Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 06:31:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334702 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Crisis Core ... and more FF7 PS3 talk...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Crisis Core ... and more FF7 PS3 talk...  (Read 2336 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: September 17, 2007, 03:08:46 AM »

http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2007/09/final-fantasy-vii-remake-confirmed-in.html

Yeah, I wouldn't call it "confirmed," but it is certainly interesting. I mean, when Baten Kaitos Origins ends, it says "to be continued in Baten Kaitos" (which was already out). But then, those games came out around the same time. AND, if these reports are true, they're using the PS3 tech demo footage as the bonus ending.

But it could all be a hoax, too.

Whatever the case, the buzz about FF7 for PS3 continues.

Anyone here played around with Crisis Core yet? I'd like to.

Ramza

PS -- The Ramza "Compilation of FFVII Theory" ~~

AC - Advent Children
BC - Before Crisis
CC - Crisis Core
DC - Dirge of Cerberus
EC - ???
FC - Final Cut (the FFVII remake)

EC could also be "End Cut" or something else if they can't come up with another crappy side-game (they ought to put something on DS or Wii :P :P )

Crown Clown

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 04:06:19 AM »

Personally I don't place all too much faith in it, but that may be because I'm already relatively convinced that they're going to put out a remake for PS3 sooner or later. It just annoys me that they do things like this to tease fans(like they need more rallying around the banner). As soon as they decided to milk FFVII for all it's worth I was fairly certain that they would get to a remake sooner or later. Frankly it doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't. There's a lot of money there, not to mention that Sony would probably move a couple of PS3's for it.

Is there any reason why they CAN'T remake it?

I will find you. Without fail.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 04:34:04 AM »

There is one reason, which is not going to prevent the remake from being made (should Square Enix make this decision), but certainly is going to have a massive effect on the project's release date. You see, the development of the remake would be handled by the company's first production team (the team that worked on Final Fantasy VII, VIII, X, X-2 and the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII). While huge (at times more than 300 people), this production team already has a lot on its plate: While they finished Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII recently, they still have their hands full with Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, the new Kingdom Hearts installment, and the complete version of Advent Children. Since a Final Fantasy VII remake would be a major project, it would require a lot of manpower to realize. With those other projects in development simultanously, it would take a very long time until they could eventually release the remake.
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 06:19:25 AM »

Can't wait for the US/EU Crisis Core release, just hope they hurry up with it.

I've been listening to some ripped music from Crisis Core and am absolutely loving the music. Hopefully they will release the OST soon.

About the FF7 remake, like Professor Gast said, the production team has lots of projects on their plate right now. I would love for it to come on the PS3, but hey a remake on the PSP with same graphics as CC and updated AC-like cutscenes would be pretty spiffy too.
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 08:00:33 AM »

Now that would be a console seller game...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 12:57:39 PM »

I finished the game today.

It's an above average game. The game's short (around 10 to 15 hours) but that's okay because any longer and the battle system will grind at you with its monotony. Plotwise, the game is utter garbage, with one very important exception: the ending. Anyone who's played FFVII knows how Crisis Core will end, but the way in which it's presented is done so well and so powerfully that I almost want to say it was worth bombarding me with 10 hours of idiocy just to see that one scene.

I might elaborate more on the game if I get to review it.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 01:01:17 PM »

if a ff7 remake where to use the white engine it would conceivably would not take to long to make no? white engine i believe is what ffxiii uses as well as the new SE MMO

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 02:06:34 PM »

If they make it, it will most certainly be powered by the White Engine. However, it would still take a lot of time to develop, after all they basically have to re-build most of the assets. Besides, at least initially they could only have a small core team working on it, because Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII as well as Dissidia Final Fantasy still take a lot of time and manpower to complete. Even if one disregards the original plans for a PlayStation 2 version, Final Fantasy XIII along with the White Engine has already been in development for at least two years by now and probably is still a year away from its release in Japan. As for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, if it is finally running on PlayStation 3 hardware, then they have only achieved that milestone recently, as Final Fantasy Versus XIII's development is trailing that of Final Fantasy XIII.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 04:03:41 PM »

What with trying to expand the FFVII fan base, and trying to break into other markets with the franchise, I'm surprised they haven't targeted the untapped younger crowd, or created some educational software:

Cait Sith's Stuffed Toyland EXtreme!
Red XIII's Animal Safari Adventure!
The Fun of Being Spastic: With Yuffie!
Aeris Teaches Fourth-Grade Geometry!

Well, I guess they kind of tried doing that already, what with all the Chocobo spin-off games.

Well, there's still:

Tifa's Aerobics: Now on DVD!,
How to Be Moody: Starring Cloud, Vincent & Sephiroth,
Barret's MACHO Groove Train,
Speaking Like a Sailor: Cid & Shera's Romantic Comedy!,
How to Live with a Wife-Beater, by Shera,
So You Gave Birth to a Demon Child: A Self-Help Book for Unwed Teenage Mothers, by Lucretia

for the older crowd!

Seriously, they might as well make a running series out of it. Anime would be simpler than making a superfied PS3 remake version/sequel.

Quote from: "Professor Gast"
[paraphrase] It's going to take them a while to make an FFVII remake. [/paraphrase]

They're the Japanese; they'll work themselves to the bone for it!

I've pretty much been expecting an FFVII remake for the past 2-3 years, since it was first hinted at; even sold my original PSX copy of FFVII in preparation.

Quote from: "Lyonaz"
Hopefully they will release the OST soon.

Right here, amigo: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WPCL-10438

I mirror your sentiments; excellent music, what I've heard. Very macho.

Despite what otherwise might be complaints about milking the franchise, Crisis Core will probably be the game that makes me get a PSP. Of course, I'm sure there's plenty else out there already to justify me getting one as it is.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 04:38:08 PM »

I would buy a PS3 in an instant for an FFVII remake.

These rumors may or may not be true, but  I do believe the game will be released somewhere down the line.

[/url]
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 06:35:17 PM »

Quote from: "macirex"
Now that would be a console seller game...

Yeah... that console being the PlayStation 1

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 10:58:40 PM »

Actually, following the release of Crisis Core, Final Fantasy VII has re-entered the best selling lists of various online retailers. For a ten year old game that is quite remarkable :P.
Iron Maw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 12:04:56 AM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
I finished the game today.

It's an above average game. The game's short (around 10 to 15 hours) but that's okay because any longer and the battle system will grind at you with its monotony. Plotwise, the game is utter garbage, with one very important exception: the ending. Anyone who's played FFVII knows how Crisis Core will end, but the way in which it's presented is done so well and so powerfully that I almost want to say it was worth bombarding me with 10 hours of idiocy just to see that one scene.

I might elaborate more on the game if I get to review it.

Interesting, since I've heard the opposite about it on GAF, and other forums. There mostly nothing, but praise for the game, with a few people who posted negative issues towards DWV system.

Thanks for the impression.

BTW, The the game is alot longer than 14 hours if you do the side missions and quests (there like 100 or, so more of them) and quite a few of them are pretty diffcult.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 10:20:50 PM »

Quote from: "Professor Gast"
Actually, following the release of Crisis Core, Final Fantasy VII has re-entered the best selling lists of various online retailers. For a ten year old game that is quite remarkable :P.

Good point.  Unfortunately, the greater half of these spin-off's have had garbage plots, and shorter than par completion times...
Fuck, I can't remember the last time I played a game of SE's for over 40 hours.  Or a good game at that.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 10:25:26 PM »

FFXII just came out a little less than a year ago, and DQVIII a year before that. Unless you're talking about ENJOYING it long enough to reach 40+, then that's a whole different argument.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: