Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 06:31:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340978 Posts in 13937 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 174248 times)
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 29, 2007, 11:25:34 PM »

Daily accomplishments, questions, requests, resources... anything goes.  Screenshots are welcome, as well.  I'll start:

Went 0/2 on Byakko's Haidate, this morning.  But picked up a Martial Abjuration: Hands (for Koenig Handschuhs) off the ever-generous Genbu.  Not exactly "practical" for WAR, but it was free-lot.  Better off sitting in my MH than dropping to the ground, I suppose.

Also, for those who recently rejoined and are working through the low levels, a few good resources for items/missions/quests etc:

Allakhazam - http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/
FFXIclopedia - http://www.ffxiclopedia.org/
Killing Ifrit - http://www.killingifrit.com/
Maps of Vana'diel - http://www.ffxi-maps.com/

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 11:30:55 PM »

Not much with me today. I lvled DRG from 13-14 pretty quickly, and got 4 new gear on that level. It's obviously slow since I solo, but I am enjoying the job. After playing WHM and BRD for quite a long time, I feel I should do some melee job. Unfortunately, WAR is 11 and NIN is 6, but I'm fine with being DRG/WHM.

I also talked to Losfer in-game. All I need to do is contact Dagg now. Since my DRG is aorund the same level as some of you guys, let me know if you like more DD and a tad bit of support. :)

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Alenicus

Sniperwolf2468
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 11:31:25 PM »

got THF from level 9 to level 12 today :D getting close to leveling in the dunes.

started leveling THF cause I maxed WHM out and I want to make gil

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 12:01:38 AM »

Levelled with the wife in a group hat didn't suck!  She got to 15 and I got to 14.  Killing fucking crabs in Valkurm...  My character looks a little cooler now.  Got over 100000 gil between us too.  :P

Yalked to lots of folks today and joined up with Ash's and Howard's LS.  These sorts of games seem to be a lot funner with a good community in game, so...

Look forward to levelling with all you guys!  Thanks for the adds!

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 12:35:27 AM »

19 WAR, 11 THF.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 01:13:49 AM »

It's so exciting to have many people coming back to the game and leveling jobs again!!

I'm a 75 WHM, and I have two "subjobs" at 40 (BLM and NIN). My most obvious lacking subjob, of course, is SMN. I had been static-ing this with my IRL big brother, but he got really busy right after we hit 30. He said I could go on without him, at least until about 40. My plan is to take SMN to 75 since I f*cking love the job and have unlocked all the avatars.

So whenever you guys hit the 30~ish range, please send me a /tell, friend request, etc. My name is Tonelico, and like everyone else, I'm on Leviathan. Also, if you catch me at a good time I can definitely PL you. Sadly, I still haven't capped my healing magic (about 4 levels away, 272/276).

Gogo team!

Ramza

Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 09:10:30 AM »

Don't tempt me!!! ;_; I have been invited to play on Leviathan before because of a friend of mine, Lenor, now that I'm out of FFXI I see FFXI topics popping up in every forum and everybody seems to play on Leviathan wth :(
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 09:23:16 AM »

Got my warrior job to 7 and finally put on the leather. I forgot how big a difference a couple pieces of equipment makes.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 09:46:51 AM »

Dear Ash, Shiggy, and TBD~

I see that all three of you have very similar sigs.  Are they uniform from some site, or...?

Post a link, I want a cool sig.  :(

Or if you all made them yourselves...  Well...  Damn, why did you all use the same font.  :P

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 09:48:45 AM »

Quote from: "Ventrue"
Don't tempt me!!! ;_; I have been invited to play on Leviathan before because of a friend of mine, Lenor, now that I'm out of FFXI I see FFXI topics popping up in every forum and everybody seems to play on Leviathan wth :(

Leviathan is a good server.  You should move here. ;)

My BCNM60 drops (in particular, Marine F Boots) finally sold, so I pimped out  COR even more and basically have all the best equipment available for the job from Level 1 - 60, sans Peacock Charm.  But I think I can live without that ~2,000,000 Gil investment, heh.  That's all for tonight!

EDIT:
Quote from: "Losfer"
Dear Ash, Shiggy, and TBD~

I see that all three of you have very similar sigs.  Are they uniform from some site, or...?

Post a link, I want a cool sig.  :(

Or if you all made them yourselves...  Well...  Damn, why did you all use the same font.  :P

I made them all.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 01:23:59 PM »

You guys are tempting me to try it back out, maybe get the 360 version since it should be fairly easy to find, though my PC can run the PC version fine.  Of course, id like to join with you folks, but there are members who would not want me to be a part of anything they do due to misunderstandings and mistakes made in WoW by me.  Anywho, keep up the interesting info.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 03:47:25 PM »

My WAR is at level 20 now, and my THF is at 16. Invites are kind of barren though. I plan to have WAR up to 30 by next weekend.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 05:10:05 PM »

Oh hey SHig-attack, can j00 make a sig for me? PM me and I'll give you details as to what I want on it. :)

Tone

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 05:38:33 PM »

Told you everyone would want it Shig. :p

Anyhow, I teamed up with Losfer and his missus. We all gained 3 levels, and had a kickass time. I went from 15-18 DRG and getting some more gear in advance.

Tomorrow, I'll work on BRD again.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
WDNall

WDrgnNall@gmail.com WDrgnNall
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 09:35:31 PM »

Crazy lil dragon just saying Hello :3 Wednesday night if Nall is intact a certain summoner will hopefully reappear in XI :) it all depends on if nall is still intact or not :)

psn id WDNall
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: