Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:42:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332964 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #9999
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #9999  (Read 69720 times)
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 03, 2007, 09:27:04 AM »

You all know what to do here: post your progress on the various games you're playing.  

I'm in "hurry up and wait" mode in Persona 3.  January 31st is taking its sweet time to get here.  However, I have gained a shitload of levels and some grossly overpowered personas through spending time in the Monad bonus dungeon where enemies are actually generous with EXP.  

Maxing out the Star S-link was worth it because
Code:
Lucifer
is a freaking awesome persona.  I have
Code:
Satan
too and like in prior Persona games, their
Code:
Armageddon
fusion spell should make short work of the final bosses.  And since one of them has Victory Cry now...

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 12:17:17 PM »

I finally found a copy of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney in English. FUCK YOU Amazon.

Also picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 01:24:30 PM »

Quote from: "Lard"
I finally found a copy of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney in English. FUCK YOU Amazon.

Also picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Most GameStops in my area have 5-9 used copies of the first Phoenix Wright title.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 04:17:52 PM »

Halo 3 multiplayer is extremely fun.  I was doing quite well last night considering it was my first time online with a Halo game in well over a year. I placed first in my first 3 matches. I'm considering checking out Eternal Sonata sometime soon but i'm kinda iffy about it after reading the reviews..

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 04:59:10 PM »

Re: Eternal Sonata,

Early indication of our review is that

Code:
It's not looking too good. Our reviewer said it was one of the worst endings ever.

It should be posted soon.

JP
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 05:23:00 PM »

From the geniuses who brought you MapleStory comes KartRider!!!</sarcasm>

I checked it out at the Digital Life booth and played it for about an hour last night. It's a workable Mario Kart knock off, but the graphics can only be described as "balls-tastic" since there is no way to up the resolution, add AA, or any of that stuff.

Also, this this thread is over 9000. Just saying.
Zebulun

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 06:11:18 PM »

I've started playing Front Mission 4 for the third time. The first two times playing I was hammered at the exact same level and quit in frustration. This time however I've been meticulously tuning my Wanzers and putting more thought into overall battle strategies. I've also been exploiting some of the AI quirks as well. I've  passed my previous impasse and am enjoying the game quite a bit more.

I've also felt the urge to play the second .hack game after watching a few of the .hack//SIGN episodes in weekends past. We will see if I can put up with the repetitive dungeon designs to make any headway. :)

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 07:41:59 PM »

Played Suikoden last night after I got home and consumed massive amounts of donair poutine.

Got about 20 new characters and had my first tactical battles.  Good stuff, things are simple, but that makes it fun.  Everyone's about level 33 or so now.  Just got Lorelai, so she'll be in my party for the rest of the game.

I also have to laugh at all these FAQs that say GET THE MONEY RUNE AND NOT THE EXP RUNE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME.

After I recruited Gasper, I had 999999 potch after FOUR MINUTES.

No tricks.

No saving my state.

It's a bit of trial and error and you do want to save your game before hand, but it's so incredibly easy to max out your money.  This makes upgrading everyone's weapons hideously easy.  Still a bit time consuming, but who cares!

I believe Miss Maas has a copy of Suikoden III she's gonna sell me.  Cause I can tell you, Suiko II is being played two seconds after I finish the first one.

I can't believe I used to be so meh towards this series.  It's one of my favorites now!  Suikoden, Tales, and Fire Emblem have totally eclipsed Shining Force, Phantasy Star, and something else I'm not sure of as my favorite game series.

Enough fanboying, I need to get back to work now.  :(

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 08:01:31 PM »

I are beatened Persona 3 with the good ending this time.  I and my party were hideously overpowered compared to the final boss, so the battle was pretty easy.  The ending was really strange at the very end.  
Code:
When main falls asleep in Aigis' lap, is he dead?  It says he has severe exhaustion the two days prior, but I can't think of any good reason why he should die.  
 I gather that gets explained in FES.  I am are wanting FES.  

I spent almost 100 hours on that game and I didn't want it to end.  I want to fire it up again and relive the journey from day 1.  I probably won't, though, since I have a brand new copy of Soul Nomad that wants to be played.  But I can definitely see myself revisiting Persona 3 regularly in almost the same way I revisit Chrono Trigger almost annually.  

I spent an hour on Soul Nomad... and got a bad ending.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 09:22:41 PM »

Persona 3 stuff. Extreme spoilers if you haven't beaten the game:

Code:
It is assumed the main character does die during that final scene. If you listen/look up the lyrics to the ending song, it kinda connects fairly well with him dying.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 10:39:20 PM »

Persona 3 Spoilers
Code:
Can't say I'm too bothered by it.  He doesn't really have proper dialogue to relate relate or sympathize with him... aside a shout or two during battle.  Freaking emo..

I'm playing Phoenix Wright: Justice for All!! Great titles...this game is court room art.  Except no one is ever...EVER charged for purjury.  

I love how conversations are really exciting and bolting with the screen shakes.  AND,  I LOVEE THE NAME of the new lead character in the series...APOLLO JUSTICE!!!  GOD that is *EPIC*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 11:00:41 PM »

Man, all this Persona 3 talk is really ticking me off. I really want to start it up now!

Anyway, in less exciting news, more Wild Arms 5 for me.

Code:
I finally found out who Johnny Appleseed is (or rather, are). It was really starting to get on my nerves, but I'm glad that stupid part of the story got resolved.

Now I'm flying around in my new robot friend, Asgard. The Monowheel is still cooler, though, and I don't really plan on using Asgard for anything except punching.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 12:03:36 AM »

Quote from: "Dice"
I'm playing Phoenix Wright: Justice for All!! Great titles...this game is court room art.  Except no one is ever...EVER charged for purjury.

Well, we all know how fucked up Japanese law is. I mean, trials aren't allowed to last more than 4 days after the crime is commited, there are no juries, and noone is ever charged with anything but murder.

Quote from: "Dice"
I love how conversations are really exciting and bolting with the screen shakes.  AND,  I LOVEE THE NAME of the new lead character in the series...APOLLO JUSTICE!!!  GOD that is *EPIC*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

</sarcasm>?

I've heard that Apollo Justice, despite the name, is supposed to be one of the best in the series, most of the import reviews have been extremely possitive. After playing Justice for All, I sure hope so, cuz that game was crap compared to the first (haven't done the last trial yet). But I have high hopes considering it's the same team who did the 5th trial of the first game, which was probably my favorite trial in the series, as of late.

Don't know if I'll get Trials and Tribulations, though, it seems that the jury's still out on that one (no pun intended... okay, so maybe it was... fuck you).

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 12:33:36 AM »

I got Justice for All because it was $20 and the game was reputable.  And no sarcasm... I really do think Appolo Justice is a qicked name. xD

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 02:05:18 AM »

Finished Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. After the very disappointing Justice for All, I didn't have my hopes up, but the third PW game was largely excellent, which was a pleasant surprise.

Also breezed through Halo 3, which was mostly disappoitning.

Currently playing PGR4 and Eternal Sonata. The latter is quite possibly one of the most aesthetically pleasing games I've ever played.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: