Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 06:26:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338657 Posts in 13862 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Bazaar
| | |-+  Need me a PSP.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need me a PSP.  (Read 1700 times)
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2007, 07:46:25 PM »

Who wants to sell me a PSP?  Now that Canuck bucks are worth more than Yank bucks, I totally need to exploit this while I can.  :P

Since parity, I managed to get a really cheap copy of Tales of the World, so I need a device to play it on, yet...  I have little idea anything about anything PSP.

Can I save my games directly on the machine?  Or do I NEED a memory card?  I think I read somewhere that they only use memoery sticks and not SD cards...

Also, does the system have a plug in power source?  I love my GBA and DS since they have built in batteries and come with wall chargers.  Does the system COME with one?  Or is it SOLD SEPERATELY LOL GIVE US ANOTHER 30 BUCKS FOR WAHT NINTENDO GIVES YOU FREE.

Also...  MP3s?  On a handheld system?  Wtf, tell me more.  :P

Furthermore, I don't want any blown pixels.  I know the industry says that X amount of useless pixels is acceptable, I don't.  Sony can fuck off.  :P

im sorry i have used three tongue emotes ill stop now

Make me an offer here or via PM, but you can keep the knowledge I'm lacking in here as I like to perpetuate discussion when able.

Thanks for all the help in advance everybody, you all rock!

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 08:05:56 PM »

OK - PSP guy here to answer your questions.  Gonna buy me one of the new PSPs, so depending on various things, I might even be able to sell you mine.  We'll have to PM about it or something.

Do you need a memory card?  Yes.  There is no internal memory for saving game data.  Being a Sony product, they use only Sony proprietary memory sticks.  The Memory Stick Duo or Pro Duo, to be specific.  You can buy them all by themselves, or Sony offers a deal on them where you pay a bit more and get a movie with your memory card.  I got one with my PSP, so I have no idea if getting a movie with it is a good deal or not, even assuming you like the movies you can get.

The PSP comes with a rechargeable battery, but it's not stuck in there like the DS battery - you can buy an extra if you want.  It comes with a wall charger.

It plays mp3s and movie files.  I don't know what more you want to know.  You can put them on there and play them from the PSP's home menu, and some games let you do custom soundtracks using your mp3s.

Mine has 2 dead pixels - one down in the lower part of the screen, to the left of center, and one somewhere in the top half... I think.  Seriously, this is a non-issue unless yours has a few together or in a really obvious place.  I've only ever been able to find mine when I was looking at a static black loading screen for long enough to search them out.  They've never once bothered me, and I play my PSP a LOT.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 08:13:34 PM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Furthermore, I don't want any blown pixels.  I know the industry says that X amount of useless pixels is acceptable, I don't.  Sony can fuck off.  :P

This is pretty much impossible.  Simply based on the way LCD screens are manufactured, you're pretty much guaranteed a few dead or half-lit pixels.  On the PSP screen, which is fairly low resolution, there are around 130,000 pixels (480x272 resolution).  With three dead pixels, that's .002% dead pixels.  It's really a non-issue.  I have about twelve dead or half-lit pixels, and the only time it's ever noticeable is when I'm staring at a loading screen.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:31:32 PM »

Hm, really?  I thought that a few missing pixels would be rather noticable.  Oh well, I'll take what you gents have to say to heart.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: