Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 03:02:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334853 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 170804 times)
Alenicus

Sniperwolf2468
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2007, 11:51:54 PM »

is there some LS out there where all of us on RPG Fan could hang out in? lol

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2007, 11:56:09 PM »

RPGFan end-gamers can join BringeroftheDawn, which is the LS I've been in all this long lonesome while.

As for a social LS ... Dennis what are you wielding as a linkpearl? I'm in an old, almost defunct Social LS called OldSchoolElite. We could hijack that, or create something new, or join Dennis's?

Ramza

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2007, 11:59:35 PM »

Didn't Ash and Hathan form an RPGFan ls?

I want to confirm that.

PS: The LS I mainly hang out at is IndakaMoon. My first ls when I was a noob. It's small but still ative. Thrati gave me the pearl.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 12:42:29 AM »

We did make an LS named Unpossible, but we're pretty much considering quitting that to go to another LS (Er, the name slips my head right now) owned by Sevrine, who isn't from RPGFan but was a member of Waterslide. We didn't really want to try to move everyone over to a new LS because that always just creates a bunch of chaos.

Most importantly Sevrine's LS has a few of former Zohar/Solaris/Waterslide/Whatever the hell people in it like Risten and Evalith (though its usually empty), and most notably Valesti. Can't have a complete RPGfan LS without his random legendary rants. :P

So yeah, we're probably going to toss Unpossible and go to Sevrine's LS, since Unpossible only had like 5 people in it anyway. We just made it like 2 days ago, so it's not too bad to quit while we're ahead.

Also, in-game name is Kincard now.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 12:48:30 AM »

If it's cool, Howard, Myau and I would like to tag along.  We need some good contacts and you guys are cool.  :P

Tonight, we had a helpful Japanese fellow help us get our subjob items, so the missus is now a level 18 whm / 9 blm and I'm a level 18 mnk / 7 war.  Back to work tomorrow, so that could very well fuck up my rapid ascension of levels wince I had my nice three day long weekend.  :P

Hooked up one of our PC controllers and that's helping me battle the hardest foe: Retarded controls.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2007, 12:50:05 AM »

Yeah ,I was going to tell you guys but since we're in different time zones it was difficult to catch you guys online, heh.

The LS is called Thistledown, by the way.

Addendum:

Personally vouching that Sevrine is one of the coolest people I've met in the game, he pretty much gets along with everyone except for the biggest of assholes (Who was in our former sky LS, got pissed off when Sevrine won the lot on a Haidate).

Hey, if FlamingDuck/Valesti thinks he's cool, I'm pretty sure that says a lot to you guys. :P
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2007, 01:11:03 AM »

Sevrine is on my friends list. We partied quite a few times since we used to be in the same lvl range for a while. Since I left for nearly a year though, he gots a few 75s under his belt now. How time flies. I'll ask him to join the LS too.

Anyhow, got Bard to 59 and learned Carnage Elegy, the best Elegy spell, horray. I should finally finish G3, and I want to get that damn coffer key for Bard af gloves, the other ther AF gear I find to be good for the job. Since I like to get things in advance, I should bug a friend to help me get Minstel's Coat.

For those curious about the gloves and coat:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Choral_Cuffs
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Minstrel%27s_Coat

Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 05:53:10 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"

(I have a novia earring, which is pretty absurdly good WHM epeen for those of you that weren't aware. But at the end of the day, Noble's Tunic is like ALL a WHM needs).
How do you have a Novia and no Noble's? That sounds like me when I had Aegishjalmr and some other leet PLD gear but no Koenig Hands, the basic/easiest-to-get piece DX Didn't you also say you don't have Sea yet?
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 06:22:39 AM »

False. Shiguma doesn't have sea. I was planning times with him to help him get it.

I finished CoP in July of 2006. I was dedicated to finishing it with a static, and it was EASILY the most enjoyable thing I ever did in the game.

I didn't even get sky access until two months later.

Reason I got Novia before Noble's:

The job I work, I have to work every *other* Sunday night. My LS did sky and sea on alternating weeks on Wednesday and Sunday night. Wednesday nights were "farm" and "lesser" god nights (so like ... in sky we're talking the four gods of the season, or even lower things to get triggers ... in sea it usually meant tier-1 Jailers and the Ix'DRG/DRK/MNKs). Sunday nights were the *big* nights (sky, we'd usually do multiple Kirins, sea we'd do tier2 Jailers and JoL).

So for about a year there, I was *always* at work during sky nights and always had the night off during sea nights. Up until last month, I hadn't missed a single JoL fight my LS did. To date I think we've brought the giant jellyfish down 9 times. We have 5 Novio earrings, 3 Novia earrings, and 3 Love Torques within the LS. I got that third Novia, and I am quite happy to have it.

Then, after the summer, school started up again (I work at a school) and my weekends got moved around. So I actually missed my first JoL two weeks ago, but have been able to attend any and all Kirins. I've now seen him die ... three times? And finally, two nights ago, it dropped Shining Cloth.

I had Dracana do the synth, No HQ but who cares ... I *finally* have a Noble's Tunic.

So if you're interested, here is my current 75WHM/BLM gear setup.

My standard (or "standing") gear:
Main: Light Staff, Pluto's Staff, Earth Staff (if something's beating on me)
Sub: Staff Strap
Ranged: ____
Ammo: Bibiki Seashell (I know ... I just don't want to spend 1m on Hedgehog Bomb!)
Head: Nashira Turban (it's for epeen, but it's decent, Proto-Ultima drop)
Neck: Enlightened Chain
Ear1: Magnetic Earring or Novia Earring (depending on what I'm fighting)
Ear2: Loquacious Earring (no mage should go without it!)
Body: Noble's Tunic
Hands: Healer's Mitts +1 (so awesome, STR and MND +7!!!)
Ring1: Tamas Ring
Ring2: Sapphire Ring (if in Assault/Salvage, Balrahn's Ring)
Back: Rainbow Cape (eventually hope to get something better, but it works nicely)
Waist: Heirarch Belt (unless it's lightsday/light weather, then I have Korin Obi for big cure-boost and Banish-boost).
Legs: Blessed Trousers (very basic, but it's got so much good stuff. MND+6, some Haste+ on it, can't go wrong)
Feet: Rostrum Pumps

Changes if I'm going for a "max mp" setup:

Head: Zenith Crown
Ear1: Magnetic Earring *always*
Legs: Zenith Slacks
(currently my max mp with gear is like ... 1168. Finishing up mp merits and hoping to get more mp+ gear to reach 1300).

Changes if I'm going for a DD WHM/NIN setup (and trust me, I LOVE to do this):

STAFF
Main: Kirin's Pole (used to do Eight-Sided +1, but I like Kirin's more)
Sub: Mythril Grip +1 (some good stats on this one)

CLUB
Main: Purgatory mace (DMG41, STR and MND +3, sometimes Stuns)
Sub: Darksteel Maul (DMG39, Att+10)
I have much to earn in the way of good clubs. I hope to get Sea Wolf and Sea Robber's Cudgels, Prudence Rod, and Morgenstern's for different scenarios. I even have lofty goals of finishing up relic maul (Mjollnir), because you *recover mp* with each hit you do ... I'd NEVER have to rest again and always be in the middle of the action ... but that is a dream that will probably go unfulfilled.

Head: Optical Hat (for the acc)
Neck Chivalrous Chain (for acc, STR, and not having to spend ludicrous gil on Peacock Charm)
Ear1: If I'm "clubbing," Suppanomimi. If Staff, usually Magnetic since I'm not as worried about hate control.
Body: Reverend Mail (graphically, it looks like a Haubergeon. It's a WHM75 only gear, and it basically gives hauby stats ... Acc+10 is what I need from it most)
Hands: Healer's Mitts +1 (again, this isn't a gear swap, but I have to emphasize STR and MND +7. Why would SE give STR+7 on a WHM-specific gear if they *didn't* want me smacking things now and then?!)
Ring2: Ruby Ring (STR+4 thank you!)
Waist: Potent Belt (Acc+8 STR+3 and some Store TP I think... very decent belt. It's standard for most DDs, but for WHM it's the best you can get)

So that's me. What am I lacking as a WHM? Other than the clubs I mentioned, the notables are:

1) Hedgehog Bomb
2) any AF2 (I'm a Dynamis n00b, but plan to start up soon)
3) any salvage gear (I'm working on this, will own the full Marduk set someday I PROMISE)
4) more HQ staves (I plan on taking SMN to 75, so for this reason, they'll be important, so far I'm only at Dark +1 ... they're EXPENSIVE)
5) the Templar Mace / Holy Shield setup (this seems extraneous to me, but I might spring for them someday. I like wielding light staff w/ staff strap though and it basically gives me all I need)
6) more Zenith gear for max MP (hands and feet, I can't imagine owning a Dalmatica...)
7) an "mp rest" macro setup. I haven't even put this together yet, but I realized it's basically the next thing I need as a WHM. If I wanted to go all out, I'd take the Yigit set. But number one on the radar is the relaxing earring, which I'm getting materials for right now.
8) a sea "gorget" for weapon skills. I plan on making a light gorget. All I need now are 2 (yes, two...sigh...) Yovra Organs.

As a WHM, you can see that I'm *definitely* an end-game player, with pretty good stuff, but I don't think that exactly makes me a l33t WHM. Any and all advice from the RPGFan community would help me with my gear acquisition!

THere's also merits, but that's a whole other discussion...I've only spent about 35 merit points to date, so I have a loooong way to go. But I finished up WHM Group 2 which is good. I capped Devotion and unlocked everything else.

Ramza (I'm going to start signing out of this forum as...)
TONE

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2007, 10:21:20 AM »

Tonelico has {sea}, I do not.  I was working on it in a static back in 2006, but due to unexpected issues, I stopped playing for a while.  Hence, I am a little behind in that regard.  However, I've had {sky} since God was a boy, and have killed Kirin no less than ~20 times.  But yeah, anyway, Pat's being a good man and lending me a hand finishing PMs.  After that, I'll probably participate (as much as the time difference allows, since we are on opposite ends of the world) in {sea} runs with his LS.  So that's that, lol.

Tonight!  COR 37 --> COR 41.  In an... unconventional party, heh.  SAM, SAM, SAM, SAM, COR, RDM. o_O;  Worked well [enough], though, and I now have Evoker's Roll and Quick Draw.  I will start + finish the AF Weapon quest tomorrow evening.  Goddamn if this isn't the most expensive job in the world, though.  Two nights ago, I received this lovely message from the AH:

"You buy the 12 Bullet Pouches for 75,000 Gil."

That's 1188 Bullets, and I swear, I've used damn near /half/ of that total in the last two experience sessions.  Ammunition, Dice, Food, and now ELEMENTAL CARDS (Quick Draw)... Plus, 3 of the 5 AF Armor pieces aren't quested, they simply involve, once again, SPENDING MONEY at the AH for synthesis materials.  Good lord. :P

Alenicus

Sniperwolf2468
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2007, 01:45:28 PM »

I feel so gimped being a level 75 with no sky :(  ... dam ZM 5 with your little Get these Headstones NOW! ...hate that mission

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2007, 03:04:17 PM »

Well I still play once in awhile(I play WoW now), mainly sunday and wednesday nights.  If anyone needs any help feel free to ask me.  But I dunno if I'd join an LS, not that I'm in an HNMLS since I'm not, but for other reasons.  Still feel free to gimme a holler.

Naea

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2007, 10:06:01 PM »

Thanks to Valesti (Dios GX) on the boards, I got the Castle Vahzl Baileys key. Even though he was a 75 thf with great gear, it was such a pain to get since the drop rate is low AND respawns take a long time. If Square-Enix makes the droprate better or faster repawns, that would be nice.

For those who ever want to get AF for BRD, WAR or PLD, good luck. It's hell. :p

Ventrue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 07:07:04 AM »

Quote from: "Ramza"
False. Shiguma doesn't have sea. I was planning times with him to help him get it.

I finished CoP in July of 2006. I was dedicated to finishing it with a static, and it was EASILY the most enjoyable thing I ever did in the game.
Ahh ok. I saw you posting about helping Shiguma with 6-4 before so I assumed you weren't done with it either.
Yeah I did CoP with a static in 2006 as well, and I agree that leading the group through it was the best experience I've had in the game.

And that explains why you got Novia's before Noble's. The reason I didn't get Koenig Hands before other stuff was that everytime I attended to Genbu fights it wouldn't drop, and when it did drop, I wasn't there. ~.~

And yeah I don't know much about WHM gear, but you seem to be fine, the only urgent piece you could get now is the obligatory Apollo's Staff (why Pluto's and no Apollo's?!). The rest you are aware already. What AF2 pieces WHM uses btw? And what about the AF+1, is there any useful piece for your job?

SMN eh? Camp for Yinyang Robe before you start leveling it XD (I remember shortly before I quit FFXI we used to camp Shikigami for weeks until we decked out 8 people with the Robes, they all leveled SMN eventually) and work on that Bahamut's Staff later X)

I'll check with some friends later about gear and merits for WHM and if they have any piece of advice I'll post it over for ya ^^
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 08:47:15 AM »

Obtained: Trump Gun!

And believe me, it was a pain in the ass.  I needed not one, but /two/ Lamian Fang Keys, which drop off of Level 68-72 mobs and are a little tough to solo.  So, a friend came out on her 75 SMN and assisted w/ the farming effort for an hour, but to no avail.

Then, she asks me "Can the Iron Door be opened w/ Thief's Tools?"  I checked the ever-useful FFXIclopedia, and lo-and-behold, it could!  So, she switched to her 75 THF (this girl has SEVEN 75 Jobs... BST, DRK, PLD, RDM, RNG, SMN, THF) and BAM, the door opened and the first quest was completed.

I'm left wondering "Why does an AF1 Quest for a Level 40 Gun involve killing Level 68-72 mobs and sneaking through endgame zones," but hey, whatever. :P

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: