Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 04:28:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334701 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Ideas for Ds games?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ideas for Ds games?  (Read 1937 times)
Gourry25

Gourrygab21
View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 08, 2007, 10:04:20 PM »

I think this is the best place for this question:

I'm looking to get a Ds game and need to run some games by my mom who will pick up one for me tommorw during the day.

i jhvae written down so far:

Luminous Arc
Yu-Gi-oh WC 2007
Children of Mana
FullMetal Alchmeist trading card game
Super Mario Kart(still do not have it)

I'm looking for rpg, adventure or even ation type games that are out now.

just so no one says a game i already have here is what I do have

Mega Man Star force: Leo
Mega Man ZX
Metroid Prime Hunters
Pokemon Pearl
Sonic Rush
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Advanced Wars: Dual Strike
Star Fox Command
FMA Dual Symphony
Lunar Knights

My brother has the mario games save for 2 of them and the Kirby game, so any ideas would be great.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 10:17:39 PM »

... It took me awhile to register Ds as DS. Anyways. I'd check Game Rankings if I were you, but I'd say Mario Kart DS the best one there. Luminous Arc is apparently a fairly average TRPG that is probably very easily skippable if you're not a freak for the genre, no comment Yu Gi Oh, would've said it was certainly shit but it got a 70-ish on GameRankings, CoM is considered pretty bad, and I'm not bothering to look for FMA since a license based video card game is almost certainly a rotten idea.

You may want to look into Contact, but I'd suggest checking out reviews and seeing if it sounds like your thing, and Heroes of Mana is kinda overpriced if you ask me but it's apparently a competent game and more recommendable than Children is.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 12:00:09 AM »

I must be starting to sound like a fanboy (which I am) by now, but BUY RUNE FACTORY. NOW.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 12:37:11 AM »

MUST HAVE:

Kirby's Canvas Curse - easily the best use of DS hardware to date. It's a game that uses the DSs unique features to practically spawn a new genre. It's been called the most revolutionary platformer since Super Mario Bros. and I'm not going to argue with that. A lot of fun. The new Kirby game "Squeek Squad" is supposed to be okay, but it's nothing compared to CC.

I also highly recommend Phoenix Wright. I just finished it recently, and it's a wonderful game... Not too sure, yet, about "Justice for All" (the sequel), but at least pick up the first.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Gourry25

Gourrygab21
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 12:38:00 AM »

Quote from: "Lord Scottish"
I must be starting to sound like a fanboy (which I am) by now, but BUY RUNE FACTORY. NOW.

how much is it like Harvest Moon though? Because i hate to say this but Harvest moon games do not interest me much.

hoping for an rpg style or a goof wi-fi game, though a game like Sonic rush would not be bad. its tough to say.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 01:25:24 PM »

Well, if you don't like HM then I can't unequivocably recommend RC for you. The dungeon crawling is a lot of fun, but there's still a pretty heavy emphasis on farming - in fact, you can't enter the dungeons without doing a fair bit of farming first.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 10:31:16 AM »

Hotel Dusk

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 01:19:17 PM »

Quote from: "Lard"
Hotel Dusk

Good game, my only issue with it is that the scenery never changes. If you're prepared to play a text-heavy adventure that takes place in basically 8 rooms, most of which look the same, then it's a great one. I'm a big Noir buff, so I really dug it, but I also got bored with the adventure aspect of it after a while. I find myself liking Phoenix Wright better, just because you're not always visiting the same people in the same places over and over again. The two are comparable, although Hotel Dusk is pretty serious, where as Phoenix is very tounge-and-cheek anime.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 01:35:44 PM »

Of the games you listed originally, you just can't go wrong with Mario Kart.  I also played a game called Lost Magic that was pretty decent (it got a 90% here, so the reviewer liked it better than I did) if you like strategy games.

I didn't care to play Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, but it also got good reviews here and elsewhere.

Of course, this may all be too late to matter now... :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 03:29:00 PM »

Sudoku.

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 04:52:27 PM »

Quote from: "Tooker"
I also played a game called Lost Magic that was pretty decent (it got a 90% here, so the reviewer liked it better than I did) if you like strategy games.

Also if you're good at them. Put it this way: Lostmagic makes Fire Emblem games look easy. Which isn't easy to manage.

Final Fantasy 3 is about the only decent "proper" rpg for the ds. Only three things wrong with it: 1) to get the extras you need loads of friend codes (though theyre all pointless) 2) its too short 3) the last boss is nigh on impossible.

Oh and if you liked Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow get Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. It's basically much the same but without any annoying teenagers from 2030s Japan.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 09:40:23 PM »

I should jump off a cliff for forgetting to mention my other favorite DS game: Izuna.

Which some people fucking hate, so make sure it's your kinda game before you buy it.
Gourry25

Gourrygab21
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 11:28:15 PM »

I was wondering about that game. I kept hearing mixed things about it on several places but I wanted someone who has played the game give me some better ideas on it. Is Izuna a fun game to play, its currently on my game wish list as a undecided game I just forget completely to ask about it.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 12:27:11 PM »

Quote from: Prime Mover
Quote from: "Lard"
Hotel Dusk

Good game, my only issue with it is that the scenery never changes.

Yeah, but I dug the art style.

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
If you're prepared to play a text-heavy adventure that takes place in basically 8 rooms, most of which look the same, then it's a great one. I'm a big Noir buff, so I really dug it, but I also got bored with the adventure aspect of it after a while. I find myself liking Phoenix Wright better, just because you're not always visiting the same people in the same places over and over again. The two are comparable, although Hotel Dusk is pretty serious, where as Phoenix is very tounge-and-cheek anime.

Haven't had a chance to play Phoenix Wright yet. I liked the fairly serious tone of Hotel Dusk.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: