Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 09:59:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338012 Posts in 13839 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Whos getting Final fantasy tactics: the lion war???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Whos getting Final fantasy tactics: the lion war???  (Read 8670 times)
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2007, 08:17:56 PM »

I just bought a Psp for this game cause its one of the best games ive ever played and now with two new jobs and a good translations is a must get!!! ive played the gameboy advanced version and is not nearly as good as the original FFT althought i might be very biased about this one...

(dunno if someone already posted this thread, but hell we are 13 days for the release and im sooooo excited!!)

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 08:33:03 PM »

Er, the English-language release isn't slated until October 9.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 08:44:23 PM »

I could only wish it came out on my birthday.

And I made a topic about a preview noting the slowdown was fixed but it seems people only wanna post if it's getting fucked up. Maybe I should've said they were changing many of the names instead!
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 09:52:04 PM »

well i guess there arent many FFT aficionados out there... i`m gonna own this game twice heh... my Ps1 version and this PSP... im about to explode on happiness...

Eusis: yeah i saw your post some days ago... i dont like the new change of names... (OMG!!) hokuten = order of northen stars???? (just what the fuck...)
but if i finally can get to understand the game i will be pretty happy... i just wish they maded the game harder and longer...

Keeperx: ermmm HOLY SHIT... i thought we were in September... you just ruined my dreams....

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 09:59:31 PM »

We ARE in September - September 1st to be exact. If you were off by a month it'd be 8 days. Or 9 if John just listed the shipping date.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 09:59:46 PM »

Quote from: "macirex"
well i guess there arent many FFT aficionados out there... i`m gonna own this game twice heh... my Ps1 version and this PSP... im about to explode on happiness...

Eusis: yeah i saw your post some days ago... i dont like the new change of names... (OMG!!) hokuten = order of northen stars???? (just what the fuck...)
but if i finally can get to understand the game i will be pretty happy... i just wish they maded the game harder and longer...

Keeperx: ermmm HOLY SHIT... i thought we were in September... you just ruined my dreams....

wtf...

take your ritalin, child.

macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 10:04:08 PM »

i guess you cant get overexcited with some game cause somebody comes and bash you... oh well shit do happens...

maverick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 12:31:04 AM »

I'm looking forward to it and will buy it no matter what. FFT is one of my favorite games of all time and even just a little added extra will entice me enough to play it. Besides I want to play it again so that I could decide which is better, this or Tactics Ogre.

Um I haven't been keeping up with the added extra though, can anyone fill me in on that? I remember seeing that Balthier will be in this game. Thanks.

"To be honest your logic reeks more of a drunk man...but calling you drunk would be a compliment because that would mean one day you could awaken from this state of ignorance."
- Originally Posted by Younggrease
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 12:36:16 AM »

Yeah I'm getting FFT for PSP, Tactics is one of my favourite SRPG games ever. I used to play that game for hours.

But it's still like a month away and at the moment I'm playing Jeanne d'Arc, which is surprisingly awesome.
The PSP sure gets enough SRPG love, Jeanne d'Arc, FFT and Disgaea soon. I'm just wishing for another Tactics Ogre game, hell even Battle Ogre would be awesome too.
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 08:55:02 AM »

well im happy its getting his share of tacticals rpg... after this release i expect SE to release the front mission saga in the machine... is alos a long time favorite of mine

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 11:28:23 AM »

I might pick it up if I choose to grab a PSP instead of a DS.

I basically get to choose one or the other, since I don't wanna have to many machines and whatnot.  Havn't decided which yet though, and Ive still got bills to pay off and all that jazz.

I did love the PS1 incarnation, but its been ages since ive played it, so I honestly don't even know how much of the story went, save for snippets from my memory.  I only rented it so *shrug*.

I still enjoyed it though, and hopefully this redate (remake/update) or whatever its considered is good, for all the fans and such.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 11:55:26 AM »

I'm really hoping that my roommate buys it so I don't have to. She likes tactics games (she loved FFTA), but she seems sort of luke warm on this one. I beat this a long time ago and I don't really know if I care to play through it again so I'm hard pressed to spend money on it, so I'm trying to avoid having to buy it for myself. It's awesome that they fixed the slowdown and are adding 2 new classes (1 really, since Onion Knight is stupid).

Although, in order for me to be really psyched they would have fix some of the broken game play mechanics (magic is useless, some of the missions are broken, lots of lousy classes). Still, it might be fun to run through it again and try not using ninjas and lancers this time.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 10:48:30 PM »

I already have the PSX one. I know it has a retranslation, Balthier, and two new classes, but that's two freaking classes, Balthier makes no sense in the game, and I don't really find the story interesting enough to have interest in the retranslation.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 07:59:15 AM »

Quote from: "macirex"
i guess you cant get overexcited with some game cause somebody comes and bash you... oh well shit do happens...

Yeah. Generally, getting "over" excited (emphasis being on the OVER) is grounds for people to, rightly, put you in your place. It's okay, I went nuts over Xenosaga III, and though I still stand by the game, the first few days after I beat it ppl were like "dude calm the hell down"

Ramza

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 07:47:49 AM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
I might pick it up if I choose to grab a PSP instead of a DS.

As someone who owns both, I have to say that if you're into RPGs, you're probably better off with a PSP.  There is some OK stuff on the DS, but I feel like there's just more out there for the PSP.

I'm looking forward to this game.  I loved FFTA, so I went and bought FFT... but never had the time to play past the second or third mission.  Having played the second game first actually threw me off because of some of the changes.  For example, in FFTA, you can teach your people new moves by having them hold certain equipment in battles.  In FFT, I couldn't figure out how to teach my people new moves.  Maybe it would have been more apparent to me later on in the game.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: