Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 03:13:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319648 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Boards
| | |-+  I know this has been asked before but...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I know this has been asked before but...  (Read 3238 times)
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 21, 2006, 09:47:49 AM »

Basically i was wondering it was only a matter of time before someone in the forums about emulation/emulators. Cause in many of the gamefaqs forums there's been a lot of talk about it.

Basically i read the rules about the piracy issue here is it even ok to talk about emulators.

Cause i just want to be sure cause i would want to talk about it.

Just wanted to know.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 11:19:08 AM »

No, it's not ok...but I will let a Mod tell you.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 11:35:21 AM »

1) We're not gamefaqs.  We have our own sets of rules.  

2) Emulation, ROMs, how to acquire them, where to acquire them, etc. is not allowed on our boards, because that's a form of game piracy- getting a game without paying for it, or not giving the money to the people who worked on the game.  Obviously you can't talk about emulaTORS either, since, well, the emulator is the pirate ship and the ROMs are the pirates.  

See, many game companies browse our boards (since we're a popular site) to get a sense of demographics and stuff, and they'd be really put off if there was talk about gypping them through emulators, ROMs, and all that.  

I have my own personal viewpoints on the issue and my own sense of right and wrong on it and if you want to hear that, you may PM me.  But since I am in RPGfan's house, I will abide by the rules.

I approve of this nonsense!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: