Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 07:48:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338137 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 172567 times)
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: June 24, 2009, 06:31:42 PM »

"NO WHITE PEOPLE" must be the new "JP ONRY", haha.

Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: June 25, 2009, 11:10:09 AM »

Square's being sued (finally!)

A federal class action suit is in progress against Square Enix. Allegedly deceiving 100,000 customers by not being upfront about fees and penalties, Square Enix will now enter court.

Plaintiff Esther Leong of San Francisco stated that Square Enix lied about monthly fees for Final Fantasy XI. The case claims that Square Enix concealed its montly fees, penalties for late fees, interest, and restrictions, and several other payment fees that weren’t detailed during the signing up phase.

The class action suit is seeking damages of more than $5 million, ranging from unfair business practices to false advertising.

You can read the court filing here.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Providence-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m6d24-Square-Enix-Sued-for-MMO-Deception

Charging late fees and interest for an MMO is fucking ridiculous. I'm a victim of this and wish I could join in that class action.
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: June 25, 2009, 12:05:34 PM »

Square's being sued (finally!)

A federal class action suit is in progress against Square Enix. Allegedly deceiving 100,000 customers by not being upfront about fees and penalties, Square Enix will now enter court.

Plaintiff Esther Leong of San Francisco stated that Square Enix lied about monthly fees for Final Fantasy XI. The case claims that Square Enix concealed its montly fees, penalties for late fees, interest, and restrictions, and several other payment fees that weren’t detailed during the signing up phase.

The class action suit is seeking damages of more than $5 million, ranging from unfair business practices to false advertising.

You can read the court filing here.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Providence-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m6d24-Square-Enix-Sued-for-MMO-Deception

Charging late fees and interest for an MMO is fucking ridiculous. I'm a victim of this and wish I could join in that class action.

To think these assholes went from a F to a B grade when they joined the BBB.

And I don't want to know how much money they've scalped from subscribers that reactivate halfway through the month. I'd be more concerned about that rather than late fees and interest. Once you get to that point you probably should be better prioritising that $13.

Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: June 25, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »

@Myau: That too. x1000
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: June 25, 2009, 05:47:02 PM »

I am confused. How and when do they charge late fees? I just pay my 13 a month and play. Where do these late fees come in?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: June 25, 2009, 05:56:53 PM »

I'm confused as well, considering that any other person that I've known that had their credit card not go through, was unable to play the game at all until the situation was resolved.  I don't get how late fees can even happen.
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: June 25, 2009, 06:18:13 PM »

There are no late fees.  This class action suite is such a waste of time....  If your card gets charged back or has insufficient funds all they do is lock your character until you pay off what is owed plus the current months fee (not a late fee!).  Hell, you aren't even obligated to pay it back what you owe if you choose never to login again.  You just lose control of your account till you pay it off.  I know all of this from experience.  D;
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:25:22 PM by ShiningHero » Logged

Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: June 25, 2009, 08:05:53 PM »

I'll try to break this down to the best of my knowledge.

There are a lot of things about the billing that are just nonsensical, and they clearly didn't know what they were doing when they started it. For instance, they bill you for 2 months when you restart your account, or don't bill you for the first month then bill you twice the second month--I'm not sure what exactly they do, it's incredibly convoluted (probably intentionally.)

Then there's the lack of pro-rating the monthly subscription fee. It's complete bullshit that you're forced to pay for a full month if you start your subscription halfway through their billing cycle. SE doesn't disclose this to subscribers, by the way, which can be seen as deceptive.

Finally, the
penalties for late fees
is, for example, cancellation and/or deletion of your POL account, thus requiring a person to repurchase the game at retail.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: June 26, 2009, 10:30:41 PM »

Since you don't seem to be on each time I check, perhaps it'd be better if you just send a /tell to me when you're on.  My character is Meicyn.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: June 29, 2009, 09:37:08 AM »

Unlocked Dancer and Samurai. Dancer is one of the greatest jobs ever. I got it to 18. It is fantastic.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: July 03, 2009, 12:17:49 AM »

Having fannied about as a PLD up to 20 as previously mentioned, I decided to go back to DRG. Since LOL no one invites DD, I've soloed it from 34 to 41 in about three days. Qufim was fucking great at first, Altepa is a bit arsey. I should go back to Beaucedine Glacier since everything should hopefully be DC now.

Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: July 05, 2009, 03:08:52 AM »

but then came the magical day that my monk learned hundred fists and my samurai learned mediatate.

Hundred Fists is MNK's 2HR. How exactly do you "learn" that?
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: July 05, 2009, 03:10:29 AM »

Maybe she meant Raging Fists.

Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: July 05, 2009, 06:35:36 PM »

Oh right, there's that. I've honestly stopped attributing any sort of awesomeness to raging fists since they changed Howling Fist to oust it, and Dragon Kick. All just to cater to the lolPUPs.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: July 05, 2009, 10:12:14 PM »

To be fair, it makes more sense for WSs to get stronger as you level up. Of course if they knew what they were doing, they would've made it so that every weapon skill has some important function. But the fact that they constantly throw shitty WSs in-between good ones as filler doesn't mean anything if you never use them. The only job I can think of that has almost all the weapon skills being useful at some point is Samurai.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: