Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 10:10:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329365 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Windows reinstall woes... :(
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Windows reinstall woes... :(  (Read 1163 times)
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 28, 2007, 10:51:56 PM »

My pc has recently undergone it's spring clean, which included an install of a legit copy of Windows XP. I've done the usual downloading of all the drivers/codecs, etc. that go with this, including the k-lite codec pack, that has always allowed me to watch pretty much any media format.

For some reason it's now either playing the files in black and white or with very washed-out colours. I know for a fact that the files themselves are fine, because I've watched some of them before. I've tried playing DVDs, too, and they play in the same washed-out colours as half of my other video files.

The thumb-nail images are fine, which is quite bizarre. The problem isn't limited to just Media Player, either, it's the same in Win Amp... Any ideas anyone??

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 11:16:23 AM »

Check out Video Inspector:

http://www.kcsoftwares.com/index.php?vtb

After installing it, you can right-click a video and you'll have the option to open it with video inspector.  Do so, and it'll check the codecs that the video uses against the ones that are installed.  If it uses one you don't have, it'll tell you which one to download.

It sounds like you're probably OK on that count, but this will tell you for sure, and it's free.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 11:22:15 PM »

Cheers Tooker, I've tried that out and it confirms that I am using the correct codecs. I dunno, it just seems like if it was playing on a tv then I'd go and turn the colour controls up or something! :S

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: