Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 11:11:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329792 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Heroes discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Heroes discussion  (Read 9548 times)
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2007, 02:24:27 PM »

This week's  episode was awesome.

The ending made me go Damn WTF, that was Awesome.
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2007, 03:25:16 PM »

The only real problem I have so far with this series is the repetition of powers.
Code:
Having Matt come up to the same level as his father negates the point of Eden's and Candice's powers in the first place. I know they're both dead now, but he's become too powerful.

I don't see the point of Nathan AND West. Or West at all, for that matter!

Monica... Hmm, wasn't there a waitress in the last season with enhanced memory?

As for Adam and Claire? Kinda makes last season pointless. "Save the cheerleader, save the World"? Well, yeah, but only as long as the homicidal, 400-yr-old maniac is safe from Sylar, too.

On another note,
Code:
I'm glad to see that Alejandro is only credited as a recurring role, not a star, unlike Maya. Can't wait to see how Sylar deals with him!!

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2007, 05:12:17 PM »

I agree - this week's was another great episode, with an AWESOME ending.  Hiro's part was really really good, too.  Makes me sad the writers' strike will cut us off at the end of this story.

I don't like the repetition of powers either - it seems to me after this episode that the only reason for West to be a flier is so that they could set up the line where
Code:
Claire's mom says that girls go after guys like their dads, and her adopted dad could ask "because he can fly?"  Which is a stupid reason to have had him.

I have to disagree with you on one, though...
Code:
even though it's derivative, Monica has a different kind of super-memory than Charlie.  Charlie could remember anything she read, Monica can do anything she sees done.  So for example, if Monica saw someone speak Japanese, she wouldn't learn Japanese from it, and if Charlie read about how to do some fancy figure-skating move, she wouldn't learn how to do that.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2007, 10:18:20 PM »

Note: All coded text is end of season spoilers, and rather major spoilers at that.

And as quickly as Heroes returned itself to it's former glory, so it falls back into oblivion. The end of the Adam storyline was, to put it in the only appropriate way, shit. It was boring and uninspired, and I expected more from the writers. The Claire storyline was left completely unresolved, further crapifying the episode. The only really good (decent?) part was the
Code:
assassination
at the end. I'm going to go on record saying that
Code:
Peter did it. The back of the character who walked away looked too much life Peter, and it's entirely feasible.

But on the whole, the finale sucked, left WAY too much open, and simply didn't do enough to keep my interest in the show. That doesn't mean I won't be watching it in "2008" (a euphemism for "we don't think the strike will end soon enough for a second season this year becomes feasible"), but they'll have to dig themselves out of a huge ditch, again.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2007, 01:02:51 PM »

Yeah, I felt pretty much the same way.  I realize that it's kind of because they had to make some changes to make it the season finale, but sad just the same.  I'll keep watching next season, but it'd better be like the awesome episodes, and not like the bad ones.

Code:
It'd be interesting if you were right about Peter.  He can travel through time, after all, and something that happens during the next season may make him realize that he has to do that.

I was a little surprised that Hiro did something quite that dark to Adam.  He could have just frozen time, cut off his head, and Adam's dead.  Instead, it's "fate worse than death" time.  Of course, can Adam survive even when there's no oxygen?  Or would he suffocate after a while and only heal if he were dug up?  Or maybe just remain in some kind of almost dead state in the grave?  I'm sure we'll find out.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2007, 07:29:06 AM »

I thought I'd change the the title as season 2 has now technically ended...

Well, Volume 2, at least!

Speaking of which, my closing thoughts on 'Generations'? Nice wind up, giving a very nice cliffhanger.

I dunno about
Code:
the identity of the assassin. I think they want you to believe it's HRG, but something's telling me it's a future Peter, or maybe even a character we haven't been introduced to yet. To be honest, I don't think Nathan's dead yet, though.

Onto Vol. 3, then:

Clickity-click

That's the extended trailer that was exclusivly shown at the Jules Verne Adventure Film Festival.

Soooooo...

Code:
Sylar and Angela Petrelli in cahoots, eh?

Who'da thunk it?

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2008, 01:42:36 PM »

Quote from: "Tooker"

Code:
I was a little surprised that Hiro did something quite that dark to Adam.  He could have just frozen time, cut off his head, and Adam's dead.  Instead, it's "fate worse than death" time.  Of course, can Adam survive even when there's no oxygen?  Or would he suffocate after a while and only heal if he were dug up?  Or maybe just remain in some kind of almost dead state in the grave?  I'm sure we'll find out.
Code:
Maybe it's so that someone can get him out of there and Sylar can get his brain. Talking of which, I think Sylar's going to get Matt's dad's power and then they won't ever be able to find him.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: