Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 10:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334535 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Will Wright says Wii is only next-gen console...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Will Wright says Wii is only next-gen console...  (Read 819 times)
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 29, 2007, 08:54:47 PM »

...and not a piece of shit, apparently.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 09:42:19 PM »

I *think* I see what he means, if by advancements of innovations and really throwing gamers into gameplay (by actually doing more than button mashing).  In which case, I kinda agree, if not for the power of the other systems.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 09:44:39 PM »

To bad the Wii keeps getting looked over for just about every other game that isn't made precisely for it.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 01:48:23 PM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
To bad the Wii keeps getting looked over for just about every other game that isn't made precisely for it.

It is too bad, but I can see why - reprogramming the controls and dumbing down the graphics is a really big task.

Don't get me wrong - I have a 360 and a Wii, and they're both swell.  I'd love more Wii games.  I'm just saying I can understand why this happens, even though I'm sad about it.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 07:28:13 PM »

Yeah, I understand it to, it just sucks for Wii owners and turns me off from buying it, since honestly while the wiimote might be fun for some stuff, I dunno, I wanna play games normally as well, but I just dont see myself buying it since really nothing currently released appeals, and the only real future game is Smash Bros

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 08:51:51 PM »

Editor @ the Guardian needs to learn the difference between "effect" and "affect."

And no, it's not a British thing like color/colour.

Ramza

PKProductions
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 05:01:49 PM »

Hell yeah, more power to ya will. I completely agree, Wii is the most inovative home console ever. Also I think its quite amusing that people seem to think that Nintendo (or developers) arent going to be able to make good games on this system, after oh, a year of being on the market, or for that matter any of the next gen consoles out right now and everyone excepts these AAA high class titles (as if there are none on the console now, which isnt even true) a mere year after the system even being out, and as I said there are AAA titles out on Wii now. See there is this thing called time, its take alot to make quality games, also takes time to learn the hardware. People were saying this same exact thing, around the same exact time after the DS launch, look at DS now. If history tells us anything, Wii will have the same fate, once developers get the hang of Wii (which is true for any videogame console ever released) we ill start to see more super high quality games. be patient, dang, actin like its ok to just cut off completely this early in the generation cause its not swamped with good games after a mere year of being out, I catogorize these kinds of people as 'The masses'.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: