Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 07:20:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330059 Posts in 13525 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Wow... this is a surprise.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Wow... this is a surprise.  (Read 5553 times)
V-Dawg

PizMasta+V
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 08:21:05 PM »

While I am by no stretch of the imagination a Harry Potter fan (I only read the first book and still don't get what all the hoopla is about), I'd have to agree with Dincrest on this matter. I mean, what else did the author thought her stunt was going to accomplish but draw ire?

Artists/authors should let their work do the speaking for them; the viewer/reader will use their imaginations do the rest. This was absolutely unnecesary, pointless and, quite honestly, hardly appropriate considering the intended audience.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 11:26:46 PM »

Its a pretty pointless fact too.
Especially since no one, not hard-core fans or homosexuals themselves could place Dumbledore's sexual preferance.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2007, 03:33:10 PM »

Yeah, this is just weirdly inappropriate. And unnecessary. And unwarranted. And stuff.

Just seems opportunistic to randomly decide someone should be gay at the last book. I wonder how it will play out. Dumbledore's boyfriend visits Hogwarts and they make out in front of the students?
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 01:57:38 PM »

Quote from: "SonicDeathMonkey"
Just seems opportunistic to randomly decide someone should be gay at the last book. I wonder how it will play out. Dumbledore's boyfriend visits Hogwarts and they make out in front of the students?

Guess you haven't read the last two books...

To specifically address your first sentence, I don't think she randomly decided that he was gay at the end.  The way it sounds to me, she knew before, but just hadn't had a reason to mention it.  Someone had him saying something in the script of a movie that clearly identified him as straight, so she said "uh, no... he's gay."  At that point, the news was out, so when someone asked her at a book reading about Dumbledore finding love, she outed him more publicly.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »

It said that during the production of the movie that she quietly slid a note to notify the director that Dumbledore was gay.  Why?  Did she think that would be bad gay publicity?

Yet this is positive gay publicity.  Opportunist!

You are right, Tooker.  I don't think it would've been public knowledge even if she had yelled "he's gay" during production, but I still say she is an opportunist!

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: