Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:21:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334822 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Heroes discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Heroes discussion  (Read 9697 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 06:01:04 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
Quote from: "Lard"
I liked the lack of Claire, I'm really getting sick of her.

After her second appearance in season one, this is what ran through my head.

Kill her off. Make the series excellent.

Micah's cousin's (that's her name, amirite?) power is a little weird. So if, like, she watched Rambo, could she become immune to bullets?

No. Her power is that her muscles remember movements that she sees. If she were to watch the Red Sox she could pitch like Josh Beckett. It doesn't mean she could make herself nearly invincible to bullets like Rambo, but she could make her neck muscles stick out like him when he is screaming.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 03:36:55 PM »

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone else noticed the amount of Biblical/famous Christian names being used throughout the series? So far we've had:

Peter
Gabriel (Sylar)
Micah
Noah (HRG)
Matt(hew)
Angela (Petrelli)
Isaac
Joan of Arc (from the 7th Wonders comic that Micah shows Monica to explain her powers)

I'm sure there are probably more that I'm missing, too...

Anyways, just something I'd noticed.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 08:47:43 PM »

So if, like, she watched Rambo, could she become immune to bullets?

HAHAHA!  Awesome.  No, but if she watched Karate Kid, she'd learn how to wax a car...

Dagger - based on something he said, I think Micah thinks of his power as being able to "fix" things.  He knows it works on electronics, and was trying to use it to make her feel better.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2007, 09:05:32 AM »

Quote from: "Tooker"
So if, like, she watched Rambo, could she become immune to bullets?

HAHAHA!  Awesome.  No, but if she watched Karate Kid, she'd learn how to wax a car...

Dagger - based on something he said, I think Micah thinks of his power as being able to "fix" things.  He knows it works on electronics, and was trying to use it to make her feel better.

That makes sense. I honestly think there was more to it than that, though. I can't shake the feeling. I guess we will see soon enough.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2007, 03:17:02 PM »

IGN posted a story that the December will (possibly) have the season finale because of the writer's strike.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2007, 08:43:03 PM »

Quote from: "Lard"
IGN posted a story that the December will (possibly) have the season finale because of the writer's strike.

Yeah. They reshot (or reshooting) the December 3rd episode for it. That was supposed to be the end of the "Generations" story line, but it looks like it may be the end of the season. Fuck the writers strike.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2007, 10:14:13 PM »

Heroes is BACK! The past few episodes were, to put it bluntly, crap, but the plot twist at the end of this episode was fantastic. It does look like they are accelerating the season in case of the strike, which would be a bummer, but it could be better for the show instead of having everything long and drawn out a la Lost. That's not to say I want a strike, but I am glad that Heroes is back.

Code:
I was taken largely by surprise when Adam turned out to be Takezo. I mean, I wondered about whether or not he actually died in the fire, but the show moved on and so did I. The combination of the virus, the paintings, and Adam makes for a very compelling season with plenty of questions to be answered.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2007, 12:03:37 PM »

I agree - last night's episode was great.  I loved the fact that several story lines got wrapped up (or at least moved to the next chapter).

The way I understand things, they didn't actually accelerate the season - just reshot the 12/3 episode so it could be a season ending.  Unlike last season, where the whole season was one long story, "Volume 1," this season was planned to be two or three (I think two) shorter volumes, so if things don't get resolved with the writers' strike, they'll just end the season at the end of Volume 2 (the one we're in right now).  Sad but serendipitous (or insanely good planning).

Code:
Matt stopped his dad and rescued Molly, Peter got at least some of his memory back... Is that his mom's power?  It definitely seemed to come from her.  I always wanted her to not have a power, but several things that have been said this season lead me to think she does.  It was sad that Pete's girlfriend got trapped in the future, though. :(

Let's see... Hiro came home and the whole "is he Kensei or not" got resolved.  (For anyone who is reading this and didn't see it, the answer is basically yes.  He either did what Kensei in the legends did himself or was the only reason that the brit did them, so the girl said he was truly Kensei.)

Claire lost her boyfriend (yeah!), the virus got out, and we found out that Adam was the original Kensei, who's still alive after all this time.  Since there were at least rumors before the season began about a character who's been around for hundreds of years, I think most people saw him as an extremely likely candidate for that role, and also likely to be the killer, so it wasn't shocking (to me) when those turned out to be the case, but it was nice to have the whole question resolved.  Interesting to see that his perception of Hiro's actions way way back then was probably the motivation for his actions now...

—Kurt Vonnegut
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2007, 06:20:54 PM »

Ain't It Cool News reported during their Writers' Strike coverage that Tim Kring refused to write a season ending for the Dec. 3rd episode and is "now off Heroes." No, not permanently. :P

There was going to be a two-piece arc to this story. The current piece, "Generations", will end on Dec. 3rd, but it will probably have a tie-in for a nonexistent second half of the season. In addition, the spin-off series "Origins" is on indefinite hiatus.

Heroes is cut short; Jack Bauer now stars in "8"; no Stewart, Colbert, Leno, Letterman, Conan; no Terminator (may not be a bad thing, heh); The Office is closed; South Park....

Fucking strike.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2007, 12:49:49 AM »

Yeah, mondays episode was great.

One thing I was worried about when last season ended was having nowhere to go with the characters who mostly got a lot of closure in season 1. But they've all had stuff going so it's been a good season so far.

The exception to this being Nikki. Her being there just feels really forced. She ended season one in control so why is she checking in psycho now? Ignoring that plothole how does she go from patient to spy as Mohinder's partner? Hopefully it's just a sloppy start and they have something planned for her.(She said Bob killed DL when Matt's dad was in her head, hopefully he did and that wasn't just part of the illusion)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2007, 10:24:33 AM »

Quote from: "Raze"
(She said Bob killed DL when Matt's dad was in her head, hopefully he did and that wasn't just part of the illusion)

Nope - Linderman shot him at the end of last season, and he died from that.  I actually liked him better than her, so I was sad about that.

Did you guys see this interview?  Tim Kring basically said "I'm sorry" about the parts of this season that haven't been as good as last season.
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

—Kurt Vonnegut
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2007, 01:13:13 AM »

Nope - Linderman shot him at the end of last season, and he died from that.

It's a assumption that he died from that. Granted, it's a pretty good assumption. But at the same time games, tv, movies and books have all taught me not to trust a death scene unless you see it firsthand because they just love to go back on them.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2007, 11:00:27 AM »

Quote from: "Dave"
Ain't It Cool News reported during their Writers' Strike coverage that Tim Kring refused to write a season ending for the Dec. 3rd episode and is "now off Heroes." No, not permanently. :P

There was going to be a two-piece arc to this story. The current piece, "Generations", will end on Dec. 3rd, but it will probably have a tie-in for a nonexistent second half of the season. In addition, the spin-off series "Origins" is on indefinite hiatus.

Heroes is cut short; Jack Bauer now stars in "8"; no Stewart, Colbert, Leno, Letterman, Conan; no Terminator (may not be a bad thing, heh); The Office is closed; South Park....

Fucking strike.

They updated soon after that post and said that it isn't true. It is being wrapped up as the end of season. It was the post right after the one where you got your info.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2007, 10:51:03 PM »

Quote from: "Raze"
It's a assumption that he died from that.

Good point, but I thought it was pretty clear this week that Matt's dad was just showing her anything that'd make her kill Bob.

This week shows us the four months between the seasons, so hopefully there'll be some clarification there.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2007, 09:27:32 AM »

Wow - this week was really informative!  We found out for sure the answer to what we were just talking about here and everything.  I thought it was a great episode, along the lines of last season's "five years later" thing, although not QUITE as great as that one was.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: