Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 12:00:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318967 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Star Ocean 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Star Ocean 4  (Read 15479 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2007, 12:47:50 PM »

From IGN:

"Yes, ship. Star Ocean 4 will, expectedly, continue the same space theme of past entries. Players have their own ship this time around and can travel freely through the stars, landing and exploring as they like. The game will feature a large number of planets, although Kojima noted that players will be able to land their ship in places that aren't really properly formed planets."

just posting random info as i find it

http://www.eternalsphere.com/index.html

i think TGS is gonna be epic compared to the borefest that was E3 this year.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Crown Clown

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2007, 01:53:17 PM »

Well, it's looks like I got what I wanted. I hope that they really pull it off. TGS really is starting to shape up.

Somehow this site really gets me exited for what's to come.

I will find you. Without fail.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2007, 04:33:52 PM »

Damn. Nice. They might as well make pendant pieces out of the symbols that back the title logos. I'd wear one.

I hope they make an official reprint SO2's soundtrack. Resorting to bootleg merch makes me feel dirty.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2007, 10:27:51 AM »

Dude... I'm sad.  Tri-Ace?  Lazy?  

I've put about 100 hours into Star Ocean 2...and call me crazy, but they fucken painted over the SO2 sprites to make these guys (ESPECIALLY the pink hair girl, she is a Rena clone for sure)

And, my three cents, this new artist sucks for the series.

Though it does look familiar...

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2007, 01:52:06 PM »

Your links are busted, mate, please fix em, cause I'm about to shit myself in anger as TRI-ACE STILL OWE ME FUCKIN TGS UPDATES.

*Screams at some burritos.*

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2007, 03:14:45 PM »

Those links are for screens of the PSP Star Ocean 1 remake.  I used right-click and copy-pasted the URLs into my browser.  

Supposedly, they're using a version of SO2's battle engine for it.  The sprites look fine to me; like the character art on the OST box.  But the anime art looks a lot like Galaxy Express 999 art; not bad, but rather bland.  

If this comes out in the US, it'll be an "it's about time!" because fans have been clamoring for the first Star Ocean installment in the US.  I'm sure it'll be localized better than the half-assed Tales of Phantasia GBA port we got back a year or few ago.

I approve of this nonsense!
Crown Clown

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2007, 03:51:40 PM »

I'm kinda confused. Why aren't there any kind of information for either SO2 or SO4 on the site yet? Or rather, as Losfer so eloquently put it, where are the updates? Last time I checked, TGS was OVER.

I will find you. Without fail.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2007, 06:59:25 PM »

Quote from: "macirex"

That's false BTW, Famitsu does not mention a platform and Choboco's Dungeon for Nintendo DS doesn't exist.

The only thing that was leaked about SO4 were 2 pictures, we got more than that from Famitsu a few weeks ago. Here's one of them:

Quote from: "Crown Clown"
I'm kinda confused. Why aren't there any kind of information for either SO2 or SO4 on the site yet? Or rather, as Losfer so eloquently put it, where are the updates? Last time I checked, TGS was OVER.
Only SO:FD was playable, there were trailers for all three games as well but S-E is releasing all their trailers slowly and probably won't release them all (as usual). FFIV was leaked, they've only officially released DQIV and Chocobo's Dungeon Wii trailers so far. Information wise there wasn't much to tell about SO4, tri-Ace seems focused on finishing Infinite Undiscovery first. But this is what the trailer gave away:
-Takes place before SO1 in the prior year 0010
-That boy and girl appears
-Price, release date, and platform are still undecided
-Quality seems high, so either PS3 or 360
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2007, 10:24:05 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
Those links are for screens of the PSP Star Ocean 1 remake.  I used right-click and copy-pasted the URLs into my browser.

Oh bollox, I saw those ages ago.  :(

Anyway, game takes place BEFORE SO1 does it?  LAFFO COP OUT.  I want a continuation of the nonsense from the third game.  :(((

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2007, 03:15:17 PM »

A prequel?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2007, 04:31:44 PM »

Haha, I was wondering how they were going to flow with the ending of the third game.  x)

Ah well, Tri-Ace hasn't disappointed me yet (aside from a love-hate relationship I have with Radiata).  So I say cool.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: