Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 04:38:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330051 Posts in 13525 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Site
| | |-+  Holy Shit.....TEN YEARS!?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Holy Shit.....TEN YEARS!?  (Read 39581 times)
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2008, 07:16:48 PM »

LuNAHR!

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2008, 07:50:42 PM »

I've always wondered....was the red-eye intentional or not in that pic.......

Hmmmm.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2008, 08:44:35 AM »

Happy 10th Anniversary, RPGFan. I have been frequenting this site's community for quite a few years now, and I've come to know many of you. I just want you all to know that I respect and love what you, the RPGFan staff, do here on the site and forum alike. Not only the staff, but my fellow viewers. You're all an awesome bunch. Everybody keep the love and devotion for the RPG genre. Lets shoot for 10 more.
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2008, 04:09:32 PM »

Happy Birthday, RPGFan. And I hope this place and community willl continue to stay the same as now for a long time

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2008, 07:44:42 PM »

Ten years old.

Always the right age.

Happy birthday, mates.

Rudo
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2008, 07:17:44 PM »

Thanks guys!  And by the way, this History of RPGFan article has been on the site for 6 years, it's just been tucked away in the features section where nobody ever looks so I felt like the 10th anniversary was a good time to bring it back up.  Too bad I didn't really keep track of the last 6 years as much as the first 4 because I could have continued the article to cover the rest.  Then again, the last 6 years haven't been as interesting as the first 4 since we settled into a rythm and things have settled down.

And yeah, after the "boycott" from Vic, Working Designs never really came out with anything interesting after that so we didn't lose out.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2009, 05:40:05 PM »

I'm impressed at how old this site is.I have visited this site for 4 years but I never realized it has survived a decade.After the dot com crash of 2001,its amazing this site held on

Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2009, 01:24:55 PM »

(Edit: OK, so I realize how ridiculously late I am at responding to this.  This might be the first time I've actually read this particular board. ^^;;)

Thoughts in no particular order.  Except, they're ordered.

Happy [11?], RPGFan.  Thanks for giving me OCD and ruining my life.

----

Nah, you guys rock.  I feel bad that I don't come around more often.

----

Who remembers Third | Titania | Kadamose | General Mortars | Drexle [the Homicidal Maniac] | Nicole | sig tests | Conformer

Oh yeah?  Who remembers Hatless | ZP | Seifer^Almasy/Takumi^Fujiwara | Nallo | Eusis (what happened to that guy, anyway?) | Phoenix's Rage | Feena | XenoOffspring the punckof LUNAR | Skyclad | Prince Mars | Keith's sig?  My lawn.  Get off.

Kadamose was endless entertainment.  Keith's sig was endless entertainment.  Some random girl faked Seifer's suicide.  We've been through some weird shit.

----

Draconic Emperor Losfer.

Man, what a crapulent name that was.  :P

Not as bad as my first handle: "Cid (Which one?) (I don't know!)"

----

It still pains me to say that I once went by the username "Fenix Down."

Holy shit.  I was wondering what happened to you, and you've been here the whole time! I probably shouldn't say this, but Fenix Down is an awesome name and you should've stuck with it. :P

We desperately need a former handles database.

----

Working Designs board 4ever (PBUH)

----

Note to self: AD should have a "History of" article too, I guess.  We're 10 next January!

----

Is Druff 40 yet?

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 01:57:44 PM by Angelo » Logged

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 01:45:11 PM »

I've been here 6 years?

Good lord.

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 08:54:31 PM »

Angelo- with the exception of Prince Mars, I do remember all of those people.  I think I played PSO with about half of them.  I remember when Hatless was The Hatless Dezorian. 

And I think a lot of us had handles that we weren't initially fond of.  Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I've ever been 100% sold on any of my handles, but they seemed to work for me. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »

I too remember all of those names, although i doubt anyone at all would remember me, I was/am mostly a lurker...didn't stop me from getting good laughs from much of the mayhem back then.  That was back when you had to write an essay and get approval to become a member wasn't it?
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2009, 04:30:00 AM »

Oh yeah, that. I was surprised they let me in. Eight years ago I was a stupid teenager and my English was pretty bad. I was afraid people like Dios were going to flame me, but everyone was actually really nice. And Sumire more of less ignored me, because I wasn't a potential minion.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2009, 08:57:56 AM »

Ahh, the days of the grammar na.zis.  The funny thing is, I was working professionally as a proofreader back then and I was "eh whatever" about that.  It was still kinda pathetic, though, that the people with the best command of the English language were the ones not from English speaking countries. 

RPGFan has been one hell of a soap opera. 

EDIT:  Say, anyone here remember Virgo/Strip Rose?  She started out as the community punching bag then became a hateful slitch.  I remember trying to be nice to her while everyone else was bullying her, but at some point I just gave up and couldn't any more.  I know this is horrible to say, especially coming from me, but she's a girl I think of whenever I hear that Garbage song "Stupid Girl." 

Conformer was another one I tried being nice to while everyone else smacked him around.  I kinda liked the kid.  He wasn't a bad kid, just really misunderstood. 

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:33:54 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2009, 03:02:29 PM »

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2009, 04:33:20 PM »

Yes...  I remember her and I remember that artwork, Mark.

Bravo.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: