Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 12:38:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338577 Posts in 13859 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 172826 times)
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: March 22, 2008, 11:41:15 PM »

Beat "Nashmeira's Plea," 1/3.  Did it as PLD MNK lolBST BLM RDM WHM.  There's a lot of luck involved in that battle; Raubahn was a joke, but Alexander's constant spamming of Gospel of the Lost was a little troublesome.  Ah well, it's finally over, and I have a shiny Balrahn's Ring, Imperial Standard, and Glory Crown as spoils from the adventure.

Oh, and <3 Campaign <3.

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: March 23, 2008, 12:55:41 PM »

Title: Sandworm Wrangler

Unfortunately, Sandworm didn't drop Gogo.  Hell, it didn't even use Draw In.  It did, however, repeatedly remove all of the tank's clothes, and has thus earned Aeliana's "Most Perverted HNM" award.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2008, 08:55:41 AM »

Things have been rather uneventful, but I guess I should interrupt this by posting a random NM for teh winz.

And to the victor go the spoils.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: March 29, 2008, 02:07:24 PM »

omg double post D:

Finished a quest today, end of the Mannequin quests thread. I can now pose my mannequin! Whee.

One thing I think WoW doesn't have, is the cinematic storytelling done in FFXI. Seeing stories like this just make you fall in love with the game all over again. Don't want to spoil it, but here's a little snippet to give you an idea:

Despite being rather predictable, it was still pretty heavy when it's actually seen.

Random screenshot of the day:

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #394 on: March 29, 2008, 02:52:57 PM »

Quote from: "Hathen"
One thing I think WoW doesn't have, is the cinematic storytelling done in FFXI. Seeing stories like this just make you fall in love with the game all over again.

Actually, one thing WoW is moving more towards is cinematics during raid events and raid instances.  I know there's a quest chain in Karazhan (the first ten-man raid instance a character would do) that spells out the story behind one of the bosses.  Yes, it's not quite as pervasive as the cinematics in WoW, but they certainly do exist.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
ValendianKnight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: March 29, 2008, 03:58:32 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
Quote from: "Hathen"
One thing I think WoW doesn't have, is the cinematic storytelling done in FFXI. Seeing stories like this just make you fall in love with the game all over again.

Actually, one thing WoW is moving more towards is cinematics during raid events and raid instances.  I know there's a quest chain in Karazhan (the first ten-man raid instance a character would do) that spells out the story behind one of the bosses.  Yes, it's not quite as pervasive as the cinematics in WoW, but they certainly do exist.

Now, if only there were more of those.

"Life Ends so fast, so take your chance and make it last..."
-Chuck Schuldiner(Death)
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: March 31, 2008, 02:46:54 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfUyTLXwkt4

Captain America teaches NA party values!

Taru WHM: "Okay guys, let's all use food to better increase our stats and abilities!"
Captain America: "AMERICA FUCK YEAH"
Captain America: "You vile monster!  Disgracing the NA ways by using FOOD in an EXP PT!"
Captain America: "What do you think you are?  JAPANESE?"

Freedom prevails, bitches.

ValendianKnight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: March 31, 2008, 07:32:17 AM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfUyTLXwkt4

Captain America teaches NA party values!

Taru WHM: "Okay guys, let's all use food to better increase our stats and abilities!"
Captain America: "AMERICA FUCK YEAH"
Captain America: "You vile monster!  Disgracing the NA ways by using FOOD in an EXP PT!"
Captain America: "What do you think you are?  JAPANESE?"

Freedom prevails, bitches.

Holy shit, that's just GOLD. Oh my god lol.

-Chuck Schuldiner(Death)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: March 31, 2008, 08:54:17 AM »

While Dancer sucks in endgame, I'm relatively sure being able to do this solo is the definition of broken:

ValendianKnight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: March 31, 2008, 06:41:12 PM »

So yeah, in case any of you still remember, there is a reason I didn't trasnfer to Laviathan: I kind of gave up again. I mean, I tried, I really did. I just can't   put myself through it. I'm not able to level /nin since I'm broke, and I felt like doing something new, so I tried picking whm up, taking it to 37 and be the RDM I've always wanted to be. I'm level 8 and I can't really imagine myself walking around outside Sandy looking for things to kill(barely....)as a whm. I don't know, but maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't stay logged on for more then 20 minutes at a time anymore without finding myself frustrated/bored. <sigh> And I WANT to get back into this game, I really do. Oh well.

-Chuck Schuldiner(Death)
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: March 31, 2008, 07:43:56 PM »

Everything in Final Fantasy XI is a *lot* more tedious if you lack friends, and consequently, motivation.  Don't quit.  Come to motherfuckin' Leviathan. :P

Quote from: "Kincard"
While Dancer sucks in endgame, I'm relatively sure being able to do this solo is the definition of broken...

I wouldn't say "the definition of broken" really, BLMs and BLUs have been doing that for years.  And for 300-450 Exp (without band), too. :P  The definition of broken is BLUs spamming Head Butt and stunning every mob in Vana'diel for 12 MP and a 10 second recast.

I hit 68 BLM (and my Black Cloak!) last night.  Despite the "BLM sucks on TOAU mobs" stigma, I've been fairly successful putting parties together on BLM.  I serve as a Curaga + Silena whore in Caedarva Mire and rake in effortless exp.  It's much more entertaining than soloing Qiqirn RNGs (although those are sweet, sweet mobs) and 9k/hour is a modest haul.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: March 31, 2008, 08:26:30 PM »

I wouldn't say "the definition of broken" really, BLMs and BLUs have been doing that for years.

I remember going up on that 40 cap floating island in tavnazia and soloing those hippogriffs that parties always say to stay the hell away from on blu. I think I took on some dragons up there too. Scary, but awesome fights.

Job even had me level a whm sub. That's how good it was :P
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: April 02, 2008, 04:18:55 AM »

I dunno, I guess I don't often hit this kind of efficiency soloing at level ~30, even on BLU. Though I will admit the times I soloed on BLU, I didn't use food/juice, so that probably affected it quite a bit.

Hit max Campaign rank, and when I hit max rank in something, you KNOW its time to fucking update it:

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: April 02, 2008, 11:35:55 AM »

Obtained key item: Whisper of the Wyrmking.

That's right, I finished Bahamut V1 "Storms of Fate" this evening!  Epic battle, did it the "traditional" way without Ridill WARs and Kraken Club DRKs.  Just a good ol' fashioned [Japanese] shout group.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: April 03, 2008, 01:14:20 PM »

I put off Assault for a while, but I got a chance to do Nyzul with some newbies today, which was pretty fun.

As a result, I got my 5th new-mission clear for my rank, since it was my first time, so I went out and found the footprint pretty fast.

In addition, I've decided to start soliing avatars every now and then since my DNC sub is just about done (About 2k off 37).

So tonight I went for the last whisper I need for my Moon Bauble, Leviathan. On my way there, go figure I see this guy up, running around for a quite a while before someone came along and decided to claim him:

Funny, considering how just a few days ago there was a decent amount amount of people camping against me.

I was actually going to try to solo Leviathan last night, but when I got to the protocrystal, I realized I hadn't flagged the quest. *insert failure music* So I flagged it and went to bed, and went to solo him today. I basically keep myself in top notch shape the whole fight until they hit under 50%, which is when I brace for a huge impact.

Apparently, full HP on a Tarutaru Ninja is not always enough to endure this heavily huge-pronged assault on my ass.

Go figure the avatar I can't solo is the one the server is named after.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: