Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 06:37:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332825 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Game Journal #9999
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38 Print
Author Topic: Game Journal #9999  (Read 69695 times)
Alucard von Elru

alucardvonelru@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: December 28, 2007, 07:09:53 PM »

Played Orta and Rez today. I will most likely pick up Katamari again tomorrow. Either that, or Persona 3.

I had stopped P3 because, quite frankly, I couldn't take its pacing anymore. I find the game to be just horribly repetitive. However, it IS very unique, and when the combat isn't being totally unbalanced I AM having fun with it. I've read some people's posts about it on this very site, and it seems that a few had felt similarly in the early hours of the game, but by the time they completed it they were hailing it as the Game of the Year.

Another thing I think deterred my enjoyment of P3 was that I was being overly judgemental, and I am happy to admit that now. Instead of appreciating it for what it WAS, I kept slamming on it for not being JUST like Persona 2: Eternal Punishment or Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. So, I'm thinking about starting over again from scratch, with a clear head, and giving the game a second chance. Some of my favorite games of all time are ones that I struggled to get into when I first played them (ICO, Rez, Beyond Good & Evil, and Planescape: Torment are prime examples), but once I DID get into them, well, I ended up thinking that they were just about perfect. So yeah, now that I've cooled down some and have completed some other games, I believe I'm going to be giving P3 the second chance that it (hopefully) deserves.

"Time fades even legend..."
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: December 28, 2007, 07:58:49 PM »

Man, Bioshock's ending is lame.

Mass Effect is going well, but I'm getting sick of having to drive around that fucking vehicle.

Brevity is awesome.

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: December 28, 2007, 09:10:29 PM »

I also just now beat Bioshock.  Finally got a new 360 system so Bioshock didn't lock up every 5 seconds.  The game itself is absolutely awesome, but I agree with D-Rider, the ending was lame as hell.  I loved the concept of the ending, but it was literally like 30 seconds long.  I guess I'm used to 30 minute RPG endings.  Hey, atleast I wasn't forced to watch the credits.  :D

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 28, 2007, 10:07:18 PM »

Quote from: "Masamune"
Hey, atleast I wasn't forced to watch the credits.  :D

I actually feel that's part of why it sucked, it just felt like K OVER BACK TO TITLE SCREEN. After a weak two minute ending that's what happens? I think the biggest problem with the endings though was how bipolar they were, as Yahtzee summarized.

As for actual game progress: I've been playing a bunch thanks to Christmas loot. I primarily focused on the Harmonix Guitar Hero titles, picked up the Zapper and cleared Link's Crossbow Training in about an hour, and rented NiGHTS. NiGHTS is fun so long as you're flying, but the platforming's subpar and the cutscenes just further prove my belief that video games are too obsessed with shoving a shitty story with shitty cutscenes down our throat regardless of how much a game actually needs it.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: December 29, 2007, 11:49:58 AM »

Played Persona 3 for a little bit today. Just got passed the first couple of events in November.

Code:
Beat Jin and Takaya easily, the 12th Shadow didn't put up much of a fight(I'm on easy mode because I thought the game would be harder), and watched Ikutsuki go insane.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: December 29, 2007, 09:36:17 PM »

Tried to play some Wow tonight but I kept getting kicked off the friggin' server.:(

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: December 29, 2007, 09:47:52 PM »

I played the new NiGHTs (or however you capitalize it :P) title at a friends place. It's pretty awful, to be honest. Controlling the dang jester (whose voice was completely butchered) is a total chore unless you're using the actual control stick and not the motion sensor controls, and the difficulty is pretty brutal. It took me and some friends three tries before we could actually beat the first level, and even then, we were getting D rankings...

The cutscenes, however, are unintentionally hilarious, and the character expressions and voices couldn't be more funny. Plus, the main character has a fanny pack, and that's pretty dang funny at 3:00 in the morning. :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 29, 2007, 10:19:46 PM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
The cutscenes, however, are unintentionally hilarious, and the character expressions and voices couldn't be more funny. Plus, the main character has a fanny pack, and that's pretty dang funny at 3:00 in the morning. :P

Good thing someone above 5 is actually enjoying those. Maybe I should just go in with a mindset that's less bitter at Sega. Though I did much better at the flying stages. But I got stuck on the second stage, so I dunno how much effort I'll ultimately put into it.

All three Guitar Hero titles (80's and not III) are cleared on Medium, I'll probably focus more on other games now since I'll just want to unlock the rest of the sonds in II then try to master medium/train myself on Hard. Mass Effect has been sorely neglected since Christmas, and SMG is pretty great.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: December 29, 2007, 10:51:11 PM »

I'm playing Ogre Battle 64. Again. Seriously, this just might be my favorite strategy game of all time.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: December 30, 2007, 12:20:09 AM »

Finally played Skies of Arcadia Legends for the first time in a couple of months.

Code:
Defeated Yeligar, just abused MoonStone Cannon. Then took the Armada's plans to make a ship go into Deep Sky, and the Delphinus was modified to go into Deep Sky.

I'll probably end up beating this in the next two weeks.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: December 30, 2007, 10:40:48 AM »

Playing  Uncharted Drake's Fortune. A breath of fresh air amongst all the FPSs this year.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: December 30, 2007, 11:31:27 AM »

Enjoying our new DS.
Played Mario Kart briefly, and it seemed just as fun as any previous MK. Nan is obsessed with it. She says it's actually a little harder than previous incarnations.
Planet Puzzle league is pretty cool.

I'm really diggin Phantom Hourglass. It was weird at first; doing everything with the touch screen, but now I'm used to it and having a lot of fun.
Graphics, sound, control, everything is great.

I'm actually really impressed with the DS so far. I'd never played one until now, and I am very impressed with the screens, colors, sound, etc. Nice little system.
Now to get MORE games for it.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: December 30, 2007, 11:49:52 AM »

Quote from: "Lord Scottish"
I'm playing Ogre Battle 64. Again. Seriously, this just might be my favorite strategy game of all time.

I remember when this game came out. I was a huge strategy/RPG fan but I had never played any of the other Ogre Battle games so I was hesitant to pick it up. Eventually I decided about 4 months later that I wanted it and I couldn't find it anywhere. I will regret that for the rest of my life.

As for what I've been playing: I've been playing Donpachi for the Sega Saturn pretty regularly. I just beat Warhammer 40K Squad Command for PSP (which was ASTOUNDINGLY good) and now I'm switching between Final Fantasy Tactics and Worms: Open Warfare 2 both of which are great fun.

Oh yeah, and I'm still playing Warlords 4. I've been in more of a strategy than an RPG mood recently.
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: December 30, 2007, 05:27:09 PM »

So sorry to hear that, dude. I had a similar experience with SMT: Nocturne, which taught me to NEVER hesitate to buy an Atlus game that I'm interested in.

Anyway, I tried to play the Xbox version of BG:DA2 on my 360, and...wow. That is the WORST slowdown I've EVER experienced in my life. I played Morrowind on my fucking Celeron, and even that ran more smoothly.

So now the question becomes: Should I buy an original Xbox for one game?
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: December 30, 2007, 08:19:39 PM »

Played some Chrono Trigger. Got Robo and I'm...

Code:
at The End of Time.

*If that is a spoiler*
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: