Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 10:25:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331854 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  RF Online
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RF Online  (Read 3031 times)
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2007, 07:27:34 AM »

So I just got an email from Codemasters saying that their secondary MMO, RF Online (secondary to Lord of the Rings) has gone free. No sign-up fees, no monthly fees, don't have to buy the game, nothing. It's free.

I was just wondering if anyone else had played/is playing it and what their thoughts were, and if anyone is playing it, what servers are you on? Dunno yet if they have Euro, US and Asian servers yet, but it would be cool to meet up with some of you guys...

If it's any good, that is!

ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 11:51:55 PM »

Yeah, I played it when codemaster first brought it over here. Compared to most Korean MMOs it quite a decent MMO. At the time it suffered from a horrible level grinding/PT grinding system which I read has since been fixed to be less of a grind. I was also quite fond of the character design the only problem I found was equipment wasn't as unique as it could of been. A lot of the armor that I had seen looked the same, even more so if you played a male character. I recently re downloaded the game to see all that was added but haven't really had a chance to play it.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 01:28:47 AM »

That's interesting. I think I will check it out now that it's free.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:17:30 PM »

Disturbingly typical Korean MMO.  Not sure it's worth it even for free.  Back when I played it the races had extremely unbalanced populations, which in a RVR PVP game (seriously, the PVE was so limited you had no choice but to kill players over and over again) is a really bad thing.

The music's pretty decent though.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
valentine08
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 12:31:32 AM »

that is really nice to hear.

Ive been playing RF ever since but i left it for a while to try a new game called neosteam.  it also has the rvr thing on RF  which is really fun because it has such nice cute graphics.  I've tried the jap server before but i heard there's an english version coming up this april.

neo_gamer
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 01:06:59 AM »

i played RF online almost a year then stop then it became a free MMO, most old players retire but suddenly the population of the new gamers arise because of its free feature and the item mall system, some gamers said its still have bugs and errors ofcourse but the main bug is you can disconnect a bunch of players during the Chip War, i don't know how but all i know is you need plenty of pc's to operate.
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 05:43:19 PM »

Not that anybody cares but the official servers will be going down for good on 11/9/2008. Apparently, codemasters was unable to work out a deal with CCR on extending the license for the game.

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 05:54:11 PM »

Can't really say I'm surprised the game's going down...although it lasted longer than I figured it would.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: