Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 05:05:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341139 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Site
| | |-+  Holy Shit.....TEN YEARS!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Holy Shit.....TEN YEARS!?  (Read 41174 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2007, 05:48:28 PM »

So I was just about to start a post about how I really enjoyed the RPGFan Editor Roundtable and how I hope that we see content like that more frequently. I was going to make a comment about how I've been coming here for the better part of a decade then I realized......

RPGFan is 10 years old ( http://www.rpgfan.com/staff/former/g1.html )? I mean....not as RPGFan necessarily, but in it's different incarnations.

Is this right? Dear Lord......how awesome is that?

Congrats guys.....and thanks.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 07:01:26 PM »

Ten years?  Just the right age for a few things.

But cool!  Good job guys!  You're obviously doing a good job, there are posters here that have been here the whole fucking time.  I still feel like a noobie sometimes.  :P

Who remembers Third !

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 08:00:09 PM »

I discovered RPGFan when I was 16.  Now, I am 23.  Seven years... make me feel like an old man.

Who remembers Titania? :P

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 08:04:55 PM »

Yes to both. I kinda miss Third's antics though, while Titania, pft. Better off without her.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 09:05:30 PM »

Man, time flies doesn't it?  I swear, I can barely remember when I was the board n00b instead of the board tyrant. :P

Remember Conformer?  Remember the days when Mike posted outside the staff boards?  Remember Neal's legendary masturbation thread?  Good times, baby.

I think I miss harassing Liz via the Mailbag the most, though. :P

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 06:36:06 AM »

Man, I've been here a good five years now. Geez.

I won't mention the first few weeks of my time on the board :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 07:25:21 AM »

If fellow whinging brit Degs has been around 5 years, I must've been here, what, 7?

Ah, yes, the infamous Third. Didn't he sign back up under a different name for a little while? And Mike... Mike Salbato? Chronologist? Yeah, I'd kinda missed him, too! Always good to have another Transformers freak on the boards! :D

Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 07:37:03 AM »

I wasn't aware that it has already been a decade. Then again, I have already been around for more than six years. And probably because I have gotten old, I have to admit, that I seriously do appreciate the lack of flaming and fighting, be it on staff or on the boards.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 09:52:01 AM »

I've been posting at the 'Fan since '99.  I was a whopping 21 years of age back then.  I know most folks remember me by names like dezo penguin, dezo, and Blademaster Dezo.  

Yeah, I remember most, if not all, of the people mentioned.  Who remembers Kadamose?  That guy was a trip and a half.  I also remember this one guy Oceanus who tried to peg me as a misogynist because of my ethnicity- he's probably the only person I've ever encountered at the 'Fan who actually pissed me off.  

I loved General Mortars.  That guy was awesome.  Another guy I was cool with was Drexle; he and I were the sole MegaTentists at RPGfan back in the day and now MegaTen has become so much more popular among RPG fans.  

And to think, a memory lane thread and no one's mentioned Nicole/Sumire?  For shame!  She was a memorable character.  Was there anyone who did not escape her wrath?  She's yelled at me a couple of times on the boards.  

And who remembers "sig test" threads?

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 10:39:37 AM »

Conformist.

Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 10:49:14 AM »

While I do remember most of the former board members mentioned in this thread, I think, Tidius was the strangest one of them all.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 11:02:59 AM »

Oh yeah, Tedius. Man, that guy was full of it. He even had an autobiography on Wikipedia and shit. That was pretty trippy.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 11:05:47 AM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
II also remember this one guy Oceanus who tried to peg me as a misogynist because of my ethnicity- he's probably the only person I've ever encountered at the 'Fan who actually pissed me off.

He actually signed back up for the boards not too long ago.  He wasn't using the name, but he had something along the lines of I AM OCEANUS as his user title.  I don't think he ever posted, though. :P

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 12:30:48 PM »

Quote from: "Professor Gast"
While I do remember most of the former board members mentioned in this thread, I think, Tidius was the strangest one of them all.

Tedius Zanarkauqadsafsalakjbdo?

Yeah, that guy was fucked up :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 12:39:40 PM »

Man, I remember Oceanus...  Him and I had a rap off in my FFV vs FFIX thread.

God, some good times on these boards.  DR, you remember when Tony put up that colaboration of himself, you, Vil, and myself up in the Creative Cornucopia?  And it was just...  Huge AIM logs of the four of us spamming Chrono7?

Man, speaking of Vil, where the fuck did HE go?  I was gonna make a thread some time ago asking if anyone knew what was up, but I never got around to it.  Anyone still talk to him at all?

Man, I can tell you what I don't miss.

Draconic Emperor Losfer.

Man, what a crapulent name that was.  :P

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: