Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 09:26:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341344 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Site
| | |-+  Holy Shit.....TEN YEARS!?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Holy Shit.....TEN YEARS!?  (Read 41239 times)
Galactic

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 03:36:20 PM »

Wow, 10 years eh?  Galactic remembers....

Galactic remembers everything.  

^_-;

Too Galactic for you.

^_-;
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 09:24:06 PM »

I remember the debate(or bickering) that Third and I got into with Jayde about FFX, and it somehow got into Jayde using his marriage to purport that he knew more about women than Third or something like that.
Melotron Scratch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2007, 01:04:49 PM »

I have only recently joined the boards here, but I have long enjoyed reading the wonderful news, previews, and checking out music reviews. Truly a haven for the rpg-inclined, the board crew seems to be a rather lovable bunch as well. It's not a ten year anniversary-it's a warm up towards a centennial celebration!(Bummer most of us won't be around to see it).
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2007, 03:32:12 PM »

Quote from: "Lucid"
I remember the debate(or bickering) that Third and I got into with Jayde about FFX, and it somehow got into Jayde using his marriage to purport that he knew more about women than Third or something like that.

Let me assure you that even with Jayde's personality, his claim stands as true.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 04:10:41 PM »

Meh... wake me up when it's old enough to drink.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 06:51:31 PM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Meh... wake me up when it's old enough to drink.

You are a douche. Whether you are trying to be funny or not, you are still a douche.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2007, 10:19:19 AM »

All fond and not so fond memories aside, Dade mentioned that the original impetus for his post was the Roundtable discussion.  I'm sure everyone on the staff who participated in it (Pat, Mark, Eric, Damian) and did the editing on it (JP) appreciate that folks checked it out and enjoyed it.  

The Roundtable recently concluded with Sunday's update.  

So now I ask: are these kinds of roundtable features something you would like to see more of?  Why or why not?  We did it and posted it because we felt it brought up points about the state of RPGs that readers could relate to and have talked about frequently both on the forums and I'm sure in real life with gaming buddies.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2007, 11:23:38 AM »

See I think the thing I liked the most....was the discussion. I mean, when it comes the RPGs, you are all (not just the editors, but most of the people here on the boards) are MY RPG Gurus, if I dont know somethin about a particular game....i come here.

That said.....I'd like to see some more interaction like this type of feature come out more often. Sure we can read up on news and reviews, but rolling it into something such as the Roundtable I think keeps things interesting, and probably would generate a little more interest to that there "frontpage" that everyone seems to forget about.

I wanna see Chris W, you (Neal), and Teh John do a feature.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2007, 10:13:07 PM »

I miss Third and Kurenai. They had some funny-ass shit to say.

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2007, 10:16:03 PM »

Third: MY GAME CROSSFIRE WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER MADE.

Kurenai: *Clown car horn.*

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 04:34:26 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
Man, time flies doesn't it?  I swear, I can barely remember when I was the board n00b instead of the board tyrant. :P

Tyrant?

I would have called Sumire Kanzaki a tyrant...among other things.  Now she was a tyrant.  Then again, I was pretty young back then and fairly new to boards.  While I wasn't a poster back then, I do remember the flames.  Perhaps if I was older I would have appreciated them more.

I don't know how long I've been here.  I wasn't here during the Lunar boards, but I remember coming around Rpgfan's old threaded style boards that rpgfan's (semi) sister site animedream had as their forums for so long.

Better late than never!

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 05:36:11 PM »

*holy shit topic rez*

As apparent on the front page (ZOMG we have a front page?!)

HAPPY 10th Birthday, RPGFan.

And thanks (6 years late) Rudo for that nice trip down memory lane. And thanks to G1 and Rudo, and the rest of the staff past and present for all the blood, sweat, tears, and love/hate/vengeful wrath (lookin at you DR and Nicole) you guys have put in.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 06:01:15 PM »

Interesting article on the history of the site.
Reading about sites that have been around since the "start" of internet is interesting.

Six years later and no compromise with Vic Ireland huh?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Alucard von Elru

alucardvonelru@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2008, 06:01:47 PM »

In spite of being an absolute n00b to the forums as far as posting goes, I've been lurking on the forums on and off for a couple of years, and going onto the main page to read the latest news or reviews has been a part of my daily internet routine since... '01 I think? Maybe '00, but I'm leaning more towards mid '01. Either way, I've enjoyed the site in my own way for a long time, and I'm very happy to see it reach ten years. It's a fantastic resource for all things RPG, and I've always been more fond of the Fan than most other game-related sites. Thanks for keeping it alive for so long! :D

"Time fades even legend..."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2008, 07:01:36 PM »

Quote from: "Lard"
Six years later and no compromise with Vic Ireland huh?

Why do they need to compromise with someone whose company isn't actually doing anything?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: