Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 03:00:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340914 Posts in 13932 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 174192 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: July 12, 2010, 12:29:28 AM »

I wouldn't say they're not trying, the problem is that they insist on the game being played their way. They clearly know what makes for good gear (As show by the new Cruor sets, a haste+1% neckpiece coming from a rare fight, new haste+6% pieces having huge negatives to offset it, etc) and how their game works. There's nothing wrong with wanting the players to do something in a certain way, but they have horrible implementation skills.

To expand on WoE, the idea behind the area was for a harder campaign serving as a more casual way of experiencing an endgame-level monster fight. The problem is, a player limit of 36 is too damn high, and the enemies require too much careful planning for something where people can just randomly join in. Furthermore, nobody is going to want to sit back and heal/be a kiter if it doesn't entitle them to the items at the end (You need to be one of the top 5 players in the chamber, wtf?). Plus, there's no consolation prize if you lose, and having never seen any victories outside of highly organized linkshells fighting the damn things, this is my vote for the worst design SE has come up with in 6 years.

On a related note, having the DMG trials of the magian weapons that began as "NM kills so everyone can work together" into "Get 30 items from an event requiring 36 people that nobody does" has to be some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen.

I decided to submit some things into the suggestion box a couple days ago, but I doubt they'll pay much attention to it. Oh well, moving on...

This guy is awful.

I absolutely abhor sitting around waiting for something to pop, so I'm glad I finally have this thing. I think this will be the last time I ever bother doing something like that. How people are able to do it almost every day for kings boggles my mind.

Couple weeks ago Fiat Lux opened again, decided to get a cooler up-close picture of the guy.

BLM's level 60 now, though that's going to be on hiatus while I slowly creep my jobs up to 80. Speaking of which...

I think for almost half of the xp I was doing magian trials with FoV if it was available. Really wish they lowered the amount of kills required for the OAx weapons along with everything else.

I camped him after the maintenance. Finally have the brown belt.

Did KS99 Wyrm for the first time, it was pretty fun, but surprisingly easy. No speed belts, unfortunately.

Gee, I just have to get this lucky on behemoth and turtle and I'll be obligated to level MNK.

I can remember when I went on a run where 7 dropped and I didn't win a single one. To walk in and solo him now almost feels like a cheat, heh.

Finished two of these things, these are broken as hell. I absolutely love them for soloing.

While doing my trials, I got really lucky at one point:

The unique nomad moogle statue is something I'll treasure. Talaria would've been even better, but eh.

Well, I'm gonna have to kill 450 wamoura to finish my OA23 katana now. I'm going to be seeing this scenery a lot:

Fun fun fun. Speaking of scenery, random picture time!

Also, don't fight against my dice rolls.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: July 12, 2010, 10:55:45 PM »

So uh.....yeah, where's your abyssea huh? Huh? HUH!?

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: September 02, 2010, 04:59:40 AM »

Scars of Abyssea revealed...

HOLY FUCK NINJA MASK DO WANT

Eh, I'll still wait till it comes out before I make any decision though. If I just hold on a couple more months I can get the inevitable collection they'll release!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: September 19, 2010, 11:47:06 PM »

so uh... is anyone still playing this even with FFXIV being days away?

I definitely am playing FFXI still. :)

I went through all the new Abyssea zones, picked up maps and hit up all confluxes. Took my WHM to 85, and finally got SMN into endgame territory (went from 73 to 80 in one weekend).

Very much looking forward to finishing the WotG story. I still have the most recent batch of missions to do, plus I haven't done Windy/Bastok Crystal War quests, just Sandy.

Where's everyone else (ie Hathen)?

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: September 20, 2010, 12:28:45 AM »

I'm still playing, though due to some time shifts I had to drop some of my LSs.

After buying Scars of Abyssea, I regret not buying Visions sooner- I'm actually pretty impressed with the amount of content they've put in one zone. I'm considering getting Visions as well. There's a lot to do, and the rewards all feel more suitable with time invested. Kinda sucks my Usukane's outdated now, though. =P

As soon as I had enough cruor (I'm like, the only person without a billion cruor saved up, I bet), I got myself a base form Iga Zukin (Ninja Mask). The stats suck, but it's fun to run around in town with it. Hopefully I can get it to +1 in a few weeks if I work at it.

As far as story goes, I still haven't done the quests from last patch, let alone the new batch of missions (Sucks that they didn't finish WOTG this patch like they said they would), so I have some catching up to do.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: September 20, 2010, 12:41:30 AM »

My account is still active and would love to take part in some of the new content. I hadn't purchased Scars - though with only 2 days till FFXIV its probably a moot point. I'll probably be leaving my FFXI account active for a while until I know XIV has enough content to warrant me cancelling. So if you ever need another body for stuff, send me a tell, I might not have anything going on.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: September 21, 2010, 02:49:37 PM »

Still playing XI a lot actually, since my pc is no beuno for XIV, and I play XI on 360. 85 dark knight, with nearly capped merits (and I mean capped as in all merits, not drk specific). Got the bale burgeonet and bale flanchard, almost had the bale sollerets but some bard followed by a ranger dicked me out. Working on a doucle attack scythe, it's currently 1 trial away from being useful but I have to kill 30 irrlicht NMs in abyssea la theine, which isn't possible solo for me. Capped scythe at 347 (O_O), nearly capped evasion and great sword.

Oh, and kincard is a bum.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: October 11, 2010, 08:38:22 AM »

Been a while since I posted some pictures, so here you go. I guess I might as well finish out WOTG since I started it.

Ahead warning for those who still care (IE Tone...and maybe D!), I don't think I'll bother covering spoilers anymore. I'll put any spoilers I type in tags still, but it's easier to display those. Kinda wish this board had the spoiler tag system where you could just click a little button that says "reveal spoiler", it makes it so I don't have to open a bunch of extra tabs while reading a post and whatnot.

Couple years late, but I finally got this guy! It'll come in handy when I play SMN in 2045.

Just a random picture continuing from last time. I finished the Isatu eventually, though the wamoura were quite annoying. I'm working on many magian weapons, but since those are going to be updated I won't talk a gloat about them until they're actually finished.

An item I've wanted for a long time! This has got to be one of the most hilarious in-game items. And no, I'm not going to test what the crap the enhancement is.

Anyway, time for the main show! I finished all 3 nation questlines, and I really feel like they phoned in the final section of them, especially the Windurst fork. But I'll get to that soon enough...

A recap for anybody that forgot (Which is probably everyone), not that a whole lot to recap since barely anything happened in this damn story:
With tensions high in past Bastok, recent murders were blamed on Galka. Insert stupid pseudo-politics here for a lot of the story, then they moved on to a serial killer named Black Hurricane. Bunch of stuff happened in between that didn't really matter, then Klara, the captain of the Mythril Musketeers, attempts an assassination of the President. After this, the Mythril Musketeers were disbanded, and they secretly pursued Klara to discover her reasons for betrayal.

Along the way, it was revealed that Black Hurricane is actually Zeid of Dark Knight quest fame.

The update before this consisted of the pursuit of Klara which revealed...absolutely nothing about her. Three month waits are totally worth that.

After solving a really old puzzle in Zvahl, more stuff is revealed about Zeid.

Supposedly his turn to murder was because he felt anger towards Humes after his unit was slaughtered in a suicide mission and received no backup. Eventually Klara cornered him, and it's revealed that Zeid was lured to his madness by a demon named Marquis Amon. Klara, of course, does the typical YOU HAVE TO TRUST MEEEEE speech for Zeid so he regains faith in Humes slowly, but especially with Klara.

THE GOGGLES DO NATHIN

Be my guest, Zeid.

The final battle- it's against a completely generic demon model! Wow!

The President rewards me with the only ring that's actually kinda useful out of these quests. The rewards from these quests are rather disappointing considering all the other stuff we've been able to get from missions before. This one's just okay, the Windurst one is annoyingly situational, and the Sandy one is really not useful at all because of the other stuff available in the slot.

And so ends the Bastok (S) storyline, with the Mythril Musketeers back in action. Overall, it was boring, got somewhat interesting later on, but then boring again because Klara's motivations were a complete copout in writing. She didn't have any motivations or development of her own, she was used as a tool the whole time for a character that wasn't introduced 'til the eleventh hour. Bleh.

Next is Windurst! I like the Windurst quests.

Long story short, a mysterious man by the name of Robel-Akbel and his strategist Lehko Habhoka appear suddenly in Windurst, guiding the Windurstian army against the beastmen. Their motives are unclear, and they are shrouded in mystery, however their ability to lead to several victories for the Federation makes them trustworthy in everyones' eyes.

Last patch, Robel-Akbel's motives were made clear: His true identity is Karuha-Baruha, the legendary hero who brought Fenrir into the fight and won caused a turning point in the war at the cost of his own life. Robel-Akbel comes from the true future of Vana'Diel, where the Crystal War had not ended. Because of his desire to see the peaceful vision of his love, the Star Sybil, be fulfilled, he is willing to destroy the future that he hails from to guide the future toward's the goddess' Altana's vision(The present that the players exist in).

With Karuha-Baruha's sacrifice complete, the attack on Castle Oztroja is to begin. However, news of prisoners arrive and it's up to me to farm 3 keys to free them!

While doing, that, SE decides to show off their translation skills to me.

I are impressed.

Blah blah blah blah blah drama, time to fight a boss. Must watch a cutscene first.

I guess this was supposed to be touching in some way.

I really don't think that's how a child would react when a huge freaking wolf covered in dark flames carries her in its mouth, but what do I know.

We are able to the Yagudo's great spiritual leader. Thankfully they wern't smart enough to put guards around her or anything.

Now this is the part where me saying SE phoned it in mostly comes from. Lehko Habhoka has been shrouded in mystery all this time, and the only thing we know is that Shikaree G has been hunting him because he is a sinner in the eyes of his homeland. We only know that he owns some bow a Mithran woman had forged a bow out of stone (Which is still freaking stupid...I'm sure stones are well known for their elasticity), which brought great tragedy to the homeland. Now, I was under the impression that that was just a complete voodoo superstition thing, like something bad happened and they decided to blame it on something so they had something to blame it on.

But why have something like that when you can have the bow inexplicably magical for no reason!?

Anyway, about Lehko's backstory...

Aforementioned bow incident involved his family. So Lehko's goal is just revenge. That's it. Okay, that would've worked just fine if his plan wasn't as follows:

He decides that to exact his revenge, he would overdraft the people that had doomed his family into the Crystal War, purposefully sending them to death (Though still meeting victory requirements). This is absolutely retarded for two reasons:

1. You would have to assume that everyone in the homeland is functionally retarded to send their units to the point of exhaustion
2. He's publicly recognized to be Robel-Akbel's strategist, and obviously Shikaree G knew his identity, so why wouldn't anyone else

Then after this announcement, Perih Vashai just forgives him! For what!? She claims she sees nothing but pain in his eyes- so she's forgiving him for the deaths of thousands of her sisters based on that?

Doesn't SE realize that through this, Lehko comes off as nothing but a villain? He causes the deaths of thousands of innocents simply so he can have his stupid little revenge, and SE actually tries to make it look like it's Shikaree G that's supposed to be on some sort of morally wrong mission for wishing to punish him for this. I just can't believe it- what makes any of them think that these actions don't make Lehko come off as a villain? In any other situation, Lehko would be condemned for his actions because he does what is the equivalent of killing all the people that participated in the Salem Witch Trials because they had killed innocent women.

FINAL ROUND

Perih shoots the magic voodoo bow made of stone, and

it makes her go blind. Why? I don't have a fucking clue.

Second reveal about Lehko.
So the day his family was destroyed, he too was thrown into a river to drown. He was saved because he had swore revenge. That sounds familiar! I bet he made a pact with Odin, right?

...Nope. He merged with a Cait Sith. Uh, okay? I don't need to point out how nonsensical and pointless that twist is. Actually, that's not even a twist. That's just something completely out of left field that the audience never had a fair shake a figuring out. Christ.

Anyway, Lehko collapses after seperating from Cait Sith, assumedly dead because that was what was sustaining him, after all.

Uh, why? That sure was convienent.

WHO CARES YOU GET A RING BYE
Also it turns out Lehko's alive. After shutting the door behind us, telling us to run, collapsing from his wounds and separating from the only thing that had kept him alive for his chance to exact revenge, he survives. There's no explanation either.
Pick one SE, you get to either have a dramatic death scene, or a "he's actually alive!" scene. You don't get to freaking have both and have plot twists that contradict each other.

Next on the list is Sandy!

You are free to add your own pedophile joke here.

Excenmille’s attacks are pretty fun to look at, so I decided to get some nice pictures of them. After this fight, we are thrown into the present.

Of course, Excenmille doesn’t notice anything. You’d think he’d notice a distinct lack of beastmen running around or something.

I soloed the final battle of Sandy. I got in trouble once since I got stunned, but otherwise it was surprisingly easy. Last boss is reused monster models again, naturally.

SE shows off how effective the villain is.

OKAY RING NOW

And so ends the Sandy quests. At least they had the decency to tell us where all the members of the Young Griffins went. Overall, this ending was okay I guess.

Wings of the Goddess missions continue, and not a single interesting thing happens this time. Why they decided to delay the missions for another 3 months is a mystery to me, because it’s obvious that the ones added this patch were not designed to be released on their own.

Starts off with the most manly NPC in all of Vana’Diel.

Last time, the timeline of Vanadiel had been set in the wrong (right?) direction, which caused the disappearance of one of the “Wings of the Goddess”, so our goal is to recover her.

DAAAAAHHHH HEARTBURN

Atomos decides to just give us back the fragments of her memory. Well, that was easy.

They fly all over Vana’Diel, and I’m forced to go pick them all up to recover the complete memory.

After collecting them all, Independence Day happens.

Then the fairies tell me to truly bring her back, I will need to defeat the bad guys. Uh, gee, thanks for that wild goose chase SE, you tell me to go recover something I need to defeat the enemy and tell me I won’t get it unless I defeat them.

CONTINUED NEXT TIME, WHICH WILL BE IN ABOUT 3 MONTHS

Oh right, I’ve been doing Abyssea too.

Whee.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:45:58 AM by Hathen » Logged
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: October 11, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »

I love that you still do these posts. They make me happy.

I too have finished all the WotG content to date. Agreed that Windurst is easily the best of the bunch. Lehko Habhoka will lead us to new lands! (I hope)

Grats on the upgraded RDM AF3 legs. I haven't upgraded anything yet; I have 2 or 3 seals each for WHM + SMN legs + feet (haven't really spent much time in Attohwa).

There's a "Vision of Abyssea" review going up on *this very site* sometime soon. I flirted with doing the non-scored "DLC" style reviews like we've done for Fallout, Mass Effect, etc ... but I think the content is significantly large enough that it deserves its own review. Scars and Heroes will get their own reviews as well.

(WotG will get a review when they show me an ending. It took three frickin years.)

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: October 11, 2010, 07:56:11 PM »

The only real reason I was able to finish it was because RDM Legs are stuck in the easiest quest available (The one where you trade a Galkan Sausage to an NPC). I finished the legs in like, 2 hours or so. It's weird how unbalanced the difficulty of the quests are. Naturally, NIN is stuck on a lot of the hardest ones, heh.

Nevertheless for NIN, my seal progress is 2 Head, 4 Legs, and 7 Feet. The feet all came from quest spamming, and I haven't been as lucky with that one, to say the least (I'm done with BLM and DRG feet too!)- but it doesn't matter much since I still don't have the base item.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: October 24, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »

Oh, didn't notice your review for Visions until just now.

Seems about the right score to give it, though I think a 5% for story would be more appropriate since...well, there isn't one at all (Abyssea doesn't appear to be the alternate future split during the Crystal War because it lacks many aspects of it we would expect it to have, and appears to be an alternate universe altogether which is perfectly plausible due to Atomos' abilities). There is literally one mission per Abyssea area, and it's not exactly riveting because it consists of a guy showing up, telling you about a big bad monster, and then giving you a little rock with magic powers once you're doing killing it.

Right now my biggest problem with Abyssea is that it sets a bad precedent for the future in some ways. It's obvious that the final one is going to be designed with level 90 in mind...what's after that, more mini expansions? The content in the Abyssea areas is pretty nice (They were spot on with the exping and many of the NM fights, but most of the quests are routine to terrible), but I don't like that the story has been essentially discarded altogether. The story was one of the only driving forces left in me playing the game. The problem with the first three addons wasn't that they were story addons. The problem was that the stories they told were not the least bit interesting. The worst offender of this is still ACP, which took a story players have wanted to see ever since they first booted up the game and proceeded to spend several hours explaining absolutely nothing (Incidentally, a couple interviews with Kato made it sound like he was implying that he had a different story in mind, but he had limitations placed upon him...I smell another Chrono Cross type rushed ending).

Once December rolls around and WOTG and Abyssea conclude, what then? Hm...
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: October 29, 2010, 12:05:14 AM »

I don't know how to answer your questions. After Heroes? If we're lucky, the make REAL new zones in the Far East and take cap from 90 to 99.

Lehko Habhoka's last statements in the end of the WotG Windurst quest line suggest he will "lead us" to a new zone. :)

---

Tonight a pet-based LS I'm in did a bunch of awesome stuff. Most importantly, we beat Yaanei (the new robot-satan mob type on the top of Parodamo Tor in Attohwa). We also got the atma. "Atma of the Impregnable Tower." Super HP+, Major mag attk and mag crit hit. Pretty sweet atma, especially because all those things apply to pets as well. NurseryNazuna just got a whole lot more tank-ish.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: October 30, 2010, 11:25:06 AM »

I don't know how to answer your questions. After Heroes? If we're lucky, the make REAL new zones in the Far East and take cap from 90 to 99.

Lehko Habhoka's last statements in the end of the WotG Windurst quest line suggest he will "lead us" to a new zone. :)

That would be awesome, but I've pretty much given up hope on a real new expansion now. They're clearly dragging out WOTG as long as they can because they don't have anything ready to give us. I'd love to be proven wrong, though. There's just so much of Vana'Diel that hasn't been seen yet...wonder if they really plan on keeping all of it mysterious.

So yeah, small update from me...I spammed the crap out of WoE for several weeks, and it was absolute torture for a while. On RDM, I could place in the top 5 very consistently so I'm actually one of the lucky ones. Pouches and coins are completely random as to when they drop (!!s in there may have something to do with it but it's too difficult to test).

I constantly got coins I didn't want as well. I now have enough to upgrade a decay weapon, nearly enough for an advancement weapon, and of course I got a ton of coins of ruin (staff) like everyone else because SE likes to tease us with at least one completely useless item on the drop list.

Still, I pushed on and got my stuff done.

Feels good man.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: October 30, 2010, 05:45:13 PM »

Rare/ex/....hug? Sounds like special gear that only taru's can use.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: December 04, 2010, 10:26:47 AM »

I would rather HUG gear be usable by Mithras obviously.

Suddenly, before the next patch hits, another big post!

Through the magic of Abyssea, I got my BLM to 85 ridiculously fast. On a bored day, I went out and skilled up staff with the Vigil Weapon. I think it's pretty funny I managed to get this before Shell Crusher:

Abyssea's pretty crazy with cleave parties, where you get a ton of exp using about 3 people doing actual work, and with everyone else running around just opening boxes. It managed to get my BLM from 65 to 75 in about 4 hours in one particular run.

Does wonders for trial of the magians too.

Feet farming doing this can give you some hilarious results. Trust me when I say it's not quite as fun trying to sort through that in the 3-minute time limit the boxes have, though.

Anyway. time for some NMs! The prettier pictures are courtesy of my LS leader, heh. I really need to get a computer that isn't crap.

At 75, the nation quests were not at all difficult, but at 85, soloing the while way through is definitely feasible, so I finally got off my ass and decided to just blast my way through Sandy and Windy.

Picking Sandy back up from Rank 6, it starts with an investigation to the Tomb of King Ranperre.

HOLY GOD LOOK AT THOSE EARS WHAT

The king gathers his two sons and his greatest subordinates, and sends us on an epic hunt for the legendary sword, Lightbringer, with throne as the prize!

...at least that's what was happening in theory. Instead of sending me somewhere interesting, or seeing how the two Princes would respond to a challenge, SE decides to go with doing something totally unrelated. This sort of thing should almost certainly lead to conflict between the two, but instead SE decides to send all the way down south to the island of Elshimo...even though the Lightbringer was supposedly wielded by King Ranperre, who has never had a record of travelling to Elshimo, and the only other place it could feasibly be is around Tavnazia, which is to the west.

Gee DURRR I WONDER WHY THAT IS

The two princes tell me to hurry up and find the thing because the King became sickly because I guess he has Pica for holy-enchanted metal or something.

With a bunch of unrelated stuff happening in between, the Lightbringer is found, only to have the Orcs steal it, leading to a contrived final fight!

Things look just a bit stacked against our hero.

Or not, since they do like 2 damage a hit to a Red Mage with all his buffs on.

Prince Trion, the warrior Prince, jumps in help me after I do most of the hard work. This guy's fit for leading the country.

So because the Lightbringer was revealed to be not a bringer of light, but darkness, it's brought to Ranperre (Way to name it something that would discourage people from going to find it guy), who says he had a lot of trouble with it when he was king, and he'll seal it now to stop it from doing it ever again. That's a whole lot of work done from the afterlife there, maybe you shouldn't have been so lazy during your actual running years!

After the lameness of the Sandy missions, I went into Windy with low expectations. Bastok was really nothing special either, because it was all over the place (It couldn't decide whether it was about the Galkan Talekeeper or the Expedition North/Treachery of Ulrich). I was surprised when I saw the story a lot more focused than the other two, and far more interesting to boot.

It starts with several run-ins with some mysterious Cardians, being established that a couple of them have been going apeshit recently nobody quite knows what's going on. A strange book that used to belong to the great hero, Karuha-Baruha, also went blank inexplicably, making people feel really uncomfortable.

I get to meet the Star Sybil after a couple missions in, with her saying I'm one of her most trusted adventurers. I do feel it's worth nothing that my character's model technically has the same hairstyle as Karuha-Baruha, so maybe she just can't get enough of that!

Ajido-Marujido goes against orders from the Star Sybil to investigate the Full Moon Fountain, and I'm caught along with him. Surprisingly enough, the Star Sybil is the only leader of the 3 nations that takes immediate action against this and puts him into jail for life. Not just that, the jail will drain him of all his naturally-born magic abilities! Pretty bad when a spiritual leader is making more decisive actions than a elected President and a Monarch.

I'm pardoned because I go to fight some lame Yagudo. Awesome.

Ajido's not the only one who's not willing to just hide the truth though, so Tosuka-Porika points me in the direction of the ancient study of Karuha-Baruha.

The study itself was a pretty interesting place to see.

Unexpectedly, the Star Sybil shows up, saying that she has a secret entrance to the study. Huh. Never explained why she came down here, but I'd like to think it was to play with herself because given what we learned in WOTG, it's very clear that she often came down here for some bow chika wow wow with Karuha all the time. No wonder she's so irritable in the present- she's lost her screw-buddy.

Oooooh, scarrrry.

I really liked this part, personally. It's one of the few times where someone in the storylines isn't acting like a total dumbass. He has an obvious way to get himself out of this, and knowing that I'm either on his side, or at the worst, a neutral party, he gives me an edge to bring the truth out into the light for all the citizens of Windurst so he won't get his ass magic-drained too.

With one last place to look for clues, they send me to another study- that of Iru-Kuiru, one of the 6 people sent on the expedition north about 30 years ago. That's something else I liked- it managed to have elements that were present in the other two nations as well, but it tied together more with the main storyline rather than just being something they decided to tackle on the side along with it. After all, the rank 6 mission is about the expedition north, and to have nothing about at it all afterwards like with Sandy made little sense to me.

Anyway, here we learn the truth- that the first Star Sybil was in led to the lands of Sarutabaruta by the Kuluu, and was infused with magic from the power of the Horutoto Ruins. The blank book is then recharged with its energy.

At the same time though, cardians start being assholes, so it's time to break out Ajido! I conveniently get all the magic rings of the 5 ministers of Windurst (One of them was just plain given to me for safekeeping...seriously) and get to him before his short stick gets even shorter, if you know what I mean har har.

With shit hitting the fan, the Star Sybil is backed into a corner and spills the beans.

After Karuha-Baruha casted Force Lightning on Fenrir, apparently they both died, and the Full Moon Fountain went dry, meaning that any "predictions" the Star Sybil was making was a bunch of crap she's been making up for nearly 20 years.

Needing to learn more about it, I go find the man who designed many of the cardians.

As you can see, the dialogue trees in this game are amazing.

The Star Sybil is trapped in the Full Moon Fountain and the Yagudo are about to attack Windurst. Would've been cool if this story went on when they got better at the cutscene things.

And the final battle comes against a manifestation of the grotesque beast that was spawned when Karuha-Baruha made some unholy pact with Fenrir those many years ago...

It's a wyvern.

Lame.

Blah blah blah fountain's refilled, so now we can go spam kill Fenrir to break the ancient rules of Windurst's ban on summoning about 5000 times a day. Kinda weird they didn't make completing Windurst required to get Fenrir since he's still supposedly dead before you do that.

Indeedy.

Finally, this was meant to be a bit a surprise for Ramza since he acknowledges in his review for these to be impossible! But funny twist of fate made him know early, hah. Well, I'll take that as a challenge, damn it! I am working on Kannagi!

That single helm at the bottom is courtesy of the LS Ramza's in! Let's finish this with a purty picture.

Next episode, the long-awaited finale of WOTG! I'm also working on MKD and ASA so I guess I might have those done too. Maybe I'll have Kannagi (80) by then as well!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 10:34:22 AM by Hathen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: