Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 09:40:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331425 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  I waited too long
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I waited too long  (Read 1489 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 10, 2007, 09:20:34 AM »

Now I can't find a friggin Wii anywhere! Anyone have any secret stores or back avenue ideas as to where/how I can get one? No way am I paying for some ridiculous bundle like what Gamestop/EB have. The Toys R US site claims to have it in stock, but then won't let me put it in my cart(I'm sure they are out of it).
I KNEW I should have bought one 2 months ago. Idiot.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 09:28:01 AM »

That's odd, because this is the first week I've ever seen a store with more than two Wiis in stock.  At a Wal-Mart, no less. :P

Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 12:18:27 PM »

Last resort, call Gamestop everyday around whatever time they get shipments and keep asking them for Wii's.  I'm sure every Gamestop has like 5 people doing this a day though.

PKProductions
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 03:13:07 PM »

I have had my Wii since Nov. 19th 2006.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 04:34:38 PM »

Quote from: "PKProductions"

Take this information to heart, Grim, I'm sure it'll help you find a Wii in your area.

/sigh

Try checking out a Sears in your area....I hear some of them still carry games and I talked to a lady a few months back that picked one up there and saw three others right next to it.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
PKProductions
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »

Quote from: "Dade"
Quote from: "PKProductions"

Take this information to heart, Grim, I'm sure it'll help you find a Wii in your area.

Aye, indeed it will! But seriously, its gonna be HARD to find, and yeah... you probably should have started looking a couple months ago. I used to work at GameStop, and the best thing to really do is call them in the morning around 11 and ask if they have any, or what day/time they usually get their shipments in, and call them back around the same day/time they get them, and you might be able to buy one, right as a new shipment comes in.

It was actually complete luck that I got my Wii on launch. I had planned to go to my nearby gamestop the morning they started the PRE-ORDERS, and I got to the store about an hour after they opened, and there was one pre-order left, and the only reason there was even that one, was because the guy that worked there decided he didnt want his, so I was able to pre-order mine.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 10:44:36 PM »

I don't know where you are, but I know several people here live in the NYC area.  If you do, there's a Nintendo World store in Rockefeller Plaza that gets shipments in on the order of every day.  Of course, if you don't, that's absolutely no help. :(

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: