Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 03:10:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334764 Posts in 13710 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 170580 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2007, 11:02:02 AM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
I'm left wondering "Why does an AF1 Quest for a Level 40 Gun involve killing Level 68-72 mobs and sneaking through endgame zones," but hey, whatever. :P

Because it was introduced in an expansion focused toward end-game content?

Why the hell are you bitching about FFXI being hard?  Shut your face.  IF YOU WANTED EASY, YOU WOULD PLAY WOW!

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2007, 01:35:32 PM »

Quote from: "Ventrue"
And yeah I don't know much about WHM gear, but you seem to be fine, the only urgent piece you could get now is the obligatory Apollo's Staff (why Pluto's and no Apollo's?!). The rest you are aware already. What AF2 pieces WHM uses btw? And what about the AF+1, is there any useful piece for your job?

Lessee...

I got Pluto's for a really good price. Apollo's is *mad* expensive. Eventually I hope to own all 8 HQs since I'm taking up SMN (I'd sell back most if I get Bahamut's Staff, which I may end up with BEFORE YY Robe...so backwards...).

What AF2 do WHMs use? Really, not much. I honestly think my present gear is better than any piece of AF2 in almost any situation. The only thing I really want is the AF2 body (Cleri'c Briault). Reason being, it adds +3 to any regen spell. I'm working on maxing out regen potency in merits, so a Regen III would be 28hp/tick, and Regen II would be 20hp/tick. As you may know, Regen II sticks much longer than III, so I could essentially cast a long-lasting Regen II, or a super-effective Regen III.

Cleric's Mitts (AF2 hands) are also useful in particular scenarios. It gives a crazy dmg bonus vs undead w/ Banish, and it's Enfeebling mag +15. However...

you asked about AF+1. As you may have already seen on my list, I already have one piece of AF+1, which is the Healer's Mitts +1. Arguably the best hands a WHM could have. MP +15 Strength +7 Mind +7 Healing Magic Skill +15 Enmity -4. The only thing I'd ever want in its place is Zenith Mitts for super-duper mp and possibly banish-casting since it gives MagAtt Bonus. But that's low priority. Other AF+1 that I'd possibly getting is the feet: MP +15 Agility +5 Intelligence +5 Spell Interruption Rate -25%
MP Regeneration While Healing +1. Currently I wear Rostrum Pumps, INT and MND +3, enhances "Fast Cast." So that's about it there.

SMN eh? Camp for Yinyang Robe before you start leveling it XD (I remember shortly before I quit FFXI we used to camp Shikigami for weeks until we decked out 8 people with the Robes, they all leveled SMN eventually) and work on that Bahamut's Staff later X)

Yeah ... getting YY Robe will be a joyous experience. /sarcasm

I'm not looking forward to the Shikigami hunt. But I am looking forward to owning it. That piece of gear is absurdly good.

I'll check with some friends later about gear and merits for WHM and if they have any piece of advice I'll post it over for ya ^^

Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Tone

PS - I helped Dennis last night with the rest of G3, so now his bard is cleared to level to 70, then he gets to take on what might be the toughest Maat fight in the game. If anyone's done the research, it's a given that Bard vs. Maat is like, the hardest thing ever.

Alenicus

Sniperwolf2468
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2007, 04:03:28 PM »

I got THF up to level 13 today before I had to log to go to work....

Please say I can level in the dunes now! i'm sick of solo'ing and for once i'm actually wanting! to be in the dunes.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2007, 05:25:35 PM »

GOt two of three Kazham keys and spent a good three to four hours doing the Selbina sheep quest to max out Bastok/Sandy/Jeuno fame. After finishing that, I did all the Gobbiebag quests.

24 WAR, 17 THF. I can't level WAR anymore because I have to go to Kazham now. I just need the Giddeus Chest key...

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2007, 07:52:57 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
I'm left wondering "Why does an AF1 Quest for a Level 40 Gun involve killing Level 68-72 mobs and sneaking through endgame zones," but hey, whatever. :P

Because it was introduced in an expansion focused toward end-game content?

The expansions are /all/ focused toward end-game content. :P  Apparently, the COR AF3 BCNM is a cakewalk, and since 3/5 of the body pieces amount to "buying materials from the AH," I don't understand why the AF1 involved so much running around and farming keys.  You'd think the AF3 would be the hardest, AF1 the easiest (and easily soloable), like /every other job/ in the game, lol.

Quote from: "Ramza"
Yeah ... getting YY Robe will be a joyous experience.

Bard vs. Maat is like, the hardest thing ever.

It's not too terrible... or perhaps, my LS was super lucky.  About 2 weeks ago, we finished our {sky} run for the morning, then someone noticed a metric ton of people running around Ro'Maeve.  We wandered down, someone on our side ended up w/ a Shikigami Weapon claim about 2 minutes later, and BAM, the robe dropped.  Third (or fourth?) one in the LS.

Red Mage vs. Maat is probably close, if not harder.  Maat + Chainspell = {fear}, lol.

Quote from: "Alenicus"
Please say I can level in the dunes now! i'm sick of solo'ing and for once i'm actually wanting! to be in the dunes.

You'll be much more instrumental to a party Level 15+ w/ Sneak Attack.

Quote from: "Leyviur"
I just need the Giddeus Chest key...

If I'm not stuck w/ more overtime at work, I'll lend you a hand tonight.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2007, 08:40:07 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
I just need the Giddeus Chest key...

If I'm not stuck w/ more overtime at work, I'll lend you a hand tonight.
Er, too late. I used my brother's account on another comp and killed one Yagudo and the key dropped. >_>

Hooray! More WAR leveling. :P

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2007, 10:05:18 PM »

This week has been productive. Pat and Alenicus/Thrati helped me out with different parts of G3. Risten and Nall helped me get BRD legs and gloves.

Though I still don't have head and body for brd, they're not as important for now so screw coffers for now. I'm done with those atm :p

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2007, 03:13:23 AM »

so far this week has kinda sucked for me i havent had an invite since last week on drg(57) so i soloed most of the AF for it then got annoyed that i cant just go hundred fist the AF3 NM since you have to have your wyvern called for the 2 shadow nm's to pop =/ a lot of my ls has shifted to earlier times over the years so its hard for me to get help with stuff at night. oh i had to kill dark spark twice to clear the sam af gloves quest... oh well back to drg/blu soloing for 2k an hour  >_<

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2007, 05:48:47 AM »

Now that I am somewhat satisfied w/ Leyviur's sig (and am bored while LFG at the moment), I am taking TWO commissions, on a first-come first-serve basis.  Tonelico has the first slot; the first person to respond w/ the following information will have the second.

1.  Your character's race, face, and hair color.
2.  Your character's classes (two maximum) and their respective equipment.  Equipment should reflect your character's actual gear and not be /too/ outrageous.
3.  The pose(s) you would like the character(s) performing.
4.  The desired background and color scheme.
5.  The thickness of the border.  Personally, I like thick borders, but Levit and Leyviur wanted thinner ones, so those are two good reference points.
6.  And finally, text.  Personally, I like cramming /lots/ of information about my character's job levels, mission status etc. in the signature.  Levit and Leyviur's take a more minimalistic approach.  And think of a cool quote, too.

Please post this information too, Pat, so I can start crackin' on yours. :)

----------

Tonight's progress: 41 COR --> 44.5 COR!  That is all.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2007, 11:40:07 AM »

WAR 30. Unlocked NIN, flagged SAM.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2007, 12:42:18 PM »

Tonight's progress: 41 COR --> 44.5 COR!  That is all.

I thought you were going for 75 in one night :P

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
WDNall

WDrgnNall@gmail.com WDrgnNall
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2007, 11:01:22 PM »

Hey :) got SAM from 4 to 9 today and fully regeared dark knight :) Hey Shig i'd like to request the open slot. i'll post the info later tonight :3

WDN

psn id WDNall
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2007, 11:26:36 PM »

{All right!} Tonelico and Wdnall shall be the next recipients.

Alenicus

Sniperwolf2468
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2007, 02:34:10 AM »

Today was a big day for me,

I got THF from lvl 13 to lvl 15 and went farming with a friend and managed to get a stack of Tree Cuttings and a stack of Boyhada Moss...he let me have all of it (totalling in over 50k of gil!) sorry thats alot for me in exchange that I help him with the BST AF pants...which went easy as hell.

Than after all that me and him went to Kazham and guess what...I finally got my Elshimo Marbel for the Teleport-Yhoat quest :D

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2007, 03:36:39 AM »

Alright, time to do this.

1. Your character's race, face, and hair color.
2. Your character's classes (two maximum) and their respective equipment. Equipment should reflect your character's actual gear and not be /too/ outrageous.
3. The pose(s) you would like the character(s) performing.
4. The desired background and color scheme.
5. The thickness of the border. Personally, I like thick borders, but Levit and Leyviur wanted thinner ones, so those are two good reference points.
6. And finally, text. Personally, I like cramming /lots/ of information about my character's job levels, mission status etc. in the signature. Levit and Leyviur's take a more minimalistic approach. And think of a cool quote, too.

1. Tarutaru, face ... I dunno! What are the options? He has silver hair.
2. I am WHM onry, but I want two different geared pictures. One is my mage-y WHM/BLM, the other is my fighting WHM/NIN.

For WHM/BLM --
Weapon - Light Staff
Head - Nashira Turban
Body - Noble's Tunic
Hands - Healer's Mitts +1
Legs - either Blessed Trousers or Zenith Slacks (whatever you think looks cooler)
Feet - Rostrum Pumps

For WHM/NIN --
Weapons - Purgatory Mace, Darksteel Maul
Head - Optical Hat
Body - Reverend Mail (same design as hauby I believe)
Hands - Healer's Mitts +1
Legs - Blessed Trousers fo sho
Feet - Rostrum Pumps

for WHM/BLM, go for /kneel I think.
for WHM/NIN, see if you can either get a funny looking /panic, or else some sort of battle/attack pose

background? If you can get it, I want my background to be of Sea. You know, Al'Taieu? You can probably find some nice hi-res screens of it. I live there baby! The color scheme here is light blue, dark blue, pink, white ... you'll see when you look at it. It's awesome.

Border, basically what Levit has, but a color that fits with Al'Taieu.

6. Text ... let's see

Tonelico - Leviathan - 75WHM
Windurst Rank 10
ZM cleared, PM cleared, AU cleared
"I heal my friends, but I club my enemies."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: