Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:10:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334537 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 170215 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #960 on: July 04, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »

Dagger, your best bet for money at the moment is stacks of beehive chips iirc. They always used to sell, and killing lowbie bees is generally easy. Also, do it on your thief for treasure hunter bonus, though I forget what level thief first gets that.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #961 on: July 04, 2012, 02:01:14 PM »

Yeah, they get it at 15, so I have a bit to go.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: July 07, 2012, 03:46:40 AM »

Still enjoying the game though I am mostly playing by myself. I got to 30 on WAR and have started unlocking advanced jobs. I just unlocked DK.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: July 07, 2012, 09:58:04 PM »

Why pay to play, when you can play for free?
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: July 10, 2012, 06:23:32 AM »

what the hell are you talking about.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: July 10, 2012, 09:22:07 AM »

Probably private servers. I have a few friends playing on them..not something I recommend, and something tells me talking about them is a ToS breach of RPGfan...

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: July 10, 2012, 10:05:19 PM »

45 WAR, mid 30's DNC and like 22 THF. I have made a bit of gil and was given some awesome gear. It has been quite fun playing.

Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: July 11, 2012, 12:29:37 PM »

Probably private servers. I have a few friends playing on them..not something I recommend, and something tells me talking about them is a ToS breach of RPGfan...
Yes.

Not something you recommend? And why is that? I couldn't care less about talking about private servers for a 10 year old game on its last legs.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: July 11, 2012, 08:55:02 PM »

Yes.

Not something you recommend? And why is that? I couldn't care less about talking about private servers for a 10 year old game on its last legs.
Because most of the private servers my friends used were full of assholes who enjoyed hacking, and left one of them with an empty character in the middle of Tavnazian Safehold and no way to leave as he hadn't done the quest to get out. As far as he knew, the guy who did it was a gm for the server.

Also, what are you talking about, XI is far from on its last legs. The company just announced a new expansion, and it's player base is still conpromised of a large number of active players, more than enough for squeenix to maintain a profit. Just because you don't have any respect for the game doesn't mean it's multimillion player base doesn't either.

I may not like FFXI anymotr, but I'd be lying if I said the game was dying.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: July 11, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »

FFXI has never had anywhere close to a million concurrent subscribers.  The game at the apex of its glory before World of Warcraft stormed the world surpassed half a million.

Dead accurate on the profitability though.  Square is still making money off of FFXI.
Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: July 11, 2012, 10:36:29 PM »

Yes.

Because most of the private servers my friends used were full of assholes who enjoyed hacking, and left one of them with an empty character in the middle of Tavnazian Safehold and no way to leave as he hadn't done the quest to get out. As far as he knew, the guy who did it was a gm for the server.

Also, what are you talking about, XI is far from on its last legs. The company just announced a new expansion, and it's player base is still conpromised of a large number of active players, more than enough for squeenix to maintain a profit. Just because you don't have any respect for the game doesn't mean it's multimillion player base doesn't either.

I may not like FFXI anymotr, but I'd be lying if I said the game was dying.

Y'know what they say about anecdotes...

XI /is/ on its last legs, though. It may be profitable, but it has been on a decline for years that it will never recover from. Square's been bleeding customers for years. The newly announced expansion is a last ditch effort to keep players from bailing to new and better MMOs.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: July 11, 2012, 11:14:09 PM »

It is not a last ditch effort to retain subscribers.  The people that are still playing XI at this point are playing XI because they like XI and they aren't interested in playing other MMORPGs.  Lord knows there's no shortage of options available.  The new expansion is for the current subscriber-base because the original plan of having them all slowly migrate to XIV didn't play out like they anticipated, at all.  This is no different than SOE releasing yet another expansion for Everquest... SOE is not on a last-ditch effort to keep players from bailing on that game.  All the people that were going to bail had bailed a long time ago.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: July 12, 2012, 02:01:10 AM »

FFXI has never had anywhere close to a million concurrent subscribers.  The game at the apex of its glory before World of Warcraft stormed the world surpassed half a million.

Dead accurate on the profitability though.  Square is still making money off of FFXI.
You think the number is that low? I would have figured at least over 1 mil to warrant a new expansion. Meh, doesn't matter given that every month would mean a roughly translated 6.5 million dollars a month in subscription fees, minus server costs and such. Call me old fashioned, but thats pretty decent bank for a "dying" game.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #973 on: July 12, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »

I'd say the game was definitely dying near the conclusion of WOTG until whatever their plan was didn't pan out. The six-year gap is a clear indication that XIV's performance does have something to do with the renewed interest in updating XI yet again, though I'm still not sure the intent was actually "get people so angry/frustrated so that they move over to another game under the same company".

At any rate, my linkshell all pretty much rejoined the game, which is pretty cool. We're all just taking in some of the newer content but for the most part we're just going back and clearing older content we never got around to or couldn't beat. Mostly they're just getting caught up in terms of levels though.

Whee.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: July 12, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »

You rejoined the game?

You tremendous asshole.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: