Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 03:38:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327815 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  UK RPGFans listen up!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: UK RPGFans listen up!  (Read 1202 times)
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2007, 10:47:54 AM »

Both Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria and Rogue Galaxy are out, which was a pleasant surprise, for certain! So if you've got some pennies, go and buy one (or both!) and help to send the message that us Brits aren't averse to a bit of RPG goodness!

By the way, HMV have got VP on sale for under £25! Bargain! :D

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 11:43:24 AM »

I got VP2 for £17.99 from play.com. I'll probably wait until the price drops or get Rogue Galaxy second hand, it sounds a bit too cliched for my liking.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 02:07:59 PM »

Nice how you only adressed the people from the UK. You're absolutely correct though, Square Enix screwed up the distribution and it's next to impossible to find a PAL copy of either Valkyrie Profile game in any mainland country.
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 06:02:03 PM »

I kinda realised from the fact that my VP manual didn't have a quick-start section in any other language that it hadn't been distributed in any other territories around Europe... Sorry, Toms!

Probably due to the voice acting and large amount of text that neither SE or SCEE could be bothered to translate. Looks like non-English speaking Europe is now the "fourth world" in terms of gaming, just after the UK... :(

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:33:07 PM »

Both games have an Australian release too. Iíll probably buy Valkyrie Profile it at some point, but I already have a huge bunch of games I need to complete. Rogue Galaxy looks mediocre, and most of the opinions Iíve read on the game say the same thing.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 10:22:46 PM »

Im in North America...and I just started playing VP2.  
One of my favourite thigns about it, is I can't think of anything wrong with the battle system. <3

One thing it does suffer, as with all Tri-Ace games...mages become obsolete... fast.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 08:45:44 AM »

Except for the original Valkyrie Profile. In the first game mages were often the best damage-dealers, because magic couldn't be blocked. And of course, Celestial Star was a great PWS. But in practically every other game mages were weak, because they were too slow and used to much MP, using warriors or perhaps a hybrid characters was much more efficient. Not that I would want to use a character like Sophia...
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 10:19:33 AM »

what makes mages obsolete in VP2 unlike VP1 is that anyone can attack from the back row. another problem with mages is thier ultimate magic sucks. the main good one is the one that summons a leviathan since it can go third in a soul crush chain.

ďNormal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.Ē
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: