Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:33:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330191 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 167219 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: August 14, 2012, 03:13:06 AM »

99 achieved, level 2 Resolution great sword weaponskill unlocked. Honestly less impressive than I was told, but it was only level 1 for the duration of my use. Barely broke 800 per use, 2k on a good 300%, but that's general guillotine damage outside of abyssea. Hopefully in another 75 merit points I'll have a better outlook on it.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1036 on: August 14, 2012, 09:38:38 PM »

Got to 99, got warriors charge full, double attack full and berserk recast fully merited. 

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1037 on: August 15, 2012, 01:58:05 AM »

99 achieved, level 2 Resolution great sword weaponskill unlocked. Honestly less impressive than I was told, but it was only level 1 for the duration of my use. Barely broke 800 per use, 2k on a good 300%, but that's general guillotine damage outside of abyssea. Hopefully in another 75 merit points I'll have a better outlook on it.

Of course it isn't impressive- all the merit weapon skills are crap at level 1/2. They don't start getting good until around level 4. The difference between Level 1 and 5 is 80% of mods.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: August 15, 2012, 03:00:54 AM »

Lemme rephrase my statement.

Resolution's damage sucks as of level 3. It's on par with guillotine now, though my scythe is considerably stronger than my gs. Not saying you did, but several other people (we'll call them morons) said resolution is the best gs skill ever, even at level 1. These "morons" are quite brainless, the damage is trash. These same morons also cut ass on me for having on perle armor, meanwhile they're using level 75 equipment with inferior stats because it took 5 years of begging their LS to give them lot rights to it.

This all being said, Resolution is the sexiest WS ever.

TASTY!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: August 20, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »

Why are the ffxi players so fucking stupid? Daggerstrike's been playing for what, 2 months? He's fucking smarter than most of the relic toting morons playing this game. I'm dumbfounded.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: September 12, 2012, 10:47:54 AM »

More shiny new staves for my mages!

After more attempts at Nyzul Isle Uncharted Region, my group cleared floor 100. I am now 15/15 on the floor 100 pieces.

Just a couple shots of some of the "big" monsters they added they added for the Voidwatch battles. I actually really like these designs, I just wish they had some backstory to them other than just some big monsters for the players to fight, particularly Bismarck given that it's appeared in the past FF games, so you'd figure it'd have some kind of significance story-wise.

Finally, something I'd been working on for the last couple months:

At approximately 105000 gil per plate, with 1500 required, upgrading to level 95 cost a total of 157,500,000 gil.
Didn't end there, of course!

Unfortunately Riftdross had raised significantly in price by the time I decided to start buying it, anywhere from 500000-700000 apiece. So taking the average I spent maybe 35,000,000 gil on this stage.
So having spent 190M gil, I think this is the last time I'll ever do something this crazy in the game. Great to be done with this thing at last.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: September 12, 2012, 06:08:30 PM »

Botulus Rex is an asshole. I swear he was headhunting me the entire time my pickup group fought him.

Decided to start monk as my next backup 99, seeing as monk is beloved by all as the DD of choice in abyssea. Figure if I can find a white mage as my best friend, i can duo essentially anything in abyssea, leading to all of my good friends (at this time, daggerstrike ashton and hathen) having everything and anything they need.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: September 12, 2012, 09:43:56 PM »

was thinking of trying this again then remembered i hate equip macros.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: September 28, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »

Got over hurdle one in getting my copy of FFXI going: I got the viewer to update, and this time to a version that doesn't crap out on me. Unfortunately, I can't test to see if I can actually play the game (the second hurdle) unless I actually pay to have a character. And they don't accept Paypal. Fuck.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: September 29, 2012, 02:12:05 PM »

They don't accept paypal, but they do accept direct card payments. I wouldn't recommend Clickandbuy since they're a pretty awful site. Failing that you could get those Ultimate Game Cards I guess, though those things always annoy me because of course the money never lines up properly.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: October 03, 2012, 12:19:41 PM »

Oh yeah, I've had problems with Clickandbuy before. The problem is, I don't have a card anymore, and I'd rather not borrow from my parents again. Ah well, guess it wasn't meant to be.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: December 15, 2012, 05:53:58 AM »

Hmm...!

When ToAU did something like this, it was about 2 months in advance of the expansion's launch. Doesn't seem too plausible with ARR on the horizon, though.

And now, for some random adventures!

Got some shinies to show for it. I've been somewhat lucky with these.

I'm poor again:

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: December 15, 2012, 06:42:19 PM »

you know i think i the style option in dcuo would of solved one of my biggest beefs with this game. i had leaping boots but since they were ugly i bought noct+1

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: December 27, 2012, 06:11:13 AM »

Adoulin site updated with some area and monsters. The release date is interesting- Late March...so are they doing the same sort of thing with ARR and Adoulin as they did with XIV and Abyssea? Hmm.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 10, 2013, 11:40:40 AM »

Interesting bit of news - since they stopped production of the PS2, it looks like FFXI no longer supports the platform. It's been removed from the FFXI and the Seekers of Adoulin site.

FFXI official software page.

Maybe they'll actually get around to that DX9 upgrade they kept dancing around. Though its doubtful we'd see an engine revamp with FFXIV:ARR on the horizon, one can still dream. So many great memories from FFXI.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: