Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 06:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319682 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 158847 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: March 02, 2012, 01:55:00 AM »

I read that there's ANOTHER new version update coming out this month. Didn't they update like last month? They must be bored working in ffxiv.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 02, 2012, 02:43:27 AM »

That's because its three different teams working on those games. You have 1 working exclusively on current FFXIV content, the major group is working on the FFXIV 2.0 client and then there's the FFXI team. They update the game quite frequently actually in the last 6 months. I haven't played in a couple months but I keep track of it and its pretty cool to see them still trucking away at it. There's usually one major patch a month with a smaller, adjustment patch as well. They're finishing up the Voidwatch content and doing some class revisions, so its not like a MAJOR content update.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: March 02, 2012, 05:49:50 PM »

That's because its three different teams working on those games. You have 1 working exclusively on current FFXIV content, the major group is working on the FFXIV 2.0 client and then there's the FFXI team. They update the game quite frequently actually in the last 6 months. I haven't played in a couple months but I keep track of it and its pretty cool to see them still trucking away at it. There's usually one major patch a month with a smaller, adjustment patch as well. They're finishing up the Voidwatch content and doing some class revisions, so its not like a MAJOR content update.
They're adding a whole new endgame thing called legion, as well as finishing up voidwatch. For the year and a half I played, major updates added a few items and a new add on if we were lucky. I'd call this a major update. It's been 4 within the last 6 months. That's alot by any game's standards.

TASTY!
Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: March 05, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »

A few private servers exist nowadays.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: March 08, 2012, 03:21:09 AM »

I've never heard that one- as far as I know, XI never had any running private servers for numerous reasons. If there is one, it sure is well-hidden because none of the fansites have ever made a peep about it.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: June 18, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »

While I'm sure nobody around here cares, I'll go ahead and post it, because what happening here is similar to what happened at the last Vana'Fest in some ways, and hey, it might make a cool story!

Recently on the test server, a ROM9 folder was added (First ROM folder added since ASA added a ROM8 folder back in 2009, the Abyssea expansions used the original ROM folder). This didn't garner much attention until 3 or 4 updates later and someone actually bothered taking a look at it.

Inside? New areas.

Needless to say some of the more hardcore playerbase is going crazy over this revelation and they're all but convinced that (at least a mini) expansion will be coming along, possibly visiting one of the unknown lands hinted/teased at numerous times throughout FFXI's history (Bets are mostly on Far South because of the jungles or Far West because the architecture really doens't seem to fit with Mithran culture well, although those are obviously placeholder models. It'd also be easier for them to make a Far West expansion because frankly there isn't much info about that land other than some Halloween events based around it and an order of Dragoons). Given FFXI's recent tendency towards UI cleanups and the PS2 hard-drive expansion, it's possible this might be a rather large one, though this of course is speculation.

At the moment though, SE doesn't seem to have any registered names that would coincide with such an announcement. However, last time they coined the Abyssea names mere days before the Vana'Fest, and this time the Vana'Fest is only 6 days away. It seems unlikely they would put so much work into a decade-old MMORPG, yet it's known that a few months ago they were hiring programmers for FFXI. Is it possible this is what they were put to work on?

I'm actually quite curious.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: June 18, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »

i was thinking of picking this up again but i heard the ps2 version has had problems with crashing with recent updates?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: June 18, 2012, 05:40:34 PM »

Prontera?  wat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJGrl4gJxx4
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 22, 2012, 05:03:42 AM »

How interesting. Though honestly, the game needs a DX11 upgrade and UI overhaul more than it needs another expansion. The FFXIV 2.0 team needs all the manpower they can get.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: June 22, 2012, 09:04:47 AM »

new FFXI expansion? This would force me to reactivate my account. Esp if it is the Mithran continent. EDIT -- "Seekers of Adoulin." hmmm... me like...

I wonder if Faithful is still using my Tonelico as an alt or if he deactivated it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:06:35 AM by Ramza » Logged

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: June 22, 2012, 12:54:11 PM »

Yep, Seekers of Adoulin was trademarked on the 21st: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479522

Adoulin is the hometown of the NPC Achtelle from the WOTG expansion. Not much is known about the area other than that there is an order of Dragoons and wyrms didn't seem to die out there (There are Wyrms in Mindartia/Quon but only like, what, 4 of them?). Adoulin is a island nation off the coast of Ulbulka (Where the Bison Jacket set comes from). Given the name of the expansion I trust it will be a bit like TOAU, where we won't see the larger area (Ulbulka VS Far East).
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: June 22, 2012, 03:12:54 PM »

Oh god, not more ffxi. I finally got it out of my system. Hell I almost threw out the discs last week while searching for a game.

Parn I swear to god if you start suggesting or even hinting at maybe going back to it, I will take a first class ticket to florida a whack you over the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: June 23, 2012, 12:27:09 AM »

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/adoulin/index.html
2 New jobs confirmed, one revealed today- Geomancer, another one will probably be revealed tomorrow. Chances are its Mystic Knight.

-They bestow area buffs by placing things on the grounds (So, druid from WoW), makes sense- they added sphere effects onto armor over the past year, I'm guessing this was used as a testing grounds for it.
-They cast elemental magic, but the way they are facing affects the potency of the cast
-They cast a type of elemental magic that affects the area surrounding allies
So basically yet another hybrid nuker/support job like Scholar with a little bit more of Bard thrown in.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:46:25 AM by Hathen » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: June 23, 2012, 03:03:50 AM »

Mystic Knight sounds promising. Here's hoping they are the overpowered damage dealers they were in ffv.

Wait fuck, why do I care. No ffxi, bad, get out of my mind!

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 23, 2012, 05:34:00 AM »

Does anyone honestly care anymore? Are memories so short that we've forgotten that an XI expansion is nothing more than marginal vaporware that takes 2 years to fully materialize, of which you will no longer be playing but went ahead and bought your empty box and IOU.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: