Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 03:03:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  So, ummmm... anyone here playing PS3 games?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: So, ummmm... anyone here playing PS3 games?  (Read 4484 times)
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 05:40:18 AM »

I will *eventually* buy a PS3 when Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Silent Hill 5 roll around.  I also lack an HDTV right now, which is pretty necessary to get the most out of the next generation consoles.

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 10:31:39 PM »

I've got a PS3 and I use it for Resistance and my PS2 games (except for Guitar Hero). The thing that I really like about it is the upscaling on PS2 games. They look quite good on the PS3. And Miho, return Lair. To quote GameSpot's review (the first sentence no less): "You shouldn't play Lair. Not unless you have some morbid interest in experiencing what is quite possibly one of the worst control schemes ever devised."
phan1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 11:47:58 PM »

Don't get me wrong.  With the deal I got, a $250 PS3 is definitely worth it just for a Blue-Ray player, MGS4, and FFXIII.  But in comparison to other systems, PS3 looks almost non-existent.  Even 360 was able to churn out GofW in its second year for the holiday season. PS3 has absolutely no system sellers for fall 2007.  NONE.  I'm just hoping TGS gives me a reason why PS3 should stick around with the other 2.  I'm pretty much holding on to the expectation that PS3 will be the system for next-gen JRPGs.
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 08:38:56 AM »

I play my PS3 everyday, but I'm mostly playing racers on it (like MotorStorm, Ridge Racer 7, and Formula One: CE), Fighters (Tekken 5 DR and VF5 espexially), games online (like Warhawk and Resistance), or the Hots Golf 5 Japanese demo.  Just got DW Gundam and can't wait to play it.

I have Enchanted Arms on PS3, but I got it cheap.  I wasn't expecting RPGs on my PS3 until 2008.  Folklore is somewhat an RPG and the demo rocks IMO, so I'll definitely be buying that later this year.  I'm definitely excited for White Knight Story (most wanted next gen game).
Jylan

No place to run Coward!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 01:20:29 PM »

In November of 06 I was at Best Buy with a buddy of mine, shopping for a laptop for his wife. One of the employees brought out a case of PS3's. Without thinking I grabbed one, envisioning myself selling it for a huge profit on Ebay or being one of the lucky few to play it.

I returned it a week later, got a 360, an extended warranty, and two games for a cheaper price then the PS3 and a single game.

Until Sony can release some quality games unique to the PS3, I will not be purchasing one.

My multi-boxing World of Warcraft blog.

araydendj.blogspot.com
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 03:37:50 PM »

Quote from: "phan1"
Even 360 was able to churn out GofW in its second year for the holiday season. PS3 has absolutely no system sellers for fall 2007.  NONE.

Haze?

Heavenly Sword?

Uncharted?

Ratchet & Clank?

Uncharted and Ratchet are from developers whose games sold in the millions for the PS2; Heavenly Sword may turn out worse than many expected, but it's still a hyped title, and Haze is actually looking to be pretty fantastic.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 11:25:12 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

Sony's almost given up in the US, yet Japan keeps getting great update after great update. It's just frustrating as hell.

Heh, you think it's bad over there, you should see what us Europeans get stuck with.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

No PS3 yet for me.  Got a Wii and a 360... but my 360 just got the RRoD last weekend. :(

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 12:39:05 PM »

IŽd really want to play a PS3... but with that cost and the lack of a HDTV how am i supposed to enjoy the thing... i guess i will need to wait... hopefully i get one when FFXIII is released...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 03:42:20 PM »

I also feel the need to make the standard European complaint; I can't even play my PS2 games on the PS3! Which is a bit annoying, really.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 09:59:55 AM »

I'm looking forward to Uncharted, Folklore and Assassin's Creed.

Not sorry I bought a 60 gig at all.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 01:59:52 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
I also feel the need to make the standard European complaint; I can't even play my PS2 games on the PS3! Which is a bit annoying, really.

I thought they said that ~1K PS2 titles would be playable on the PS3 in Europe?

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: