AND a FRANKLIN BADGE!  I really want the Franklin Badge.  I don't need a Gameboy Micro though.  Maybe I'll just E-bay the badge!

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Vilnius
Rainbow Club Member

hitaroodako
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 04:32:14 AM »

Quote from: "Morridor"
In Japan, they're releasing a Mother 3 Gameboy Micro set with a special Gameboy Micro with Mother 3 as the cover (not a faceplate), a Mother 3 game pack, AND a FRANKLIN BADGE!  I really want the Franklin Badge.  I don't need a Gameboy Micro though.  Maybe I'll just E-bay the badge!

Danny

That little package would actually make me buy a Micro.  Too bad importing it would be way too expensive.

im gay
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 04:33:58 AM »

I'm probably just going to end up selling the Micro. I only want the game, and the Franklin Badge. :P

Blackjack

scott_790@msn.com HappiiyNeurotic scootermcgaffin
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 09:19:12 AM »

I love that they're using the scrolling HP meter again.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." -- Terry Pratchett
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 09:22:16 AM »

From a person who has never played a Mother/Earthbound game:
What's all the hype about? I've seen people on several messege boards go absolutely nuts over Mother 3, so would anyone care to enlighten me about what I've been missing out on?
Vilnius
Rainbow Club Member

hitaroodako
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 09:24:14 AM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
What's all the hype about? I've seen people on several messege boards go absolutely nuts over Mother 3, so would anyone care to enlighten me about what I've been missing out on?

Get your hands on Earthbound and play it, then you'll see.  It's goofy as hell.  The game is just so out there that it rules.

im gay
LHX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 10:54:54 AM »

and its damn intelligent

gave me some serious food for thought

kinda caught me off-guard with that shit coming from such a crazy game

i call bluffs
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 02:03:33 PM »

Its so weird and scary! I <3 it!

I seriously must be the only guy who after all these years still didnt beat Earthbound espite me playing it numberous times :(

Still only visited three sanctuaries...

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 03:06:58 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"

It is about American culture, and like others have said, goofy people, places, and things. They also throw in lots of funny comments, and occasional political commentary. Aside from that, it's like old school Dragon Quest.
Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 07:41:44 PM »

Quote from: "Miho"

It is about American culture, and like others have said, goofy people, places, and things. They also throw in lots of funny comments, and occasional political commentary. Aside from that, it's like old school Dragon Quest.

Heh...pretty much a spoof on Dragon Quest.  And, there is a lot of hype because its been on gamer's minds for some type.  I believe it was supposed to be released on N64 way back when, but never was.

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 11:53:14 PM »

Mother 3 is going to be like sex... without the incest.

It better see a stateside release.

Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 02:16:31 AM »

Quote from: "Dyne"
Heh...pretty much a spoof on Dragon Quest.  And, there is a lot of hype because its been on gamer's minds for some type.  I believe it was supposed to be released on N64 way back when, but never was.

It's funny that you say that, because while I was playing Dragon Quest VIII, I was noticing A LOT of similarities between Earthbound and Dragon Quest.  In all honesty, I don't think Earthbound spoofed Dragon Quest because the first Mother game was made for the NES way back when.  I know Dragon Quest did come before the Mother series, but there were distinct differences.  Some mechanics such as the description of the battle as it went on were probably taken from DQ, but Mother / Earthbound really is a completely different game.

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 02:29:00 AM »

Quote from: "Morridor"

It's funny that you say that, because while I was playing Dragon Quest VIII, I was noticing A LOT of similarities between Earthbound and Dragon Quest.  In all honesty, I don't think Earthbound spoofed Dragon Quest because the first Mother game was made for the NES way back when.  I know Dragon Quest did come before the Mother series, but there were distinct differences.  Some mechanics such as the description of the battle as it went on were probably taken from DQ, but Mother / Earthbound really is a completely different game.

Danny

Well, the only reason why I think its kind of a spoof of DQ is the fact that, well, the two games play extremely simmilar.  They both share the same system of menus.  You have to select the various options; "talk", "status", "search", ect. (just easier to navigate), and the battle system was exactly alike, except for the crack inspired backgrounds of Earthbound.  That combined with the fact Earthbound is pretty much a comedic game lead me to believe it was spoofing DQ.

But, anyways, it doesn't matter.  Still two great games in any right.

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: