Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 12:08:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327927 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  SE is hiring anyone!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SE is hiring anyone!  (Read 2175 times)
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 04, 2006, 01:39:01 PM »

http://www.insertcredit.com

The pay is pretty low, but it seems like they're actively looking for new ideas.  I wonder whats going on internally.[/url]

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 02:16:37 PM »

WOW I MIGHT HAVE TO APPLY FOR 900/hour....

Fuck working for SE unless it entitles me to position of executive producer.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 02:18:54 PM »

LMAO.  As really tempting as it is to work for SE for $7.66 an hour, I think I'll pass.  I'm sure they will get lots of applications, but how many good ones will they get?  And will the additional "talent" mean anything in terms of their future games?

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 03:15:37 PM »

I don't think it's a big deal at all. After all who knows how many capable people will apply and how many will survive this three months of training and get a job offer. Besides, Square Enix has always looked at ways to get young talent, for instance by signing a deal with China's Tsinghua University last year.  

Just because they are willing to train people, doesn't mean they are desperate. They still have some of the most successful RPG directors and producers under contract. The only problem the entire industry faces is that the minds behind the major franchises are already in their 40s and 50s. Akitoshi Kawazu mentioned this issue in an interview some time ago, and Square Enix has been looking into ways to get young talent join the company through various initiatives and cooperations with universities over the past few years.

As far as what is going on internally, I can tell you that: You have a lot of disgruntled staffers, be it because of Final Fantasy-ism or other reasons. The fluctation in the industry is generally quite high, but in case of Square Enix (or pre-merger Square) several people in Japan have told me that they wanted to join Square back then, so they could be a part of the machine that makes Final Fantasy. After a year or so they left the company totally disillusioned. And apparently the situation has not improved after many staffers including company veterans had to learn about the merger with Enix out of the media.
Scree

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 02:38:39 AM »

I would have to figure they'd have to hire anyone they could get seeing how the games they released in the past 4 years have all mostly sucked. Well to me they have.

Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 04:35:26 AM »

They have made a lot of profit during the last couple of years, so they probably can live very well with you not wanting to play their games anymore :P.
Scree

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 10:35:51 AM »

Which is always a problem because even if they do a crap job it's still going to sell like crazy most of the esecpially if it holds the final fantasy franchise name or the newly popular kigdom hearts one.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: