Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:06:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319735 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Neal seeks opinions on his cousin's music.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Neal seeks opinions on his cousin's music.  (Read 1333 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2006, 07:32:49 PM »

The CD is "Energy" by Ameet Sharma.  Ameet is my cousin and a very talented composer.  He was born the exact same day as I was, which is kinda cool.  This is his debut album, all done on a synthesizer.  He's trying to break into composing for video games, animation, and/or film.

Since you all are gamers here and thus enjoy game music, I would like you to listen to the samples offered here, and post opinions.  I think my cousin's music is great, but I would like to hear what other gamers out there think.  

http://cdbaby.com/cd/ameetsharma

I approve of this nonsense!
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 03:31:30 AM »

I'm a sucker for layered ostinati, so I love the first track.  Also reminds me a bit of Kikuta, which is rarely a bad thing.  Forbidden Chase's a nice little Capcom-ish thing, and Exile has a pretty good rock going.  I don't know that I'd get it as a CD, but it's solid and versatile, and ought to be a good demo reel.  Definitely wouldn't mind hearing a few of them with some better samples, and the jazz stuff has some good potential with expanded arrangements and a band.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 04:06:31 PM »

I am always willing to give my opinion on music.
Listening to this stuff made me feel like I was transported back to the age of the SNES and Genesis. I like it, but it's honestly not good enough for me to buy. Then again, I am VERY picky about what I listen to, and even more about what I buy.
Binary Funk sounds like something out of Phantasy Star II.
Considering the sorry state of affairs when it comes to in-game music nowadays, I would gladly take this more old school stuff in its place.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: