Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 01:32:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329492 Posts in 13500 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #9999
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #9999  (Read 69420 times)
beans
Cool Hand

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 04:03:53 AM »

Broke out the Saturn yesterday, and have been playing Panzer Dragoon Saga a bit, but that got pushed aside wwhen I got the urge to blow through Keio Yugekitai again.  After I beat PDS, I might work through Shining Force 3 again, been a while.

I lub my Saturn.

As for games made this millenium,  I'm slowly making my way through Bioshock after finally beating Resident Evil 0.

Still trying to shoot the damn dog in Duck Hunt.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 07:31:03 PM »

Suikoden.

Code:
Gremio died.

I also spent almost all my money on weapon upgrades and then won it all back at the blasted dice game.  Took me eight minutes this time to max out my bits.

Woe!

I'm, like, 16 hours in and I somehow think I am well over halfway to the end.  :P

Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 08:06:52 PM »

Well, I just started a new job, so I haven't been awake enough to devote that much time to games lately.  

I've mainly been focusing on Suikoden V.  
Code:
I just got my headquarters back and I only have 5 more characters until I reach the 108 SOD.  That means there's only one more character I have to recruit that doesn't join my party automatically.  I'm at the part where you have to choose between Doraat (Childerich) and Sable (The Southern Mountain Corps).  I think I'm going to go with Doraat because Childerich is a bastard and he deserves to feel my wrath lol.

Ok, I think I'm finally getting close to the end of the game, which I have mixed emotions about.  I've enjoyed it immensely, but I also want to get more of the plot and find out just exactly how this is going to turn out.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 11:21:17 AM »

TOTA - I am now in Choral Castle.

Code:
Whats up with Van? Can anyone be more suspicious? Then there's Anise, who I actually kinda like. There is obviously a lot more going on there than what's on the surface.

This game is all about the characters. Everything else so far is kinda blah, but I really want to know more about everyone. I am intrigued.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 11:21:45 PM »

P3: Maxed out the President Tanaka (Devil) S-Link.
Code:
Dammit, I was expecting him to hit on me in the end! Not that I'm actually disappointed, mind you...

Radiata Stories seems to be getting better and better the more I play it.
Dominion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2007, 05:06:46 AM »

P3:

I am nearing the final battle and so far, all of my characters are overpowered and ready for war. If, and this is a big IF(Because I love playing P3 that much.) I may juggle Soul Nomad and/or D2 while playing my second playthrough of Persona 3.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2007, 06:33:57 AM »

More Wild Arms 5.

Mostly everything I did was sidequest stuff and world map exploration. Since I now have access to pretty much everything in the game, I went back to all the different areas I couldn't go to before (I wrote all that stuff down on a piece of paper) and fully explored everything. I even found all of the secret dungeons, so I'll probably tackle those before I hit the final dungeon (whenever that'll be).
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2007, 06:58:47 AM »

AHH Trials and Tribulations is out! I need to get it!

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2007, 07:28:28 AM »

I'm playing Odin Sphere, and I can't decide if I like it or not.  It looks great, and the music is Sakimoto's best since Vagrant Story, but this is the most repetitive game I've played in forever.  I'm already kinda bored with combat, and I'm only on Gwendolyn's fifth chapter.  I've got a lot of characters left to play, baby.

ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2007, 04:42:41 PM »

God of War 2: got to the
Code:
Temple of the Fates
after beating
Code:
that random kraken.
Upgraded Typhos' Bane, even though its shit and I'm never going to use it.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2007, 10:16:11 PM »

Suikoden V:

Code:
I just finished the events at the Godwin's Castle, including facing off against Sialeeds. The bastard Childerich finally died, I had Belcoot face off against him in the duel, I thought he deserved revenge on this asshole more than anyone.  I had mixed emotions about finishing off Dilber, I thought there could have definitely been more story with him. I'm now at my headquarters preparing for the final chain of events!  yes, I am finally almost done with the game, it only took me A WHILE haha.

I recruited all 108 SOD, so let's see what ending I end up getting. I know there are two different ones for getting all the stars.  I'll let you all know how it plays out when I finally finish.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2007, 10:52:39 PM »

So... much... Halo...

I really have to find something more productive than Halo MP. Like writing college essays. If only college essays were fun... Maybe I'll get back into Persona 3.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2007, 11:16:38 PM »

OMFG.

Got Pesmerga, Clive, AND Crowley all tonight.  Too bad I need to have all these dumb story characters in the party right now.  :P

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2007, 02:53:34 AM »

Played Heavenly Sword and Virtua Fighter 5 earlier. Got through a lot of chapter 2 on Heavenly Sword, except I hate being Kai. I utterly detest it. I almost had her part of the chapter complete, but one guy got away...

In VF5, I just dicked around with a few characters in arcade mode to see who I liked the best, and once I find someone who I like fighting with, I'll try to get a lot better with that person...
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2007, 12:22:51 PM »

Got the PSP back from a friend, so have been able to do a couple of battles in Jeanne D'Arc.

Code:
Jeanne just fell off of a cliff, making Liane the new Jeanne. Good thing I've been leveling her up lately, eh?

Also, Level 5 really took the idea of reoccuring bosses and ran with it in this game. Jesus.

Got to Chapter 3 (according to the double jump guide) in Soul Nomad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: