Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 03:11:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319648 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  GH III/Rock Band
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: GH III/Rock Band  (Read 2990 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 06:33:11 AM »

Rock Band is amazing, and that's that.

I played both of them at E for All, and while Guitar Hero III is definately good, and has that killer Battle Mode addition, Rock Band is just....I don't know, it just rocks.

Just having drums and vocals there makes the game so much more varied that GHIII, even if they are both insanely difficult to do. Seriously, I couldn't figure out singing for the life of me. But then again, there were a lot of people that totally nailed it, so I think it all depends on whether or not you're willing to embaress yourself or not. :P
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 08:24:24 PM »

I played Guitar Hero 3 at GameStop today and had a pretty bad experience with it. I'm pretty good at GH2, but for some reason I kept on missing a whole lot of notes. If you saw the first videos IGN put up you'd understand what I meant. And I didn't particularly like the new guitar. The two together really made me reconsider a purchase. It's really a bummer because they've got some ill songs.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 11:46:12 PM »

Id get either if I wasnt already picking up and HDTV, Mass Effect, Front Mission DS, and a slew of other things.  Ive never played a guitar hero until I checked out the demo for 3, and I loved it, even though I had to use just a normal controller.  No idea what rockbands like, but Id probably get GHIII if I got anything, since I really dont have any friends to jam with on it or anything, I dunno the whole deal behind it so *shrug*

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 03:58:17 PM »

After playing GHIII a lot over the past few days, I can confirm it does have a different feel/code to it (at least for the PS3).

People have said it feels "off," but I think that's a misnombre. Instead, the game is a lot more precise, any slight miss and you'll miss the note. I can five star almost any song on expert in GH1 or GH2 and have been easily knocked out on hard on many GH3 songs.

First time playing Knights of Cyndonia, I made it through 8%.

If you want to Jam with me anytime, hit up "hussman12" as a friend or "We Love Syracuse" as a tourgroup. See guitarhero.com for the online portal,

JP
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 09:12:14 PM »

Double Edit:  Was watching and reading some stuff on rockband...and it looks sweet as hell.  I think ill save up for that instead.  Its a bit more..but damn, looks fun as hell.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 09:51:23 PM »

I think that Neversoft really screwed up with GH3. It might still be a good game, but if they made it somewhat unaccessible to the old fans then they've failed the GH license. The jump from GH1 to GH2 was fantastic because the HOPOs were much easier and the system was much more refined, but by losing the same feel they really lost the game. I'm just hoping that Rock Band will hold it together (I've been hearing some bad things about the Stratocaster guitar and possibly a lack of lag calibration [which would be horrible]). I'm still unsure as to whether or not I'll get GH3.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 02:01:27 PM »

Double Post.

I played it again today and for some reason I was good at it. Not quite back to my usual fantastic self mind you, but good enough. The hammer-ons and pull-offs are MUCH easier as evidenced my my awesomeness at the Number of the Beast solo, but oddly enough the actual strumming parts are really hard, especially when you have to do up and down or anything remotely fast.  If only it didn't have the strumming problems, then I might actually be more inclined to purchase.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2007, 05:11:21 PM »

Quote from: "superflat"
Double Post.

I played it again today and for some reason I was good at it. Not quite back to my usual fantastic self mind you, but good enough. The hammer-ons and pull-offs are MUCH easier as evidenced my my awesomeness at the Number of the Beast solo, but oddly enough the actual strumming parts are really hard, especially when you have to do up and down or anything remotely fast.  If only it didn't have the strumming problems, then I might actually be more inclined to purchase.

I approve this post.

The hammer ons and pull offs are crazy easy now. But the timing for individual notes just seems off. I'm used to passing songs on expert in GHII easily, but on GHIII I can barely do hard.

[/url]
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 05:35:48 PM »

I know what you mean, songs like "Barracuda" which should be easy just aren't.

Im better off with tough solos than a million notes in a string...

Just finished Knights of Cydonia on Expert and Im exhausted...

JP
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: