Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 04:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332943 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY  (Read 1833 times)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2007, 11:30:06 PM »

Well, assuming you're an American, anyway.

It's a quiz that lines your answers up with the positions of the presidential candidates for both major parties.

My highest ranked was no personal surprise: Dennis Kucinich. What shocked me is the score was 69, with every single category in the "Agree" column. I had no idea it was such a perfect match. Dodd got a 57, and Clinton and Obama each got a 50. I disagreed with all three on their stances toward immigration and the Iraq war, and with Clinton and Obama I also disagreed over their stance on the death penalty.

The three lows were Huckabee at 5 points, and Hunter and McCain each at 7. I only agreed with Huckabee on immigration; with Hunter's energy views; and with McCain's stance on marriage.

Post your scores and thoughts on the quiz results.

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 11:57:43 PM »

Hmmm... nothing on education in that questionnaire.  That's the issue of most importance and relevance to me.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 12:59:11 AM »

Here's my results:
1. Kucinich
2. Dodd
3. Gravel
4. Edwards
5. Richardson
6. Obama
7. Biden
8. Clinton
9. Giuliani
10. Romney
11. Paul
12. Brownback
13. Gilmore
14. Huckabee
15. Hunter
16. McCain
17. Tancredo
18. Thomson

Of course, as the site itself acknowledges, one shouldn't read too much into these results - I'm still primarily a Mike Gravel supporter.

For me, the most glaring issues that the quiz omits are drug policy and torture/habeas corpus/Gitmo/etc. If these had been included, then the results might reflect my preference in candidates more accurately- meaning Gravel would be at the top and Guiliani would be at or near the bottom.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 01:36:04 AM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
Hmmm... nothing on education in that questionnaire.  That's the issue of most importance and relevance to me.

Not to sound like a douche, because education is an incredibly important issue, but do you have any opinion on anything else? heh...

I mean, one subject you feel passionately about being overlooked doesn't mean that the topics that are there are suddenly irrelevant.

You could take the quiz, see which candidates rank highest, then go check out their respective ideas on improving the current state of public education. Tell us about what you find, because that would add to the discussion. Again, not to sound douchey, but that'd contribute to the thread a lot more than a "Well, no education questions, so forget it" attitude. :)

I agree with you and Scottish that there are some issues that need to be addressed that weren't covered in the quiz. Can't you in some way accept it for what it is, instead of only pointing out what it doesn't have? If not, then your post reads something like "This entire quiz amounts to shit because it doesn't have a question about education."

Did you even take the quiz? Did you click the link, not see something you were expecting to find, and close the page instead? The lack of interest in your post really irked me, because you must have read the entire quiz to know that there wasn't a question about public education.

For the record: This is the quiz that the one in the link was based off of, and it does have a question about K-12 education. I didn't really know what to answer for the mortgage crisis, but I wound up picking the answer that Dennis Kucinich's platform matches, and sure enough, wound up agreeing with his stances discussed in the quiz fully. My lowest this time around were Hunter, McCain, and Tancredo.

Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 09:19:54 AM »

Dave: fair enough.  However, you did ask for thoughts on the quiz and I gave a gut level, honest response.  I think the quiz itself is pretty narrow, but then again I'm a jerk taking a psychometrics course.  

That second one you linked to was much better.  

Both quizzes pretty much lined me up with Bill Richardson, and I do like his views on education among most other things from looking at his site.  

I'm still waiting to see what develops with the Libertarian and Green parties as well.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 09:52:46 AM »

My resulsts are similar to most others.

1. Kucinich
2. Dodd
3. Obama
4. Clinton
5. Gravel
6. Richardson
7. Edwards
8. Biden
9. Giuliani
10. Paul
11. Romney
12. Gilmore
13. Brownback
14. Hunter
15. McCain

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 12:44:23 PM »

1. Barack Obama
2. John Edwards
3. Hillary Clinton
4. Dennis Kucinich
5. Chris Dodd
6. Bill Richardson
7. Rudy Giuliani
8. Joe Biden
9. Mike Gravel
10. Mitt Romney
11. Ron Paul
12. Mike Huckabee
13. John Gilmore
14. Duncan Hunter
15. Sam Brownback
16. John McCain
17. Fred Thompson
18. Tom Tancredo

That's a long list. It does me good seeing Mitt Romney is at number ten. I can't stand the guy but everyone else in Utah (including my family!) seem to love him. The top three all had the same score at 43, and Kucinich was right behind with 42. I'm unsure what the 2001, 2003 tax cuts were though. Politics was the last thing on my mind at the time.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 01:12:49 PM »

Quote from: "Jimmy"
It does me good seeing Mitt Romney is at number ten. I can't stand the guy but everyone else in Utah (including my family!) seem to love him.

Speaking as a fellow Utahn, I'd say the two things that attract Utahns to him are the fact that he did a good job with the Olympics and the fact that he's mormon.

I like what he did with the Olympics, and don't care whether he's mormon or not (as far as I can tell, the fact that Kennedy was catholic didn't impact the job he did as president)... but I generally lean Democrat, so he wouldn't get my vote anyway.

Of course, when you live in Utah, it doesn't matter.  Whether you vote for the Republican, the Democrat, or not at all, the Republican candidate will win.  That's why they don't bother coming here to campaign.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 01:48:32 PM »

Yea, I'll concede he did a good job with the Olympics, but I never wanted them held here in the first place so they're kind of a moot point to me. But in all honesty I think that is the central appeal to the Utah population rather than the fact Romney is a Mormon. Some of his stances deviate drastically from traditional Mormon beliefs. Such as Romney's support of abortion and stem cell research.

Here in Happy Valley, you'd think most people would consider Romney an apostate for supporting abortion. But they still love the guy.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 04:32:20 PM »

Well, he's the least likely, of the frontrunners, to slam the door in the Christian right's face.

Let's face it, if he doesn't win the primary, the neocon and religious right movement, which has been building since 1980, will be fucked. If Giuliani wins the primary, for instance, the religious right is totally boned. If Romney doesn't win the primary, then they better pray to god that Obama or Hillery win the general election, because then they can still band together with other republicans behind-the-scenes like they did with Clinton.

Mark my words, if Giuliani wins the presidency (which I think is a slim chance, and I'm not even hoping for it either), than the religious right will find themselves without a party for two decades or more.

I'd love to see that happen.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 12:14:13 AM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Well, he's the least likely, of the frontrunners, to slam the door in the Christian right's face.

Let's face it, if he doesn't win the primary, the neocon and religious right movement, which has been building since 1980, will be fucked. If Juliani wins the primary, for instance, the religious right is totally boned. If Romney doesn't win the primary, then they better pray to god that Obama or Hillery win the general election, because then they can still band together with other republicans behind-the-scenes like they did with Clinton.

Mark my words, if Juliani wins the presidency (which I think is a slim chance, and I'm not even hoping for it either), than the religious right will find themselves without a party for two decades or more.

Actually, if Giuliani even wins the Republican nomination, multiple fundamentalist Christian leaders have already said they'd immediately find a third-party candidate to lend support to, and that they would consider that the "last straw" for the Republicans. They aren't happy that Bush basically used them and hung them out to dry, and they have huge objections to Giuliani, McCain, and Thompson, all arguably the most electable of the Republican field.

Romney supporting abortion and stem-cell research doesn't work well in his favor, considering abortion is the primary reason the Religious Right doesn't like Rudy, and they feel stem-cell research is basically the same argument.

In other words, the only thing that could possibly give support to the Republican party at this point would be bin Laden in handcuffs thanks to a secret directive from Bush, with Giuliani being the one dragging him to jail.

Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 12:59:33 AM »

1.  Mitt Romney
2.  Rudy Giuliani
3.  Jim Gilmore
4.  Tom Tancredo
5.  Duncan Hunter
6.  Barack Obama
7.  Hillary Clinton
8.  Chris Dodd
9.  John Edwards
10.  Dennis Kucinich
11.  Fred Thompson
12.  Sam Brownback
13.  Joe Biden
14.  Mike Huckabee
15.  Bill Richardson
16.  John McCain
17.  Ron Paul
18.  Mike Gravel

Seems accurate.  I guess. :P

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 05:08:29 AM »

Dave, Romney may stand a part from the religious right on some issues (although, isn't he claiming to be pro-life at the moment?) but he still considers himself "one of them", and for the moment, that's a heck of a lot better than the others are giving them. At this point, anyone who says, "I love the religious right" and uses words like "morals" and "family" from time to time, will get their support.

so:
Giuliani = sleezebag, corrupt, dumbass
Romney = Mormon, waffler
McCain = Lier
Thompson = Laziest motherfucker ever!

Not that Hillery's tags are any better, but she still leads the poles.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: