Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2016, 09:32:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
248468 Posts in 7448 Topics by 2390 Members
Latest Member: maingauche
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 456544 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2085 on: March 28, 2016, 04:47:57 PM »

I'm about to begin, finally, the Heavensward content. I hope the plot is as good as people tell it is.
In the regular game the story I enjoyed the most was the Crystak Tower quests. The 2.1 up to 2.55, for me, were kind of a drag for the most part.

Hathen
You think this would be funny?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2086 on: March 29, 2016, 01:17:43 PM »

I used the free period to finish the ARR story. Kinda bummed they didn't allow me to at least try some of Heavensward.

I am somewhat interested in seeing how the story plays out, just not enough to actually buy the expansion yet- I've already waited this long, I might as well wait for a price drop or something. =P

I do appreciate how 2.5 had a lot more going on than usual, but a couple things bothered me.

Code:
For me the biggest one are the actions your character is forced to do. Apparently your character is supposed to be completely clueless as to what's going on despite someone literally spelling it out for him/her. One of the officers tells your character straight up that Teledji has been bribing Crystal Braves and setting up some kind of conspiracy, and the next thing your character decides to do is to not just proceed with attending a suspicious banquet in Ul'dah, but also go to a shady meeting in the middle of nowhere arranged by one of said potentially compromised members? This isn't really a case of dramatic irony since one of the officers actually told your character this was going on.

I'm sure Teledji would've come up with some other excuse to frame you had you not picked up a suspicious empty vial for no reason, it's just kind of mystifying why they even felt the need to have that other than to waste the player's time with a filler quest.

Also I have the game on Japanese voices, so I feel the need to point out how amusing it is that they have every single evil Lala voiced by a super deep voiced manly man.
Starmongoose
Forum Moderator
Contributing Editor

I Mean Bismuth

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2087 on: April 07, 2016, 01:52:56 PM »

I'm playing an MMO.

This MMO to be exact. I never thought I would like an MMO, but I like this one. A lot.

I'm level 28 as an Arcanist and having a lot of fun! The story is teaching me how to play as I go along at a really good pace for me. I've always felt very intimidated because of the sheer amount of STUFF in MMOs. But I have a good handle on things now.

So yeah, just thought I'd drop in here and mention so.

ScottC
RPGFan Editor

Manderville Man

View Profile Email
« Reply #2088 on: April 08, 2016, 12:32:50 AM »

Awesome, I tell everyone that doesn't like MMos but likes JRPGS that FF14 is a great MMO for them.  You'll enjoy it even more when the story starts to ramp up soon.

Also what server are you on Greig?
Starmongoose
Forum Moderator
Contributing Editor

I Mean Bismuth

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2089 on: April 08, 2016, 03:56:17 AM »

I'm on Zodiark (EU). :)

kyuusei
Editor Emeritus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2090 on: April 17, 2016, 04:14:01 PM »

Scholar is weird after like two+ years of tank/melee.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2091 on: May 01, 2016, 10:50:18 PM »

scholar is OP imo i dont get why it hasnt been nerfed yet.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lian_Kazairl
Taskmistress
RPGFan Editor

Podcast Momma

View Profile Email
« Reply #2092 on: May 02, 2016, 12:59:22 AM »

I think it depends on what you mean by OP. In terms of pure heals, WHM is clearly on top. Neither SCH nor AST can match the power of a WHM's single or multi-target heals, and WHM has more "oh shit" skills now than either SCH or AST. In terms of utility, SCH is king. You can heal, you can shield, you can DPS more effectively than WHM and AST can, and you have the best MP management out of all three healers. But SCH is in the end better at mitigating damage than actually healing it, so when shit hits the fan they have to scramble more than a WHM does. SCH also requires a whole lot more micromanaging and battle awareness than either WHM or AST do. You've got to control your pet effectively (well, Eos anyway; Selene you can usually leave on sic and forget about), and you have to know when damage is coming out and shield appropriately in order to make the most of your skills.

I main SCH now, and I've gotten comfortable enough with it that as long as my healing partner isn't a complete idiot, I'm usually fine. If something happens in high level content where the other healer dies and I don't have the time to res them, though, it's much harder for me to keep the party alive than it would be if I were on WHM. Similarly, if I'm going to be solo healing high level content, I absolutely want to be on WHM, because I know I can keep the party healthy much easier than if I was on SCH, and solo healing is stressful enough as it is.

Also, they kind of already have nerfed SCH, at least a little. Remember that Lustrate used to be a purely percentage-based heal and now it's potency based, meaning you can't use it while in Cleric Stance.

I'm the Dark Souls of Xeno-everything and FFXII. YES, I CAN BE BOTH.
Pennywhether

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2093 on: June 19, 2016, 02:43:20 PM »

Finally almost done capping crafting classes to 60. Just BSM and CUL to go. Been procrastinating so much on that of late. XD I need to start looking up the best ways to farm up materia for crafting and gathering gear next.

Mike
Administrator

Oathkeeper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2094 on: June 19, 2016, 10:16:09 PM »

If you have unlocked the highest quest tier with the Ixal, they now give you a grade IV crafting/gathering materia for each quest (you choose one out of a random selection of 3, per quest), and at some reputation level, the moogle quests will begin offering tier V. So I'd focus on those - I've been building up a nice stash of grade IVs from the Ixal since 3.3, and I'm so glad that was the one pre-3.0 beast tribe I maxed out, haha.

"Your sins lay heavy upon you, defiler of souls."
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: