Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 01:40:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341065 Posts in 13939 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  You knew it was only a matter of time.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: You knew it was only a matter of time.  (Read 628 times)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2007, 08:36:31 AM »

FLAMEBAIT ALERT
TOTALLY BIASED RANT AHEAD

You ever wondered why a lot of soldiers who were in the Iraq war have spoken out against the way in which the military has gone about it?

Maybe it's because a lot of them are getting screwed like Lindsay Lohan's coke dealer after being sent to do the hardest job imaginable for the longest period of time out of anybody who's been there.

Shit like this is why I hate what the War on Terror has become. Remember when we were pinning bin Laden into caves in Afghanistan, just waiting for the day when we'd flip on the news and see his ass in handcuffs or with bulletholes all over? What the fuck happened?

Oh yeah, we entered a quagmire, and in the process we let the man we named as responsible behind the worst terrorist attack in the history of the United States... get away.

/facepalm

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 03:19:58 PM »

While I'm not going to go into the other parts of the flamebait post, I will say that it's extraordinarily bad to treat surviving soldiers like that after they served for almost two years in conditions that are by no means ideal.  And to do so over a mere day is being nitpicky at best.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: