Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 11:35:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338152 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  early preview of the original Lunar for Mega CD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: early preview of the original Lunar for Mega CD  (Read 3182 times)
AirRaid

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 31, 2006, 05:27:45 PM »

I'm sure someone remembers this.  

my question is, do these pictures seem different at all, from the final game released on Mega CD ~  Sega CD ?
James8BitStar

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 11:40:20 PM »

Well, I'm pretty sure you do not fight that skeletal dragon thing in a desert like that snapshot shows.  I also don't remember Alex petting Nall in the game.

Games often change as they're being made.  Heck, Lunar was originally intended to be a trilogy, with the first game being about the adventures of Dyne and co.  This, I guess, explains why The Silver Star seems so much like a sequel.
GhaleonOne

GhaleonOne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 11:51:14 PM »

Games often change as they're being made. Heck, Lunar was originally intended to be a trilogy, with the first game being about the adventures of Dyne and co. This, I guess, explains why The Silver Star seems so much like a sequel.

Correction: It was written as three seperate stories. They never intended to create the Four Heros story as a game prior to TSS. That's not to say they never planned to create a game based on it, but TSS was intended to be the first Lunar game released.

As for the pictures, this was posted on LunarNET as well, but for anyone that's interested, most of the pictures are definately not from the final game. The Black Dragon was in it's cave, and all of the first four pictures are different. Luna has blue hair in the final version, not brown. And as mentioned above, Alex wasn't in that pose either.

-G1
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 12:22:29 PM »

I don't remember that article, but I do remember a walkthough of Lunar II that was in, I think, EGM years and years and years ago.  Ah, the days when game magazines acytually bothered to play the games they review.

OH SHIT HALO IS AWESOME TWELVE GOLD STARS.

Why is it awesome?

ITS HALO OH SHIT ITS MEGAZORD RAWR.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 12:27:20 PM »

Don't look now, game mags never did fully play games they review. Common practice.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 02:26:16 PM »

Hehe, it said harder than any other quest before.  I wonder if among the other changes the difficulty was toned down too. :p

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 09:44:52 AM »

Yup, I remember that. All the pics of Lunar are what got me so psyched up about the sega cd. I enjoyed the game tremendously, so I don't really care whether what they showed was in the game or not. Not so sure about the difficulty thing either, as the game was no where near easy.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: