Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 09:47:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327286 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #9999
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #9999  (Read 68722 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2007, 03:35:01 AM »

Everluck, there is a hard way, and an easier way to get that energy tank. I think I know what way you're trying: space jumping between the laser sensors. Yes, I tried that... I actually did it... total waste of time.

But there's a far easier way:

Go into the room to the right, and open the door. Run to the left, and just as you start to shine, jump, and if you hit it right, you should break through the floor and fall into the area with the sensors. If you time it correctly, you should have enough time to stand on the ledge, and just charge forward between the senors, and right over to the energy tank. I may not be explaining correctly, but you should be able to figure it out, and it's not that hard... should be able to get it in 3 or 4 tries. I've done it, and it made me feel really stupid for doing it the hard way.

I love Zero Mission, one of my favorites in the Metroid series. But some of the shine charge puzzles are insane. But I kinda like that.

PS: I feel ya with the uncomfortableness of the DS. But the GBA wasn't all that great either. Honestly, it's my single biggest complaint with handhelds, is that even though they're about the size of a normal game controller, they've never been able to make them close to being as ergonomic. I'd be glad to trade just a bit of convenience for not having my thumbs hate me after 5 minutes of playing.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2007, 05:25:26 AM »

I have been playing Soul Nomad. I managed to get 2 3x3 Los Banditos rooms and I am decimating everything.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2007, 09:57:04 AM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Go into the room to the right, and open the door. Run to the left, and just as you start to shine, jump, and if you hit it right, you should break through the floor and fall into the area with the sensors. If you time it correctly, you should have enough time to stand on the ledge, and just charge forward between the senors, and right over to the energy tank. I may not be explaining correctly, but you should be able to figure it out, and it's not that hard... should be able to get it in 3 or 4 tries. I've done it, and it made me feel really stupid for doing it the hard way.

I was trying space jumping and shinesparking :P

I tried dashing as the ball and dashing as normal Samus, but I just kept hitting the base of the first trip wire. There was another spot like that, in Brinstar I think, where there were some awkwardly-placed dash blocks that led to a Super Missile. They went on for three or four screens I think, but were too low to dash into. Never figured that one out, either.

[/url]
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2007, 11:25:35 AM »

I'm still hooked onto my DS as of late, enjoying the old-school traditionalism of New Super Mario Bros DS. I can't seem to figure out a way to get to World 4. D:  

I'm also making good progress on Picross DS. So far I've cleared out all the Level 1-5 puzzles, working on Level 6. And I just unlocked levels that have 20x20 puzzles. Whee.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2007, 12:19:40 PM »

I'm in september in Persona 3. Great game, but I'm waiting for the story to pick up again, hopefully the upcoming full moon will bring some good drama.
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2007, 04:04:51 PM »

Everluck, I remember doing it, but I'm not sure how. But I do remember it was a, "oh, fuck, I feel dumb", moment when I did. I think I shine charged in the air before I hit the ground or something. GameFAQs man... GameFAQs.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: October 25, 2007, 05:26:30 PM »

Quote from: "Masamune"
Quote from: "Losfer"

My copy of Suikoden III got in the mail today thanks to Liz, so now I have all the Suiki goodness I can handle as I own all six games now, whee!

Hey, me too.  Maybe we can start an elite Suikoden avatar club.  Oh wait, we've clearly already done that.  Mwhaha. :D

Elitests unite...!!!

I played Suikoden III last night and boy are the controls fucked.  I'm also...  Not sure how much I like the whole "yes you get six party members but it's set to play like three."  I'm glad I still get a half dozen characters, but so far I think that they should all be controlable and only unite if you particularily want them to.  Like in a combo attack.

I started as Chris as I always choose to play as a female character over a male one because I not so secretly covet being a member of the finer sex...!

Unfortunately my massive Germanic frame says otherwise.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: October 25, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »

I'm playing through a couple of graphic adventure games to review for RPGfan.  One came out this year and the other is its prequel.  

They both suck donkey turd.  Then again, they are Myst clones and I hate Myst with a passion.

I approve of this nonsense!
Prime Mover

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2007, 07:12:29 PM »

Yeah, Chris's path always made the most amount of sense, to me, for Suiko III. The manga follows generic hero boy, which I always thought was a shitty decision. Gedoe makes the least amount of sense... he litterally says, "this should be a job for the younger generation, but if no one speaks up, then I guess I have to". IMO, the choice is hardly even a choice... strange that the manga seems to think otherwise. I guess generic hero boy makes sense for some people.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2007, 07:52:58 PM »

More P3. Maxed out Kenji's S-Link and recently joined the Art Club. Can't wait until the next full moon, because the enemies in Tartarus aren't giving me a challenge...
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: October 25, 2007, 10:48:28 PM »

What can I say, Prime.  Generic people like generic characters.  Probably while Final Fantasy anything is so popular.

Zing!

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2007, 10:55:33 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
What can I say, Prime.  Generic people like generic characters.  Probably while Final Fantasy anything is so popular.

Zing!

I'm stretching this comment unto 95% of all JRPGs.
Fucken prat hero boys.

Phoenix Wright is still kickign ass.  I'm happy to have the latest one! =)

sick.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2007, 10:45:39 AM »

More SH: C...The plot is just fantastic and it's really living up to the magic the first SH created.  I just saw a pretty badass cutscene when...
Code:
After defeating Queen Veronica and Yuri fuses into Amon and flies up to Rasputin's ship and destroys it.
What I like about the game is it's fun and the story, especially the characters.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2007, 10:50:24 AM »

I'm playing some Final Fantasy X-2.  Man, that game is so much fun and I LOVE the music.  I think X-2 and Xenosaga 2 have two of the most underrated soundtracks.  

Yeah, I'm also painfully grinding my way through a couple of Myst clones, mostly because they were cheap... and now my second reason is that I'm looking forward to trashing them in my reviews.

I approve of this nonsense!
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2007, 01:40:08 PM »

Yeah, Chris's path always made the most amount of sense, to me, for Suiko III.

I don't think Hugo was meant at all to be the generic hero boy, in regards to his role as lead. He's used because in the context of the setting and story, he fits the role best.
Code:
He serves best as flame champ becuase, he shows his ability to unite the disparate clans and peoples of the grasslands. Even in the endings for the 108 characters, Hugo is the only one out of the 3 mains that continues to try to actively work towards that goal. Geddoe goes back to Harmonia, and Chris goes back to the Knights. The choice of flame rune bearer really isn't about making a main character anyways, it's about inheriting the role of the flame champ, who is mirrored best by Hugo(grassland tribe person who is friends with the True lightning Rune bearer, and True Water rune bearer). I mean, Chris even fits more with the water rune, with the link to her father anyways. Not to mention her whole side thing with Alma Kinan and the water rune. Hugo was really meant to become the new incarnation of the Flame champ. There's even a hint ot his leadership and unifying spirit when Luc mentions something about seeing something familiar in his eyes, which I suppose was a rememberance of the past heroes Luc was with. Anyways, not that I'd discourage anyone from following their own path, that's what's cool about the trinity system.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: