Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 10:05:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334535 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Kingdom Hearts II
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts II  (Read 6738 times)
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2006, 04:02:50 AM »

I know there will be a thread about this eventually  (especially seeing as how it releases this month), so here's the thread.

I don't really know what else to say but start talking!  I know you all will find something to talk about.  The summons maybe?  Possible worlds that you would have liked to see in it?  Whether or not you like Sanctuary or Passion better?  Go for it!

I liked Passion a lot better by the way.

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 04:20:27 AM »

You can see what I thought of it here.

Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:53:31 AM »

It's hard to judge Sanctuary without hearing the whole song. From the snippet in the commercial, I'm not impressed with Sanctuary and I still listen to Passion on a daily basis. :) I watched a couple of those MTV interviews and the voices seem decently good so far.

I'll likely pick up a copy when it comes out, but with Suikoden V (possibly) arriving at the same time, Suikoden V will be played and finished completely before I start on KH2.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 10:59:16 AM »

I'll get it when it hits $20 just to see how the story finishes up. I'm not a big fan.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 12:16:33 PM »

I'm a big RPG fan and a Disney fan so the game is right up my alley.  Despite some problems with the camera,  I really liked the first game.  I even did extra stuff which I normally skip.  So heck yeah, I'm buying this game when it comes out.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 12:30:36 PM »

I'm going to buy this game the day it comes out...but for some reason I just can't get excited for it. It's been too damn long coming and I'm just not interested in tearing it open and playing it for 24 hours straight (unemployed still).

I'll end up splitting the cost with the girlfriend and she can blaze through it, so when I get burnt out on whatever MMO I am playing at the time I can just pick it up and be happy.

Squeenix took too long to get this game out and I kinda think it might hurt them. Hype can only do so much.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 12:40:58 PM »

Nan is all about this game. I'll buy it for her as soon as it is available. First one was fun.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 06:28:27 PM »

I may wait. I'm pretty excited, but I lack the funds to buy it right away with all of the games coming out. I'm sure it will drop in price soon.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 06:40:12 PM »

I've already got Kingdom Hearts 2 pre-ordered and paid for since a long time back. I'm really glad to hear that Squeenix have worked hard to fix the three big shortcomings of the first game - the Gummi Ship, the camera and the somewhat repetetive battle system. As I enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts even with these flaws, I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with the sequel. The screenshots that have been released look awesome - I can't wait to play the Steamboat Willie level.

As for the question asked in the first post (Passion vs Sanctuary), I have to say that I like Passion better. Can't say that I think any of them is fantastic though - really don't see what's so great about Utada Hikaru in the first place.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 06:40:46 PM »

Quote from: "Dade The Ass McLaren"
Squeenix took too long to get this game out and I kinda think it might hurt them. Hype can only do so much.

I thought so as well, Dade. The funny thing is that Kingdom Hearts II sold even more copies in Japan than the original game, surpassing the one million sales mark in a matter of weeks. So it looks like their strategy worked, at least in Japan.

Since they probably have earmarked a much bigger marketing budget for this game than for Grandia III, Drakengard 2 or Front Mission 5, Kingdom Hearts II will probably sell like hot cakes in the US as well. Not to mention that the other upcoming RPG releases, like Shadow Hearts From the New World will for better or worse have a hard time competiting with a game of such a high brand recognition (not only the Kingdom Hearts brand per se, but also the entire Final Fantasy meets Disney thing).
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 07:33:02 PM »

I've seen quite a few videos from random websites, and it seems to be pretty impressive. So yeah, I'm pretty excited.

I don't really feel like playing Chain of Memories to catch up with the story though....
Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 07:36:22 PM »

I may pick this up, I never played through the first one, I basically watched my cousin play through it. There are other things I'll buy fist. It does look pretty though.

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 09:56:27 PM »

Quote from: "Dade The Ass McLaren"

I've noticed that Squeenix, as well as a lot of companies, are announcing their games way too early.  When was the first time you heard about Final Fantasy XII?  That game has been in development for so long that its' hype has decreased a lot.  Kingdom Hearts II hasn't taken as long as FFXII, but it's still been a while.  Some of the hype has gone down.  Twilight Princess was announced way too early.  Final Fantasy III DS seems to be announced a little early.  A lot of people announce things at E3 that they really should wait on.  I find it kind of sad actually, because then the game gets forgot.

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 10:02:31 PM »

Meh. The marketing's more important for that then when it's announced; the hardcore that follow it may temporarily forget, but will wind up remembering when it comes out, and the marketting will make sure everyone else knows.
Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 01:17:33 AM »

Ooooo...can't wait.  Of course, I will probably not get this the day it comes out (like I do with most RPGs).  I kinda have a lack of funds, what with all the great titles being released this year.  I might get it as an Easter gift, since I will have $0 when Suikoden V is bought...

Anyways...Kingdom Hearts II = Huzza!!

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »