Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 06:02:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319787 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XI - Journal!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XI - Journal!  (Read 158973 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: June 07, 2009, 11:50:16 PM »

Wouldn't recommend leveling Ninja just for the sneak/invis magic spells (Which are quite expensive on the auction house), I think you can jump into PLD right away comfortably if that's what you want to play as your mainjob. If you want to solo the quest, you can use silent oils/prism powders, which are somewhat expensive but you only need so many of them. And you can just take a level 1 job so you can commit suicide to get back to home point when you're done checking whatever ??? you needed to do.
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #736 on: June 08, 2009, 12:12:45 AM »

Goddamn, this is one thing they need to fix in FFXIV. If you make it so people need to party, make it easier for them to hook up for chissake.

I wanna get back into this, but I'm 53... There's no point unless I can get a semi-static group going or find a relevant group of people that are still building up their characters.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #737 on: June 08, 2009, 12:47:55 AM »

I decided to jump back into this game. I am trying to figure out what to level and have been messing around with Monk. I always enjoyed monk. I am hoping to find some folks to play with, but there are not a lot of new people playing.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: June 08, 2009, 07:12:00 AM »

I should probably get you into the linkshell I'm in.  Fair number of low level folks.  That and I have a level 26 WHM that needs leveling.  Level sync will let us party starting at level 10.
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: June 08, 2009, 09:38:07 AM »

I should probably get you into the linkshell I'm in.  Fair number of low level folks.  That and I have a level 26 WHM that needs leveling.  Level sync will let us party starting at level 10.

You guys are still on Leviathan, I'm assuming?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:07:21 PM by Myau » Logged

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #740 on: June 08, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »

Yep, nothing's changed in that regard.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: June 08, 2009, 06:56:05 PM »

Considering I haven't logged on FFXI for 3 or 4 months now, I think I'm pretty much "retired" again... at least for the foreseeable future, haha.  Nice to see you all are still having fun and making progress, and I'll see you on FFXIV!

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #742 on: June 08, 2009, 09:21:13 PM »

I made a THF named Curta. He is in Bastok. If anyone feels like chatting look me up.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: June 08, 2009, 10:17:53 PM »

I wasn't on this evening, but I shall be tomorrow.  I will hit you up and give you a linkpearl.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: June 08, 2009, 10:49:34 PM »

Just got the Paladin job and I'm on level 7 on that.

What's the best way to make money in this game? Selling stacks of crystals is rarely getting me any money. I'd be lucky to be able to sell them at 1000 gil per stack.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #745 on: June 09, 2009, 01:29:24 PM »

Goddamn, this is one thing they need to fix in FFXIV. If you make it so people need to party, make it easier for them to hook up for chissake.

Personally I find Level Sync to be the best thing they ever added- it's not much easier to get a party than this. Really, you could just grab 2 friends you know and just FoV all the way to 75 if you really wanted to.

What's the best way to make money in this game? Selling stacks of crystals is rarely getting me any money. I'd be lucky to be able to sell them at 1000 gil per stack.

Save up any beastman seals you have, or turn them into the guy that holds them in Port Jeuno (Forgot the name, Shami or something), eventually you'll be able to use those to make money.

Before then though, I'd recommend bees. The bees on Zegham Hill of North Gustaberg are a pretty good place to farm (Along with goblins and bats). Beehive chips sell for 3000 a stack, honey for maybe 3-4000. If you're not from bastok, Crawlers in Windurst drop silk threads which are rare drops but sell for about 10k a stack, and they drop crawler calculus which can be turned in 3 at a time for 600 gil + some fame. I'm not sure about Sandy though. Unless you have a security token (And thus have effectively 60 slots of inventory with the satchel), space can be a bit of an issue if you don't manage your equipment well, so you might want to save some gil and get a bigger bag sometime soon.

And for people who haven't seen it yet, the POL site just announced another update is coming in late July (Which probably means like the 30th or something I'll bet), and it shows a picture of winter lands, so I think expecting Glacier (S) and Xarcabard (S) wouldn't be unreasonable.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: June 09, 2009, 06:53:55 PM »

I'm clearly interested in the Iron Ram Body, if it shows up in the update.  Complete set, please.  I want it badly.  I do almost nothing but soloing kind of stuff, and the elemental resistance boosts from the four current pieces coupled with the +20 ice resistance from my ice shield has been stupidly helpful in minimizing or outright nullifying paralyze effects.  It was really neat being able to slaughter the Boreal Hound with its ice spikes up, and never once getting paralyzed despite hitting him like crazy with my joytoy.

Ice Breath from gigas in campaign also does crap for damage, so I really enjoy it when they try to spam it.  I end up taking less damage than if they just stuck to melee hits.
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: June 09, 2009, 11:54:26 PM »

Personally I find Level Sync to be the best thing they ever added- it's not much easier to get a party than this. Really, you could just grab 2 friends you know and just FoV all the way to 75 if you really wanted to.

Yeah, level sync is pretty awesome, but whenever I duo, I always feel like I'm missing out on being in a full party. What I mean is that the communication tools available to players could be spruced up a bit. For instance, instead of having to shout constantly in Jeuno, you could just post onto an in-game advertisement board. If you're a duo / trio that would like to join a full party, they could be automatically matched with a group leader instead of individually seeking for god knows how long.

But, actually, the only pressing issue I have is that some of my Phantasy Star friends are on Phoenix. :P

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #748 on: June 10, 2009, 12:08:33 AM »

Ok, so anyone still playing on Leviathan can you please let me know your in game name if you still play. I was on for awhile and searched for the ones I know, but no one was on. My THF is level 5. Someone paid 4k for a water crystal that I put on the AH for 300 (which is what the history said)...win.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: June 10, 2009, 11:22:01 PM »

DOUBLE POST POWER!

I got to level 8, and have a full set of leather for my THF. I need a new weapon, but there is nothing on the auction house. I am a little sad with how dead things feel. I am sure the weekend is better.

I like the chests that drop. The last time I played that didn't happen.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 74 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: