Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 08:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329320 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 166048 times)
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2008, 07:50:27 PM »

Your friend on Fenrir isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. :P

I am a 75 COR.  Like BRD, it is one of the most demanded jobs in the game.  Unlike BRD, it is one of the most expensive jobs in the game.  Unless you have the disposable income to spend 30k+ per party on bullets, elemental cards, food, and ninjutsu tools, in addition to keeping up w/ dice and other equipment (3/5 COR AF, for instance, requires purchasing ~400k in synthesis materials off the AH), I'd recommend BRD.

Switch servers to Leviathan, my friend.  It's better here.  I run full-time with a HNMLS, so I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands, but I (and Levit, Kincard, and Tonelico) can definitely hook you up w/ some friendly, helpful linkshells.  You'll have so much fun, you won't even *think* about that silly "Warcraft" game again. ;)

ValendianKnight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: March 13, 2008, 12:33:23 AM »

Haha, you're probably going to have to give me 'till Friday for that, but I'm down. Oh, and I hope you're right haha.

"Life Ends so fast, so take your chance and make it last..."
-Chuck Schuldiner(Death)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: March 13, 2008, 10:35:20 AM »

Doesn't matter what order you level your subs in since you're going to need to level them all anyway.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: March 13, 2008, 02:01:12 PM »

/NIN should still be first.  This will...

1.  Get him merit invites immediately on DRK/NIN.  /THF is for Gods, /SAM is for TP Burns.  Since {sky} is still in the distant future for him, and TP Burn parties are a little less popular than they used to be, doing /NIN first will give him the flexibility to do some meriting on DRK while he churns out his subjobs.  

2.  Serve as a subjob for his *other* subjobs.  SAM/WAR is fine, but THF/NIN is generally preferred over THF/WAR.

3.  Let him sneak/invis cheaply and conveniently for future missions, quests etc.  Monomi and Tonko tools are much cheaper than Silent Oils and Prism Powders, and they're 99 stacks instead of 12 stacks.  Cutting costs and saving space are important.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: March 13, 2008, 02:08:20 PM »

Listen to Shiguma.

AoE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: March 13, 2008, 03:20:22 PM »

Unfortunately, I wasn't too particularly impressed with the update.

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.
Nede - Mithra | Windurst - Rank 10 | Fairy
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: March 13, 2008, 05:00:18 PM »

Curiosity getting the best of me and checking details on KI I have to vote retaliation the most badass ability with no point whatsoever. A huge tanking damage/hate increase..to a job that can't take a hit :P
ValendianKnight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: March 13, 2008, 05:45:20 PM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
/NIN should still be first.  This will...

1.  Get him merit invites immediately on DRK/NIN.  /THF is for Gods, /SAM is for TP Burns.  Since {sky} is still in the distant future for him, and TP Burn parties are a little less popular than they used to be, doing /NIN first will give him the flexibility to do some meriting on DRK while he churns out his subjobs.  

2.  Serve as a subjob for his *other* subjobs.  SAM/WAR is fine, but THF/NIN is generally preferred over THF/WAR.

3.  Let him sneak/invis cheaply and conveniently for future missions, quests etc.  Monomi and Tonko tools are much cheaper than Silent Oils and Prism Powders, and they're 99 stacks instead of 12 stacks.  Cutting costs and saving space are important.

Alright, you've convinced me. My NIN is at level 18 so it's not going to take too long for 37. I'll do SAM and THF(respectively)after that. As for a new job, I've decided to avoid tank/healing/DD jobs and go for support jobs. So I'm stuck on the following, so let me know which of them I should go for(SCH, COR, BRD, RDM, SMN(?), DNC(?)). I know a lot of you said BRD, but still. I'm more excited about RDM and COR, though COR might have to be passed on because of the cost issue.

"Life Ends so fast, so take your chance and make it last..."
-Chuck Schuldiner(Death)
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: March 13, 2008, 08:05:12 PM »

Quote from: "Raze"
Curiosity getting the best of me and checking details on KI I have to vote retaliation the most badass ability with no point whatsoever. A huge tanking damage/hate increase..to a job that can't take a hit :P

Retaliation is like Seigan.  It has some situational uses.  Pretty decent in Salvage (and Dreamworld Dynamis, I suppose) and has a ~20% proc rate.  Could be a lot worse, although it is far from "omg awesome" like Sekkanoki.  

ValendianKnight: RDM, SCH, and SMN are all good options.  37 DNC is a useful sub, but 75 DNC currently has a very undefined role in the endgame scene.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: March 14, 2008, 07:16:17 PM »

Quote from: "ValendianKnight"
My NIN is at level 18 so it's not going to take too long for 37.

Come to leviathan soon. I have RDM and SCH at 18 and I'd love to take one of them to 37 with your NIN. Static-ing with a NIN tank through that level-range is awesome.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: March 15, 2008, 10:37:47 AM »

how good is retaliation? i ask because im a career monk and will be livid if its anywhere near as good as counterstance. the last great update monk got was destroyers D:

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: March 15, 2008, 06:36:25 PM »

The proc rate on Retaliation is about 15% I hear, but as I recall, you still take damage with Retaliation. So it's actually exactly what it's called- you still get hit, you just hit them back.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: March 16, 2008, 07:52:54 PM »

Some updates:

- I'm up to AM42 "Path of Darkness," the second to last battle in the expansion.  Overall, Treasures of Aht Urghan has been disappointing in both the challenge and story departments, compared to the awesomeness that was Chains of Promathia.  However, the cinematics are pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to putting Balrahn's Ring to good use on my RDM.

- My Runic Disc (Nyzul Isle) is now Floor 80!  I picked up a Goliard Chapeau, AKA "Stoneskin Hat" or "Psychedelic Rodeo Hat" if you prefer, from Floor 100 the other day.  I don't intend to use it, well, for anything.  But I have it. :P

- I've been doing a couple "normal" Assaults here and there when members of my Nyzul Isle PT are busy.  Completed "Breaking Morale" the other day, which was a weird mission.  It was like Metal Gear Solid (as in, sneaking around and evading enemies), except there's only one evasion tool at your disposal and using it *kills you* after about 30 seconds.  That was, uh, interesting. :P

That's all for now, I suppose.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: March 16, 2008, 08:07:34 PM »

Shiggy!

I <3 normal assault missions. I've got Captain. I'd gladly come on ANY assault run with you if you need someone. :)

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: March 17, 2008, 11:39:50 AM »

Slaughtered Amnaf in AM42.  I am now on AM44 "Nashmeira's Plea," the final battle!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: