Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 12:56:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341278 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 174706 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: July 22, 2012, 03:54:24 PM »

It wasn't just killing the mobs for the quest, it was getting to those ??? points. You have to drop Invis to click on them and then things see you and attack you.

I also don't have the Crawlers Nest map because apparently it is only available through a time consuming quest that I never did.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: July 22, 2012, 04:32:21 PM »

Yeah, I never got it either. If you're playing on pc you should be okay with windower though.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: July 24, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »

I finished the first Limit Break quest. Yay.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: July 25, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »

With the recent changes to parrying, for the first time in the years of playing this game I bluebox'd my parrying for good. Only took about 90 minutes of skilling up.

I've been working on these pants for a while. After probably over 100 tries (never counted) translating into millions of gil, this baby finally popped out. It's near-perfect sans the STP which is off by 1, but given that that's the least important stat I think I'm very happy. Think I'll stay the fuck away from synergy augments from now on unless I'm trying to perfect one of the common stats.

Last time on Conan the Barbarian's sword, I got the Lv80 version (IE useless town wear). Went balls to the wall on Sobek a couple days and got it to the shiny use-able form.

I can zorro slash all day now!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: July 26, 2012, 10:29:58 PM »

Finally got my Destrier Beret! Now to level some of those lower level jobs so I don't get burnt out trying to get to 99.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: July 31, 2012, 01:30:36 AM »

Unlocked the last of the jobs tonight. Fucking SCH and COR took forever because of the running around part. BLU and PUP took a little bit of time, but not nearly as long as the other two.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: August 05, 2012, 08:09:24 PM »

I also went back to FFXI, it has its claws in me now. I got to 70 SAM and 70 WAR in a week and have been having fun doing stuff with Dagg. The low population and streamlined exp system means no competition for experience mobs, no competition for treasure, and basic smooth sailing since my brother is still playing and he's helping me along.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: August 05, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »

Nnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo, I don't want to start playing again. Stop giving me incentive to do so, waaaaahhhhhhh.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: August 05, 2012, 10:53:30 PM »

Don't be a pussy.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: August 06, 2012, 12:55:26 AM »

It has been fun. I am 70 on WAR, working on skilling up to kill Maat. I have to find another Testimony because he has already killed me three times.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: August 06, 2012, 01:31:51 AM »

Have you learned steel cyclone yet on great axe?

@parn It's your fault I got addicted to it. You may as well have shot me up with heroine against my will.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: August 06, 2012, 01:40:27 AM »

Steel Cyclone is a level 71 Trial Weaponskill. Dagg and I are only at level 70 and are preparing for Maat. Dagg lost miserably and I am still buffing up my stats.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: August 06, 2012, 01:55:21 AM »

Yeah, I realize that's not the weaponskill I was thinking of. It's either 200 or 175 G.Axe skill...fuck, I think it's Raging Rush. When I schooled maat on my Drk, I went in with a relatively shit gear set up. Brought a vile elixir for safety (didn't use it), an icarus wing (did use it), and I think there was some item you could use to generate tp at the start of the fight for a bit before maat assaults you. Basically, open up with 2 hour, berserk, and the other one that boosts attack power, and run normaly attacks til mighty strikes wears off, then hit him with a weaponskill, pop the wing, and follow up with skill #2. It worked swimmingly on my drk, but my 2 hour functions very differently. Still, that's why you keep the vile elixir on standby. I'm sure your brother has some better suggestions, but he's a forest rat, he's obviously out of his mind.

Quick edit: yeah, the weaponskill is raging rush that I was thinking of, skill level 200, and it's a critical mod. Scratch what I said somewhat, save your 2 hour, and when you get 100% tp, pop mighty strikes and use raging rush, use icarus wing and pop raging rush again. Not 100% sure, but it's fairly probable that maat should drop like a bitch after that.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:59:39 AM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: August 06, 2012, 01:58:02 AM »

We both have Raging Rush, but Dagg decided he didn't need to cap Great Axe weaponskill before trying to fight Maat and got his ass handed to him at 224/251 GAXE skill That's 27 points of attack/accuracy. :P

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: August 06, 2012, 02:01:41 AM »

Yeah, I'm sure I was capped on scythe skill, so I can't verify efficiency with such a major difference. Could always pop some sushi, though I was always partial to carbonara myself.

Oh yeah, you have sam at 70, maat's easy. 2 hour and pull off a light skill chain, iirc. Should drop him before he gets a second attack off.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: