Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 06:19:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319307 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #9999
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #9999  (Read 67796 times)
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: January 14, 2008, 04:43:19 PM »

I played Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law.

A funny game, but it took be about 5 hours to beat it and unlock all the secret movies. It was fun while it lasted though.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: January 14, 2008, 07:30:54 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
I managed to fuck myself in Jeanne d'Arc in a similar fashion to how I fucked myself in Radiant Dawn...

I really need to start saving in multiple slots.

Next game I play...  Using a guide as I go along.  Fuckin d'oh.  :P

I did that about three years ago with Tales of Symphonia. Got 50 hours, couldn't beat a boss, and I couldn't go back and level up or anything, so 50 hours went down the drain. I've been using 2 slots ever since.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: January 15, 2008, 12:58:36 PM »

Been playing Mass Effect lately since I moved back to school.  When I first played it at home, I hated it and felt it sucked and was a waste of money.  When I got back to school, I restarted with a different class and am enjoying it a lot more.  I'm thinking of going to the rental store this weekend to rent CoD4 or Blue Dragon if available though.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: January 15, 2008, 05:21:27 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
Quote from: "Losfer"
I managed to fuck myself in Jeanne d'Arc in a similar fashion to how I fucked myself in Radiant Dawn...

I really need to start saving in multiple slots.

Next game I play...  Using a guide as I go along.  Fuckin d'oh.  :P

I did that about three years ago with Tales of Symphonia. Got 50 hours, couldn't beat a boss, and I couldn't go back and level up or anything, so 50 hours went down the drain. I've been using 2 slots ever since.

Yeah, it's always a bummer...

In more bad gaming news, our PS2 is getting really damned fussy with our swap disc.  It only plays some of our NTSC discs now.  So I can play all of our PAL games fine, but when I wanted to start Wild ARMs ACF, I was unable to.  And this made me the angry.

So I just popped Twilight Princess back in.  Finished the ice temple.  Even though it wasn't really a temple or anything.  I really wanted some cheesy soup afterwards.

Found a copy of Pokemon Pearl for 19.99 today at the local pawn shop I go to while killing time for my second bus to get to work.  Odds are, I'll start it when I get home.

Never actually played a Pokemon game before.  The missus has Diamond and she seems to like it just fine.  Should be fun.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: January 16, 2008, 10:26:58 AM »

I'm to the second dungeon in Star Tropics and I'm having trouble already because I apparently really suck. But man I love this game.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: January 16, 2008, 04:24:55 PM »

Started up some Japanese Cock Fighting Arena Pearl last night and I am enjoying it.  I've never liked monster raising games save for Monster Rancher, but I guess there's a reason why Pokemon is the leader in the field.

Totally made a chick character as toque = win.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: January 17, 2008, 05:33:01 PM »

Cleared out the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess.

Was unsuccessful at acquiring an Abra in Pokemon Pearl.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: January 17, 2008, 06:33:57 PM »

Is anyone else here playing Ontamarama for DS?  If you like games such as Parappa, Gitaroo Man, or Elite Beat Agents, Ontamarama is like that.  Sure it's short, the controls can be loose, the gameplay is a bit cluttery, and easy mode is pretty easy to complete (if challenging to master), but Ontamarama has the one thing that keeps me coming back to a game like this: fantastic music.  I absolutely love the music in this game.  I totally want the OST to Ontamarama.

I approve of this nonsense!
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: January 17, 2008, 08:41:10 PM »

Finally finished Astro Boy: Omega Factor. I had to swallow my pride and play on normal.

It was fun. I was surprised by the ending, and then impressed by what came after.

Looks like I'll have to play through again.

[/url]
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: January 18, 2008, 05:31:35 PM »

Did some random twatting about in TP.  Got a few heart pieces, did some cat mini game, and did some non-perverted work with the Heavenly Rod.

Caught an Abra in Pearl, D I G I V O L V E D my Starly into a Staravia.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: January 18, 2008, 05:47:58 PM »

Man, Dead Rising is a lot better now that I can actually see the motherfucker properly. :P  I'm closing in on the 24 hours left mark, so I should be able to beat it tonight.  But I might not, because I'm enjoying playing my other games in high definition too.  It's amazing how one simple VGA cable has improved things a thousand fold. :P

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: January 18, 2008, 08:00:40 PM »

Well, little did I know but getting 100% completion in FF12 RW makes all of the enemies in the last battle level 99.  So I've spent like 5 hours just grinding levels hoping I will be able to beat this game finally.

I managed to buy Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne and Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga for 20$ apiece, so I started up Nocturne.  I'm only 4 hours in but this is already one of the weirdest games I've ever played.  I'm enjoying it though, fresh new RPG plot instead of the same old cliches.  Sadly it took me 3 hours to realize that hitting left or right while in battle gives me the option to retreat or attempt to recruit demons.  Really sucked hoping for a demon I wanted to randomly ask me to join my party, but now it's not so bad.  Grinded for about an hour and beat the first boss.  I could list a few complaints, but none of them are enough to ruin the game.  I'm still trying to get used to not having you know, human allies.

Also, is there anyway to know how many waves of enemies you're going to fight or is it just random?  I thought going 3vs6 was bad enough, only to face another wave of 3-4 more enemies after defeating the first.  I've had some encounters with 4-5 waves of enemies.  Atleast it's good exp.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: January 18, 2008, 08:02:38 PM »

Along with Ontamarama, I'm also playing Gitaroo Man for PSP.  If you missed this gem on the PS2, you gotta get it on PSP.  The music is awesome.  Easily one of the best rhythm beat video games ever.  

If only Elite Beat Agents had original music instead of generally subpar licensed music done by second-rate cover artists I'd have liked it more because it had EXCELLENT gameplay.  Ontamarama, on the other hand, does not have the greatest gameplay but the music is incredible.  If one were to comine Ontamarama's music with EBA's gameplay, we'd have an orgasmic winner.

I approve of this nonsense!
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: January 19, 2008, 10:39:33 AM »

I'm about 17 hours into Soul Nomad. Most of that time was spent training my weak little characters that always die before they manage to get experience from battle. I think I'm getting the hang of the game, though, although I still think that the game is unecessarily time consuming.

Code:
I just got to some sort of desert town, and defended it from a slew of Gryphen thingies. I guess Danette and Levin decided to stay behind and watch over the town for a while.

I'm not really sure where the story is going at this point...

Also, why do none of the character sprites match their portraits? It's annoying. :P

In other news, I finished up Dragon Quest Monster: Joker. The final boss gave me a bit of trouble (I beat him on my second try), and I managed to waste all of my good items on him, so I don't really feel like trudging through the extra sidequest junk that becomes availible after the credits roll. I can't seem to fuse any new monsters either, and I don't really want to look at a guide.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: January 19, 2008, 01:51:36 PM »

I'm on Grune's quest, and right now I'm level-grinding. The bosses are getting even more insane, and the last boss I tried fighting forced me to use an item every ten seconds, so I'm just leveling up to get higher stats and better moves.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: