Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 11:49:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337994 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 172425 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #855 on: June 13, 2010, 10:31:54 AM »

Obviously that photo was edited or taken from like 2 years ago.

TASTY!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: June 18, 2010, 12:54:43 AM »

oh. snap.

Job adjustments/abilities/traits/spells coming with the new update. Mostly lvl 76-80 stuff, but some weird lowbie additions as well.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/2010_-_%2806/17/2010%29_Adjustments_of_the_Job_Persuasion!

I'm so into this game. Still.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: June 18, 2010, 04:47:37 AM »

I was hoping for something more interesting, but these new skills are adequate, though it kind of sucks to see such uneven love between the classes. I would be more excited about the level cap raise except for 2 things. 1. Some retarded quest to run to unlock the level increase.
2. Grinding out 5 more levels, as if this wasn't the weakest aspect of playing XI.

The fact that they are treating Abyssea like a mix between Dynamis and campaign has me confused. Are we expected to level there or just kill shit aimlessly in hopes of drops we have to compete with 80 people for? I'm starting to think SE is grasping at straws now, and after the massive failures of their mini expansions, I for one will not be spending another dime on their vieled cash shop items ( though I would love to find a less fail attempt at redoing my Royal Redigote).

With FFXIV so close it's a wonder why they're even bothering. I just hope they've learned their lesson that when people buy an expansion they want their content in the box, not spread out over a year. They should have spent the time fixing the games content and accessibility over throwing another grind into the mix. My enthusiasm for XI may have finally been extinguished.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #858 on: June 18, 2010, 05:29:04 AM »

i cant wait to grind on level 85 crabs what are you talking about
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: June 18, 2010, 09:20:00 AM »

May they have mercy enough to do a palette swap.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... riiiight!
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: June 18, 2010, 05:07:48 PM »

May they have mercy enough to do a palette swap.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH... riiiight!

Of course they won't, remember PS2 Limitation? :P

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: June 19, 2010, 05:01:42 AM »

oh look

ninja gets more powerful damage magic

that'll definately fix the job
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: June 19, 2010, 04:42:20 PM »

Oh look, dancer has become the best subjob ever now....

Ok, dancer was already the best subjob, but jeez, SE, why not give them some more freaking boosts? Perhaps you could add a full cure option for the party soon? Maybe toss in an attack boost dance, while you're at it?

TASTY!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: July 10, 2010, 12:41:22 AM »

okay, Abyssea is officially the greatest thing ever.

In 2 hours I got like 40k exp and 12k cruor. "Forbidden Keys" + helpful alliance + Conflux usage (all @ frog camp, La Theine L-10) = instant win.

Time Extension chests, Exp Chests, Cruor Chests. Use forbidden keys to open without stupid guessing game and get full value (10 min, 1250 exp, 1000 cruor respectively). Each forbidden key is 500 Cruor.

Get enough cruor and extension chests (which go to the whole alliance) and it's pretty much the best thing ever.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: July 10, 2010, 01:49:57 PM »

after seeing the new additions for monk i'm about ready to quit the game! SE seems alergic to giving monks anything in an offensive capacity. i'm supposed to get excited about a guaranteed counter? lol tactical guard my guard is criminally under leveled. the best way for me to level it would probally be for me to solo pup to 75! i would of much rather gotten critical attack bonus I.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:01:57 PM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: July 10, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »

Actually, yes you are. Counters are the main reason MNK/NINs are so powerful. It greatly enhances your chances of getting Ichi off. I'm very annoyed that NIN did not get anything similar.

BTW the Attacks 2-3 weapons from trials of the magians works with footwork.

If there's any job that got screwed hard this update, it's NINs. DNCs now have Dual Wield IV at level 80, giving them equivalent delay reduction as NIN, yet they also have acc bonus, eva bonus, chainbound ability, crit attack bonus, reverse flourish, ability to cure themselves and what have you.

Meanwhile, NIN gets Futae, costing 2 tools for 1.5x damage on their shitty spells every 3 fucking minutes, a worthless magic burst bonus trait, and a parry TP bonus not worth ever relying on.

Yeah, I'm kinda bitter. NINs are absolutely worthless now. Along with the retardation that is Walk of Echoes, this was a large but incredibly clumsy patch.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:08:16 PM by Hathen » Logged
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: July 10, 2010, 03:46:17 PM »

I'm just gonna come out and say all haters are 100% short-sighted.

They just increased cap from 75 to 80 and added some abilities.

...they're going to 99.

Have patience and see what they roll out. :)

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: July 10, 2010, 04:03:17 PM »

Actually, yes you are. Counters are the main reason MNK/NINs are so powerful. It greatly enhances your chances of getting Ichi off. I'm very annoyed that NIN did not get anything similar.

BTW the Attacks 2-3 weapons from trials of the magians works with footwork.

If there's any job that got screwed hard this update, it's NINs. DNCs now have Dual Wield IV at level 80, giving them equivalent delay reduction as NIN, yet they also have acc bonus, eva bonus, chainbound ability, crit attack bonus, reverse flourish, ability to cure themselves and what have you.

Meanwhile, NIN gets Futae, costing 2 tools for 1.5x damage on their shitty spells every 3 fucking minutes, a worthless magic burst bonus trait, and a parry TP bonus not worth ever relying on.

Yeah, I'm kinda bitter. NINs are absolutely worthless now. Along with the retardation that is Walk of Echoes, this was a large but incredibly clumsy patch.

i never sub nin unless it absolutely required. i merit as mnk/war =D

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: July 10, 2010, 05:43:09 PM »

I'm not short-sighted. I'm well aware that there's 19 more levels to go, but that doesn't change the fact they've made NIN even less desirable than it has been for the next 3 months. There's also the fact that the stuff they did add for NIN shows a basic lack of comprehension of how people play the job at 75 (Futae comes at like level 77). SE isn't immune to criticism simply because in the future, someday, they might fix it.

I'm sure Abyssea is great and all, but Walk of Echoes is a complete and utter disaster. The flaws in the system of that area defy common sense.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: July 11, 2010, 03:15:01 AM »

Here's hoping they have better design sense and class sensibility in XIV. I really hate the fact that after all this time they still don't have a grasp of many of these jobs. I'm still scratching my head at some of the SMN additions (shitty BPs and a <2% MP conserve proc) and DRK faux pas ( 2 TP per elemental spell!? 1 TP per Dark magic). It seems like they're not really trying too much with XI anymore, which is sad considering it's legacy. It doesn't build confidence for XIV for sure.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 03:19:43 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: