Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 05:03:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338799 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 173061 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: August 06, 2012, 02:02:55 AM »

Considering that if my accuracy were turned magically into heroin, I'd be a junkie, I think I'll stick with the STR+ food instead.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: August 06, 2012, 02:05:11 AM »

God, the itch is returning....

It would be so easy...reinstalling and resubbing...ignoring everything again...

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: August 06, 2012, 02:07:13 AM »

Considering the exp streamlining, leveling doesn't take you all day anymore, so you can safely gain ten levels in two or three hours. Dagg's only been playing after work and stuff and he got one job to 70 quickly. Of course, having high level pals helps.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: August 06, 2012, 02:10:19 AM »

I'm already drk and war 90, and all my subs outside of nin are 45 or so. It would be easy enough to pal around with you guys when I'm free.

Just out of curiosity, you both play on pc, or 360 (lol no on plays on ps2)

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: August 06, 2012, 02:14:45 AM »

I'm on PC, it'd be a waste of my rig if I played on my 360. Not sure about Dag, but pretty certain he's on PC as well. You want to come back, look in your heart, you know this to be true. We can rule Vana'diel as RPGFanners. Evil RPGFanners though!

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: August 06, 2012, 02:19:18 AM »

As long as my FFXI version doesn't have to cast black magic spells....wait I'm a dark knight  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffff.....

I'll see about renewing for a month tomorrow.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: August 06, 2012, 01:34:22 PM »

I am on PC as well.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: August 06, 2012, 03:10:55 PM »

maat owned my ass many times as monk till i got avengers.that -HP=+ACC really helped my counter rate. a strategy some people have used is to intentionally lvl down to 69 and use an exp scroll in the battle to lvl up and get full hp/mp.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: August 06, 2012, 06:22:59 PM »

Maat was a pansy.  I beat him no probs because I'm awesome like that.  Check it~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MON6inzcM

It wasn't even a close fight.  I still had like, 2/3 of my health.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: August 06, 2012, 07:19:02 PM »

I remember your maat fight, it gave me ideas on how to approach maat on my drk. Still dumbfounded by how many people complain about how hard it was for them on drk, he barely hurt me, think he hit me a total of three times.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: August 06, 2012, 08:36:54 PM »

beat Maat today. I figured out I was using my weaponskill too early. He got too low on health and would then pop his major damage stuff. This time I hit him three times and then WS, icarus wing, ws and dead...

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: August 06, 2012, 09:03:27 PM »

RDM Maat as your first is likely the worst. NIN Maat was pretty easy, was just a slow fight because you just evasion tank him and keep your HP high to make sure 2HR doesn't one-shot you.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: August 06, 2012, 09:21:38 PM »

I'm reading this thread out of curiosity and makes me wonder as well, especially with the streamlining aspects. Hmmm.......

PS: I did Matt as BRD. Took 4 tries, a lot of preparing and borrowed gear. Took me four tries, especially since I needed to level up my sword weaponry and whatnot since I needed to do damage to him.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:24:45 PM by TurnBasedDude » Logged

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: August 07, 2012, 12:45:15 AM »

I only did Maat fight on WHM, which is apparently just "heal yourself for x amount of HP and the fight ends" -- something like that. I used Benediction too early on my first try, got it the second time.

I had SMN leveled, but I don't think I ever bothered to run the Maat fight, even though I kept a SMN testimony in storage.

When I come back for Aldouin, I'll have to do that for kicks and grins.

Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: August 07, 2012, 05:02:54 PM »

I did it on black mage, still remember that I almost died but stunned waterga III at the very last second to save my butt.  I'm just glad I didn't level corsair first... my best friend must have tried that fight 15 times.  It aggravated him so much it made him quit.

By the way, does anybody on here play on Bismarck?  My character name's Alhizzy if any of you want to friend me.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." ~Ron Paul
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: