Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 03:18:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327344 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Jones Soda Halloween flavors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jones Soda Halloween flavors  (Read 738 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« on: November 04, 2007, 01:19:12 AM »

I'm a sucker for new soda flavors.
Pepsi Blue?  Not so good.
Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper?  I was surprised, but became a fan.
Mountain Dew Baja Blast?  Yep, I tried that one too.  Didn't love it.
Not a soda, but I loved Orbitz.

Name a flavor of a soda, and I've probably tried it.  Actually, there are a couple of flavors of Jolt that I only saw once and didn't get to try, but those are about all I can think of.

The fine folks at Jones soda have always had some flavors that are out-of-the-ordinary, like Green Apple and Fufu Berry, but they tend to do some REALLY weird stuff for the holidays.  Stuff even I'm not gutsy enough to try.  Stuff like Turkey & Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, and Brussels Sprout with Prosciutto.  Sickos.
(Want to find out more?  Look here for 2004, 2005, and 2006)

This Halloween season, I saw several flavors of Halloween Jones soda at the store, and they didn't look as horrible as the Thanksgiving flavors, so I decided to try them out if I got a chance.  You know, if they got really cheap.  Since Halloween's over, that has now happened, and Amy and I picked up the five flavors we could still find: Dread Licorice, Black Cat Licorice, Monster Mojito, Candy Corn, and Lemon Drop Dead.  I've tried them all now, and here's what I thought, in case you were dying to know.

Regular-sized bottles
Dread Licorice: pretty decent.  It reminds me quite a bit of red cream soda, although it has a bit of licorice flavor that makes a difference.
Black Cat Licorice: tastes very much like liquid black licorice.  If you like the sound of that, it'll probably be just what you were looking for.  I drank it with some pizza, and it didn't work quite as well as my traditional root beer, but it wasn't a bad combination, either.
Monster Mojito: I'm kind of at a disadvantage on this one, because I have no idea what a mojito should taste like.  I didn't really like this, but I finished the bottle without too much trouble.  Seems like it had a sort of citrusy flavor.

Half-sized cans
Candy Corn: very accurately reflected the taste of candy corn in a drinkable carbonated form.  I thought it was OK, Amy didn't.  She says it's probably because she's not used to sweet stuff (since she tends to stick to diet soda).
Lemon Drop Dead: let's put it this way.  13-year-old me would have loved this stuff.  Again, Jones did a good job of liquifying candy... but this time it was Sour Patch Kids.  The most acidic thing I've ever put in my mouth.  The list of ingredients begins with "carbonated water, inverted cane sugar, citric acid."  It was a struggle to finish a half-sized can of this stuff, and after I was done, I had to look in a mirror to see if my face had frozen all smushed up.  It hadn't, but when I burped, I got that nasty acidy taste in my mouth.  You know the one I mean.  Ew.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 10:49:22 AM »

Black cat licorice sounds good.  I love black licorice.  Lemon Drop sounds interesting.  I love Warheads candy.  

In terms of strange soda flavors, how about Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray celery flavored soda.  I had that a few times and I actually kinda liked it.  I can't find it any more.  

Moxie is weird.  It's like a cross between root beer and Vicks Vapo-Rub.  I kinda liked it.  

And I remember someone mentioning cucumber flavored Pepsi in Japan.  Pepsi Cucumber Slice or something.  I like cucumbers, but cola + cuke does not sound appetizing.

I'm not a soda drinker (I tend to avoid caffeinated and/or overly sugared beverages) but once in a while I like a Jones.

I approve of this nonsense!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 11:04:02 AM »

I tried the turkey and gravy Jones soda back when they were new.  The taste immediately reminded me of childhood Thanksgiving family gatherings, specifically the one where two cousins came in drunk and beat the shit out of each other until they vomited.

I've never tried a drink of theirs since, not even a normal one. :P

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 01:47:40 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
I tried the turkey and gravy Jones soda back when they were new.  The taste immediately reminded me of childhood Thanksgiving family gatherings, specifically the one where two cousins came in drunk and beat the shit out of each other until they vomited.

I've never tried a drink of theirs since, not even a normal one. :P

I imagine it's like the flavoured water for dogs we sell at my work. That was one of the worst tasting things ever :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: